main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA Celebration IV

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by GentleBant, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Well, looks like it's official! At least we won't have to make flight arrangements, and there's a much better chance I'll be able to go, now!

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20060526.html

2. TK-2432

TK-2432 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2005
    Woohoo! :)

Can't wait to see you all.

3. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    Yay! That's going to be awesome.

4. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    I still wish it was San Diego but I guess LA is better than somewhere we'd have to fly to. I just hope we can get into a hotel that's nearby, I don't think there's too many in the immediate vacinity of the center.

We might actually be able to get some new members with it being in LA.

5. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    There's either a Holiday Inn-ish place or a quaint, older hotel right there, like less than a 5 minute walk, at least to Staples center. There are also several hotels a little further downtown (think more of an 8-10 minute walk, tops) and then there are all sorts of scattered hotels if you don't mind walking a little further. There's no skywalk to do it from, but still as close by as I stayed in Indy this last time.

Also, there are lots of little coffee shops and little restaurants nearby, not too bad. (We've spent a few nights there, shopping, going to the FIDM or a basketball game, sightseeing in Japantown or the fashion district.)

6. OpheliaRedgrave

OpheliaRedgrave Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2004
  7. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Yeah, I'd like to get into that Holiday Inn. I guess they book 50 weeks in advance so I have a little more time to wait.

8. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    If worse comes to worse we can just have a carpool going...the hotel is going to be insane. Or we rent a house or an apartment for all of us, haha.

9. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    The train runs through there. :~)

10. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Here's the ironic bit:

San Diego Convention Center... didn't want it. :mad:

They want to be known for Comic Con so they declined hosting it. Eediots.

But yes, LA is better than someone where airfaire would have to come into play. :p

11. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    WHAT!?!?

/frozen in shock

12. majiinkilljoy

majiinkilljoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2005
    i really want to go and i have plenty of time to save up, sweet

13. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    OK, this is crazy. Many of the really nearby hotels are *already sold out*, even the ones that are just barely coming up available. (I'm trying to help various contigents from the RHS get rooms!)

14. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I guess that's not too shocking. That's why I didn't want to have the con in LA. Don't lose hope though, there's a good chance that the reason places are full is because they are saving a bunch of rooms to be booked though Celebration. I know that's how Comic-Con works, they reserve a ton of rooms in the area then offer them through their site, because of this trying to book hotels in other ways before they're available through Comic-Con is nearly impossible.

EDIT: If you look at the press release thing on the official site it says "Online ordering for tickets to the event and for discounted hotel rooms is scheduled to begin late summer/early fall." So I think my theory is correct.

15. OpheliaRedgrave

OpheliaRedgrave Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2004
    You're so smart.

16. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    I saw the mention of the rooms being held, but last time the ones closest by went so fast that we couldn't get through to get enough rooms, even with about 4 of us trying. I just wanted to see if we could get in on our own for now, then try that way again later. :~)

17. Nassik

Nassik Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2006
    I've known about Celebration IV and I'm in the midst of preparing for it. Thus far all of my energies (and funds) have been poured into the cfompletion of my Jedi garb. Following this every spare dime goes into saving for the event (food, board, admission, extras, etc...). I could never dream of attending the previous Celebrations but, now that it will be held in L.A., I have no excuse not to attend.

18. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I wonder when they're going to put up the hotel blocks they pre-reserved. Soon I hope. If I miss them I'm going to be pisssssssssed!

19. Nassik

Nassik Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2006
    I'm waiting for those hotel blocks to open up as well. Without that it will be impossible to find a place to stay during the Celebration. The place is going to be a madhouse. Since we've mentioned the hotels I wonder how much of the Celebration people want to attend... my hope is to stay there throughout the entire event (a nice four-day vacation).

20. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Kelsey (OpheliaRedgrave) and I will be there for all four days if not more! They're supposed to be doing Star Wars stuff all over LA that month so who knows!

21. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Talked to my friend from the RHS and we'll be there. She's better at watching for stuff (like rooms) so I'm hopeful we'll get one, too.

22. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    All the official info on registering and hotels for Celebration 4 is up now at the offical site. Everyone still planning to go?

23. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
  24. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    I really hope so. I'm going to make all the arrangements when I can afford it.

25. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Registered!

Although, I either created a GenCon account before with an email addy I don't have anymore, or someone else has taken GentleBant...hmmm...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.