main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Celebration IV

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mugen, Nov 20, 2005.

1. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    speakin of representing, maybe we should make up some tucson outpost shirts for you guys? Maybe just an iron on for times sake?

2. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I think we both got the "Shock and awe" shirts for C4.

Not fond of the graphic.... sandtrooper standing next to a burning sandcrawler (I'm bias) but I didn't design it.

Maybe I?ll design a Tucson shirt with Ewoks beating on stormtrooper helmets like drums. With a caption,
    "Beaten by teddy bears... not so tough after all". [face_laugh]

3. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    If you get some made, make a XXL for me, I'll wear it the next time I go up to Feenicks.[face_laugh] :D

4. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    What about Chewie beating stormtrooper stumps with their own arms? :D

5. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    So now we are talking a percussion/concussion musical group?:D

6. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Body and bucket banging, newest form of "street" music that's sweeping the underground.8-}

7. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003

501st dinner:
    Date: Thursday, May 24, 2007
    Time: 7 pm to 9 pm (Room open until midnight)
    Open to: 501st Legion members and their invited guest(s) only
    RSVP List: http://www.geocities.com/tk2304/501stMixer.doc

I did ask and we can take someone else even if they are not in the legion (pre-paid $15.50 per person) if anyone wants to go. I know 1 person that is interested. That leaves 1 for Chris.

8. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    501st Photo might conflict with the Fisher chat.
    The Legion Photo will be taken between 8:00pm and 8:30pm on Saturday, May 26th, in the main lobby of the South Hall (under the tower).

Why between 8:00pm and 8:30pm? There was a poll taken on whether to do an early am or an evening shoot, and the evening shoot won. I personally support the evening shoot for a plethora of reasons I have already stated. As far as why the exact times were selected, our volunteers are engaging in assignments up until 8:00pm. Carrie Fisher has a presentation at 9:00pm. So this is our best window to get folks in costume in the lobby. And I will be asking our friends in the Rebel Legion and the Jedi Assembly to try to fill the 7:00pm hour of volunteer shifts so that our members can be in the lobby promptly at 8:00pm.

Why on Saturday? Saturday will be the most highly attended day, and has the fewest conflicts. Thursday evening many will still not be in town yet. Friday evening is Opening Ceremonies. Sunday evening some will actually be leaving to be back at work on Monday. And Monday is obviously a poor option. With the exception of the Carrie Fisher program, I am unaware of anything else going on after 8:00pm on Saturday.

Why in the South Hall lobby? I can now tell you that the venue we were holding out for was the Staples Center. We could not discuss it before because the Center was reserved for the NBA playoffs. As the Lakers fell out of the playoff picture, we started a dialogue with the Staples Center to see if we could use their facility for our photo. Unfortunately, the real costs to the Center (security and maintenance staff that would have to be on duty) made it cost prohibitive. The South Hall lobby has the space to do a large photo, and has good lighting. And being indoors makes weather a non-issue.

But what if I have tickets to the Carrie Fisher presentation? The ?chat with Carrie? or whatever they are calling it is a ticketed event for a room that only seats 2,000 people. Mary Franklin would actually appreciate us providing something for the other 20,000+ who can?t get tickets to Carrie?s event to see and do.

What about the multi-club photo? The plan is to invite the other costume clubs to join us after 8:30pm to take some multi-club photos, and to migrate into misc. group photos for an with the public, providing an entertainment alternative for all of those who can?t get in to Carrie?s event.

Will anyone special be there? For the 8:00pm to 8:30pm photos, our honorary members (to include our honorary leader Dave Prowse) and other VIPs and celebrities will receive formal invitations to join us for some selected photos. There will be enough preparation and planning to make the photo an orderly and efficient experience, so we plan to have these photos wrapped up by (if not before) 8:30pm to get those with tickets to Carrie?s chat.

