main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration IV

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by MerR2D2, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MerR2D2

MerR2D2 Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2006
    Jut got my 4-day passes! Anybody else planning on going to LA?

(The only thing is my friends are thinking about getting married in the spring... they better not pick Memorial Day weekend! [face_praying] )

2. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I bought my passes this afternoon when I got home from work. I already have a hotel and I have my airfare covered I just need to book it. There is a direct flight from Logan to LA which I will be taking. Last I check there is a ton of room both ways. I will be booking soon.

J

3. MerR2D2

MerR2D2 Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2006
    Yeah we're planning on staying with my husband's uncle, who lives about 20 min from the convention center. We haven't looked into air yet.

4. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Delta has the direct flight out of Logan. All the other airlines have connecting from what I saw. I haven't checked other airports yet Logan has always been easier for me with NWA to get me back to the Midwest. I like Hartford, but that is more expensive for where I want to fly to.

5. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007
    Here is a email that went out to Hyperspace members

STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV UPDATE

Star Wars Celebration IV -- Fan Club Members Have Exclusive Passport to Fun!

Members of Hyperspace: The Official Star Wars Fan Club, and members of other official Star Wars Fan Clubs worldwide, will enjoy their very own exclusive benefits at Star Wars Celebration IV this May.

Scheduled for May 24-28, 2007, the 30th anniversary weekend of the Star Wars saga, Celebration IV will bring days of fun, events,
    entertainment, and exhibits to the Los Angeles Convention Center -- and members of the Fan Clubs can enjoy one extra free day of
    exclusive access on Thursday, May 24!

Fan Club members who purchase a four-day, full show pass will be allowed entry one day before the rest of the general public is
    admitted to the show, at no extra cost. Here's what's in store for Members on Thursday, May 24:

Exclusive, First Access to the Celebration Store:

The Celebration Store will feature a great selection of cool merchandise created just for Celebration IV, including a
    yet-to-be-revealed exclusive action figure. Fan Club members can start shopping in West Hall A of the Convention Center at noon on
    Thursday, May 24. The store will be open just for them until 10:00 AM on Friday, May 25, when it will open for other show attendees.

First Access to the Celebration Exhibit Hall:

Fan Club members will get to have the first look at what's new in Star Wars collectibles, toys, and merchandise from licensees and
    dealers in the Exhibit Hall. Open from 12 noon to 8:00 PM on May 24 just for members, the exhibit hall will feature great displays,
    shopping, and planned Celebration IV exclusives from licensees.

First Access to Autograph Celebrities:

Official Pix will be returning to Celebration IV, and anticipate an even larger guest list of celebrities for fans to meet. The show's
    location in Los Angeles opens the door to many potential new guests as well. The Celebration Autograph Hall will be open just for Fan
    Club members on Thursday, May 24 from 12 noon to 8:00 PM.

Celebration IV Art Show:

Star Wars artists will offer spectacular, original lithographs created for Celebration IV, and Fan Club members will be the first to
    have the option to shop at the Art Show. Scheduled hours are 12 noon to 8:00 PM on Thursday, May 24 for Fan Club members only, and then for all attendees the rest of the weekend.

First Access to the Fan Fair Hall:

Once again, Star Wars fans will be a great part of the entertainment for Celebration IV. The Fan Fair Exhibit Hall, scheduled for Hall G
    in the Los Angeles Convention Center, will be sparkling with exhibits, activities, and stages dedicated to the love of Star Wars.
    Members of the official Fan Clubs will get a chance to wander through and enjoy the displays before anyone else, from 12 noon until 8:00 PM on Thursday, May 24.

First Viewing of the Star Wars Celebration Archive Exhibit:

Lucasfilm will produce an exhibit of props and costumes from the movie archives especially for Celebration IV, that will look back on
    30 years of Star Wars magic. Members of the Fan Club have one extra day to take in this wonderful exhibit, from 12 Noon to 6:00 PM on May 24.

