Tidewater, VA Celebration IV

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by larame_kaine, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larame_kaine Force Ghost

star 2
    StarWars.com Finnaly announced Celebration IV. It will be at the LA Convention center in May of 2007 thurs-monday memorial day weekend. Yay!
  2. DOMNUSKYWALKER Force Ghost

star 2
    I'm going, I missed all the others. I never new anything about them until of course they had passed. Im not missing this one, even if I have to hitch-hike. Thirty years of Star Wars, I was in 6th grade when Episode 4 came out. Im really excited about C4. Most of the members of the club Im in are going. We can't wait.
  3. Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey guys,

A few of us from the "Commonwealth Cantina" FanForce (Richmond) are going to CIV, it'll be cool to see more Virginians going too. I strongly suggest keeping track of the Celebration 4 forum in the FanForce General category, it'll keep you updated on what's going on, and what we're all planning.

Unfortunately, the Figueroa Hotel (which is one of the closest to the convention center) has just been BOOKED OUT. Though don't give up hope, there are alternatives to choose from. Find out more at the Celebration 4 forum.

Hope to see you guys there!!! :D
  4. larame_kaine Force Ghost

star 2
    I've been checking out hotels and there are several within a mile of the convention center that are very cheap, under 70 bucks a night. Not the most posh but who cares, its not like you'd be spening any time at the hotel anyways. The only catch is that they wont let you book a room until a couple months in advance. =/

I've also missed the other celebrations, mostly because I was in school and had no money. But this should be a blast. = D
  5. DOMNUSKYWALKER Force Ghost

star 2
    Someone that could look out for the hotels would be helpful. Like post periodically when hotels are taking bookings or are full. Im not a very good computer surfing person. Im lucky to do email. Even navigating this site is a challenge. heehheee
  6. larame_kaine Force Ghost

star 2
    Check out the Celebration IV Main strand. The mod from the LA Fanforce is giving great info on hotels. I've contacted several myself. If you want a cheap room within a mile of the convention center in a not so good area pm me and I can point you towards a few. The only ones booking right now are the two star or less ones. The Convention center housing bureau has put a block on several hotels that are reasonably priced (Aout 120-200 a night) and are within a block of the center.

I went ahead and reserved a cheap one just incase when the block goes down and I'm not on the ball I will still have a back up. The cheap hotels allow you to cancel within 24 hours of when you're supposed to arrive without a fee.
  7. ANAKINOS Jedi Knight

star 2
    At this upcomming meeting (Sept 16 O6) Myself and Carl will be doing a little presentation on c4 to hopefully clear up and answer most of everyones ?'s. So the more the merrier. Hope to see you all there.
  8. larame_kaine Force Ghost

star 2
    Yay! I have something to look forward to at the meeting I can ACTUALLY go to. =D

9. JediMastOrinDiFreeze Jedi Padawan

I am really trying to make this one.

Plane Ticket Round Trip from VA to LA = $370
    Hotel stay 3 star = $50 per night x 4 = $200
    Food $100 + taxi $20 = $120
    $690 vacation money.

$#@k it, im in.
  10. Shivann_D Jedi Knight

star 3
    Try again on the hotel...unless you know something I dont....
    The Holiday Inn across from the Staples Center is $168/night for the Star Wars Convention rate. But they are not taking reservations right now.
    Where were you planning on staying. I am in Richmond and am def going but want to share a room somewhere. Let me know.
    Thanks
  11. Shivann_D Jedi Knight

star 3
    larame_kaine ....do you have a link to the specific listing on the LA Fanforce site that goes into detail about the hotels? You can email me at jsweb3@comcast.net. Thanks
  12. larame_kaine Force Ghost

star 2
    This is the thread, scroll down to the Hotel Information part::
    http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_star_wars_celebration_iv/b10611/24211222/p1/?0

I'm going to email you as well, in case you dont check back here.

All the hotels beside the Miyako, Figueroa, Radisson, and Omni are under the GenCon block, but the Figueroa and Omni are booked, I dunno if the other two are.

-Laramë Kaine
  13. TK7877 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would like to go, but i'm so busy. I might make a last min. decision.

14. TK7877 Jedi Knight

star 1
    tickets for this celebration go on sale monday.

good luck
  15. TK7877 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I got my tickets today. Thursday we are suppose to get hotel info emailed to us.

16. JediMastOrinDiFreeze Jedi Padawan

is it too late to get tickets?
  17. TK7877 Jedi Knight

star 1
    is it too late to get tickets?

No it is not too late to get tickets.

here is the link http://www.starwars.com/c3/

hope you can go , it should be a blast.

18. TK7877 Jedi Knight

star 1
    hotels went quick today.

i got rooms at the Holiday inn across from celebration woohoo.

hope to see you all arounds
  19. larame_kaine Force Ghost

star 2
    We are staying at the Westin. Gencon headquarters! See you there!!

-Larame Kaine
  20. TK7877 Jedi Knight

star 1
    gencon headquarters ,

sounds like fun.

21. jediknight88 Force Ghost

star 6
    Wow, looks like lil Mike is posting here now.
  22. TK7877 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hehe you know me I post everywhere.

are you doing to CIV?

should be a fun time.

23. DOMNUSKYWALKER Force Ghost

star 2
    HEY MIKE, long time between check ins.
    hope to see you at C4
  24. TK7877 Jedi Knight

star 1
    HI Domnus,

how is your costume coming? it was great last time I saw it.

I'll be at C4, should be a blast.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.