This will no doubt not be ideal for some of you, and perhaps some will not even be able to (or chose to) make the photo shoot at all. I apologize that we can?t be more accommodating toeveryone, but no matter when we do the photo, it will be inconvenient and maybe even impossible for someone to attend. We ask you to help us make this successful. Try to make it, and try to be on time. In return we will be respectful of your time and complete these photos as quickly as possible. We would also encourage as many as don?t have tickets to Carrie?s event, to stay after the official Legion photos to participate in the multi-club photos and linger to mix and mingle with the fans. You would have the appreciation of a great number of fans and the appreciation of Lucasfilm.

9. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Pima county has something against me. I got a Jury summons for May 15. only a couple of days, no problem. So I call tonight to get instructions and it tells me postponed until May 23! I've emailed them that I will be out of town next week.

10. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Oy! [face_praying]

11. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Things to take to C4....

Food
    Bathrom stuff
    Clothes
    Camera with charger and memory cards
    Extra shoes
    Pen and paper
    Book(s)
    Pillow
    Sleepware
    Directions

Other than personal spacific stuff any other major stuff?

Stuff to take back...
    Starwarsshop.com have posted 10 exclusives they will have available in their booth at Celebration IV. Here's a list of them.

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/category.xml?category_id=400905&rid=C4

30th Anniversary Poster: Redemption

Classic Animation Boba Fett Maquette

Samurai Vader Armor and Helmet

Samurai Vader Helmet

Star Wars 30th Anniversary Tee

Trooper and Bones Military-Style Hat

Skywalker Ranch Baseball Cap

Lucasfilm Logo Adult T-Shirt

Unisex Trooper and Crossbones T-Shirt

Ladies Trooper andCrossbones T-Shirt

12. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Speaking of C4... I can't get rid of my room. I e-mailed GenCon (2X) but no reply. Calls just ring or voice mail, never got a person yet. If anyone knows of someone that wants it please tell me. It's almost the same price to go half on my room but I don't want to do that to Jack or the others that already pre-paid.

13. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    If there's still room, I'd love to go to this, if at all possible. Let me know where to send my $15.50.

14. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Well if Mike would like to attend because he is the first outspoken I will reserve it for him. Damian who else are you refferring to? Jack?

Yes Dustin Damian and I both got the shock and awe shirts but if you would like to design something I personally would love to wear a custom Tucson shirt!!

15. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I can't design, I don't have the software anymore. I'll leave that to Dustin.

Cat asked several day ago if she can go, that's what prompted me to even look into it. So You take Mike and I'll take Cat.

I'm sure if Jack wants in if he asked anyone in the DSG he's be in in a heartbeat. I can ask on the DSG boards if he so wishes. Anyone else we'd have to ask also, I can't see anyone in the TFF asking the DSG to go as a guest (if room permits) and being tuned down.

16. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    My flight doesn't arrive until 8:15 that evening, so I won't even bother to ask. I will have to catch up with Cat later that evening to get my stuff from her and to arrange for her to park at my hotel.

17. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Advice for surviving cons:

1) Bring a backpack or to take with you every day.
    2) Carry protein/granola bars
    3) ALWAYS KEEP A WATER BOTTLE ON YOU!!! Don't be a rookiee con attendee and dehydrate
    4) Carry a Scripto pen
    5) If there are lockers rent one and put an extra pair of shoes in them. Your feet will thank you later. ;)
    6) Have pre-arranged meetings places and put everyone's cell number in your phone list
    7) Have fun for me, I won't be there :_|

18. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Thanks! Fantastic advice.

19. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Jury duty has been postponed to June. [face_dancing]

20. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    =D= Great! [face_dancing]

21. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    The actor who portrayed Lando Calrissian in the original Star Wars trilogy, is set to be at Star Wars Celebration IV on Sunday, May 27. Williams is scheduled to appear for an interview and question and answer session with Petree Stage host Scott Chernoff.

22. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Things to take to C4....

Food
    Bathrom stuff
    Clothes
    Camera with charger and memory cards
    Extra shoes
    Pen and paper
    Book(s)
    Pillow
    Sleepware
    Directions

Other than personal spacific stuff any other major stuff?

sleeping bag
    cooler(don't yet know size of refrigerator)

23. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    In room fridge?

7 days!

24. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    [image=http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/hal9k1/number-5.jpg] days

Entire C4 Schedule!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/f20070517/index.html

Just the Main Hall attractions:

<snip>
    CONCOURSE STAGE with Jay Laga'aia

Friday, May 25:

10:30 -- 11:30 am: Star Wars Celebrity Contestants
    Mandatory pre-meeting with Jay Laga'aia. Private! Look for details in your email!

12 noon -- 1:00 pm: Creature Make-up
    Dave and Lou Elsey, Academy Award-nominated artists from Revenge of the Sith will talk makeup and creature creation. The Elseys will be joined by legendary actor Bruce Spence, who played Tion Medon in Episode III.

1:30 -- 2:30 pm: Carrie Fisher
    The well-loved actress who portrayed Princess Leia needs little introduction. Enjoy an hour of unforgettable memories of 30 years in Star Wars.

3:00 -- 4:00 pm: Model Shop Legends
    Jon Berg and Lorne Peterson have worked on George Lucas' movies since they first created models for A New Hope. In addition to creating models for the prequels, Don Bies is the operator behind R2-D2.

4:30 -- 5:30 pm: An Hour with Jay Laga'aia.
    Jay Laga'aia has had Star Wars at the center of his creative universe since he was a young boy. Join the multi-talented performer for an hour of fun, music, and stories of his own personal journey through the galaxy.

Saturday, May 26:

11:00 am -- 12 noon: VFX Rock Stars
    Over the course of the past thirty years, it's possible that no group of five artists has achieved as many innovations for the industry as the five Visual Effect Supervisors on this panel. Spanning A New Hope through Revenge of the Sith are Richard Edlund, John Knoll, Dennis Muren, Ken Ralston, and Phil Tippett.

12:30 -- 1:30 pm: Irvin Kershner
    Kershner directed what is the most-loved movie of the Star Wars Saga by many fans: The Empire Strikes Back. The talented and eclectic director, creator, and photographer will appear for an interview and question and answer session with the audience.

2:00 -- 3:00 pm: Fanboys
    Director Kyle Newman and Producer Matthew Perniciaro, as well as screenwriters Ernest Cline and Adam Goldberg and actor Kristen Bell ("Veronica Mars") will talk about making their upcoming comedy/love letter to Star Wars. See the first-time preview on Friday, then come to this panel prepared to ask some questions! Free Fanboys prequel comic book, too!

3:30 -- 4:30 pm: Thirty Years of Star Wars.
    Members of the crew who helped George Lucas fulfill his vision for the culture-changing first movie of the saga, together on stage to share their unique memories and answer questions from the audience. Ben Burtt, Richard Edlund, Ken Ralston, Norman Reynolds, and Robert Watts.

5:00 -- 6:30 pm: Star Wars Celebrity!
    Who has the talent it takes to take home the glory? Join host Jay Laga'aia and celebrity judges Tim Rose (Return of the Jedi), Andy Secombe (The Phantom Menace), and Steve Sansweet of Lucasfilm for the Star Wars fan talent battle of the decade!

9:00 -- 10:00 pm: A Conversation with Carrie Fisher
    An intimate evening with the actress. Carrie Fisher will share her memories of 30 years in the Star Wars galaxy in stories told with Star Wars fans in mind. Ticketed event.

Sunday, May 27:

10:30 -- 11:30 am: Jay Laga'aia -- Live in the Family Room
    Catch Jay this morning, not on the Concourse Stage, but in the Star Wars Family Room, where he will be singing with Star Wars fans of all ages!

12:00 -- 1:00 pm: A Trip To the Maul
    Ray Park, the iconic Darth Maul of The Phantom Menace, on stage!

1:30 -- 2:30 pm: An Hour With Anthony Daniels
    The actor behind C-3PO takes the stage, and takes the mic for an hour of fun with the fans.

3:00 -- 4:00 pm: Star Wars Legacy Preview
    Be among the very first to see the new documentary on the legacy of the Star Wars Saga, and its lasting impact on our culture. The full Legacy documentary will premiere on The History Channel on Monday, May 28.

4:30 -- 5:30 pm: The Force of the Fetts

25. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Mike, I'm sending you PMs. Are you getting any of them?