Two Special Celebration IV Film Tracks:

Members of the Fan Club can sit back and relax from the busy pace of Members-Only day in one of two soon-to-be-announced film tracks. The tracks will be open for continuous viewing from 12 noon on Thursday, May 24 until midnight just for Fan Club members, and then for everyone attending the show the rest of the weekend.

Join the Fan Club Now and Register for Celebration IV!:

To enjoy a the Members-Only day at Celebration IV, first join the Official Star Wars Fan Club. Then, register for a 4-day pass for
    Star Wars Celebration IV. Only Fan Club members with 4-day passes will be allowed in on the exclusive Fan Club day. Members of other official Star Wars Fan Clubs worldwide should sign up for their fan clubs (United Kingdom, Germany, France, and

6. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    with each passing day I am looking more forward to this. I saw that Gentle giant has announced their exclusives a clone commander and an expanded universe guy. I can't remember the names at this moment but it is good to hear there will be two. Now we just have to wait to see what the Hasbro and Code 3 exclusives will be. Can't wait to find out.

7. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I wouldn't expect anything from Code 3 unless they have another mini-poster all set to roll. They've been promising stuff for about a year and a half but nothing has materialized. The lone exception was the EE exclusive mini poster.

8. MerR2D2

MerR2D2 Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2006
    So when is everyone heading over to LA? We haven't gotten our plain tickets yet, but we were thinking of going maybe a week early to see the sights. We're up in the air about when we're going to have to leave though. My brother-in-law's master's degree graduation day is the Sat of C4 and my mother-in-law really wants us to be there.:oops: Soooo, we've gotta figure that out.

9. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I am flying out on Wednesday the 23rd and coming back on Sunday morning. I wanted to take the red eye Sunday night but my wife gave me a guilt trip about not spending any time with her and my son during Memorial Day weekend. I was like I didn't choose the weekend for CIV. lol I am now lucky to be going after we got into it and she changed her mind on how she felt about me going.

10. MerR2D2

MerR2D2 Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2006
    Yey! We got our flights! I'm so excited that it's official now!

11. Mohawk-Elvis

Jan 28, 2007
    I will be at Disneyland from the 21st to the 23rd.

Then CIV from May 24th until the 28th and then after the con heading straight for Las Vegas [face_devil]

and getting home on May 31st early a.m.

So MerR2D2 maybe we can all meet up while in L.A.

What hotel are you at? I am at the Figueroa.

Anyone else going to make it there?

12. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I will be there from May 23rd late at night until Sunday mid morning. I wanted to take the red eye home on Sunday night but my son is going to be in a Memorial Day parade and I didn't want to chance missing that.

I hope to meet up with everyone going. I am not sure where I am staying at. I know it isn't too far from the con but the name is slipping my memory at the moment.

13. MerR2D2

MerR2D2 Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2006
    I'm actually staying with my husband's uncle. He lives like 15-20 min from the convo. It works out well cuz he's a real early bird (usually up before 6 am to go to work). So, he can easily drop us off on his way.

14. Mohawk-Elvis

Jan 28, 2007
    Got my badge finally. Well I thought I had purchased it a while back but it didn't process.

So I had to do it all over again.

It is only a few weeks away now! I can't wait.

It will be nice to see some new an old friends at the con.

15. Mohawk-Elvis

Jan 28, 2007

Billy Dee at Celebration IV!
    May 14, 2007

The actor who portrayed Lando Calrissian in the original Star Wars trilogy, is set to be at Star Wars Celebration IV on Sunday, May 27. Williams is scheduled to appear for an interview and question and answer session with Petree Stage host Scott Chernoff.
    Star Wars fans might know him best as Lando, but Williams' acting career has been busy, long, and varied with starring film roles that include Louis McKay in Lady Sings the Blues, Gayle Sayers in Brian's Song, Harvey Dent in Batman, and the father of a prison inmate dying of AIDS in The Visit, for which Williams earned a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Multicultural Motion Picture Association. In September he is traveling to Alabama to shoot a new project called Constellation. Williams will appear in a cameo in the upcoming Star Wars-themed comedy, Fanboys.

It is getting closer and I must begin packing!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.