main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Celebration IV

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crashdown, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Well, the time is fast approching for Celebration IV, so I figured we should have an official thread on the event. I know many of you plan to go, or at least dream about going, so here is the place to talk about it.

Some background if you don't know what it's all about:
    Celebration IV is an event organized by Lucasfilm Ltd. to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars. Lucasfilm Ltd. and Gen Con LLC will throw the largest party ever for fans of the saga, taking over the entire Los Angeles Convention Center from May 24th to 28th, 2007. The celebration will be filled with live entertainment, celebrities from all six movies, special film and video presentations, an exhibit of movie props and costumes, exclusive merchandise sold at a 24-hour-a-day store, pop culture tributes, immersive events, costume contests, and scores of additional activities. If you have the time and money to make it down, it will be a once in a lifetime event.

It would be great if we could have a good representation of OFF members down. The FanForce will have table at the event, and the Pacific Region FanForce will also have a table. Miana Kenobi (one of our RSAs) is organizing the Pacific group and is looking for volunteers to man the table. OFF is part of the Pacific Region so it would be great to have one or more volunteers from Oregon to help out. If you are intrested, please contact Miana by March 15th.

Unfortunatly, I will not be able to attend. I've used up much of my vacation time going to China, and all my money is being eaten up by my family and new house. But I am really hoping that the OFF members who do go can organize at least one event together, even if it's just meeting and walking around as a group. Is there anyone who would like to organize this?

-Crash

2. Quick2

Quick2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2006
    I too wont be able to attend.. We did have our badges and Hotel but becuase of a new house we are moving at end of February..We had to get refunds...I wished I could have gone but like Crash said..Finances and House.. I hope those who are able to go enjoy.... Peace, Allan and Karyn

3. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    (don't interpret this as bragging tone, but more informative)

I attended CI in Denver,
    I attended CII and III in Indianapolis. That makes a hat trick.

I lived in LA for 13 years, so any questions about what to wear, what to bring, where to stay, where to fly in to, what not to do...etc, PM me or post here.

4. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    Oh Marshall, you BRAGGART! j/k :D

I'm 99.99% "fer shure" going to this shin-dig. I'll have my Clone and Jedi costumes for trooping and volunteering in, plus (as I may have bragged myself) my sister-in-law lives in LA, so we'll be staying with her. I'm taking the train down (although I have yet to purchase the tickets) and renting a van, too. That's my plan at least...

-Kyle

5. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Oh goodness it's tempting, and I hope that I can go. I'm not sure yet. (We all know how this part goes...)

6. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Well, I have my badge, and considering my new home is two blocks away from this event, it would be basically impossible NOT to attend. In fact it's likely this event will disrupt traffic to my area for much of the week anyway, so it would probably be very difficult to leave my house for any other reason anyway, haha.

I leave March 11 for Los Angeles via car, I will arrive the night of the 12th, and then I'll have my stuff setup in my condo on 11th & Grand (1111 South Grand Ave.) by the 15th or 16th (moving company comes on the 13th to deliver the stuff, and I have help to set it all up). I start at the Los Angeles Film School in April, where I've been accepted for the Apr. 2 start date. I will take off the few days for CIV because it's partly tied to my profession, I mean as an author and expert on Star Wars it is something I simply must attend, I've been to all of the Celebrations thus far and I have to be at this one.

I am really looking forward to the event. It's very cool that unlike the last three, where I flew hundreds or thousands of miles to attend, for this one, it is not even close to one mile away from me. It's so close that most people will park further away than I live, if they are driving, and the line for the event probably will be visible from my condo window, haha. I am absolutely stoked.

I hope to meet some of you at CIV!

7. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    I'm going. C3 was great (except that I got stuck in Denver the first night of my trip!)

I am taking the Alaska Airlines flight from PDX to LAX (#2227) on May 29th. Hope some of you are on that flight!

8. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    It was my understanding that C4 ended on May 28th?

9. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    OOPS! What I meant to say was my flight leaves on May 23rd! I return to PDX on May 29th. Sorry! :D

10. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    more free wisdom from your future mentor... Darth-Bubba

If you Fly Horizon, (operated by Alakska) into Burbank, (closer than LAX to the con) You receive free beer and wine on the airplane.

It is a smaller plane, but free booze for two hours is cool.

LAX is cheaper flight, but Burbank less drama and nonsense.

11. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    Yeah, LAX will be crazy! 8-} But I am hoping to meet the flights of some friends from the East Coast after I arrive.

Oh, I'll get the free microbrews and NW wine on the flight up to PDX! :p I love Horizon Air! (I guess I have to as it is the only airline that services my town!)

And finally, I am using frequent flyer miles to go to C4 so cost is not an issue for the flights! [face_dancing]

12. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I'm going to be at Celebration IV about two months early just to make sure I get a good space in line for the opening. Haha, j/k, but I'll be living two blocks away so I'm basically in line once I get to L.A. ;)

I am driving down March 11! The movers take most of my stuff this Friday, though, Rose City Moving Company. The SW collection is already packed, it's so depressing... so empty. haha.

13. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    Hope your move goes well! Good luck in LA!

14. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Yes Bowen, have a great trip and move.
    I hope you don't forget us up here in Oregon, KEEP Posting.
    Don't get stuck-up just because you are down in the SW capital of LA.

15. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    haha, I'll keep posting here and visiting you guys on the boards. Plus Portland will always be where I grew up, so Oregon will always have meaning for me.

I'm coming back here for a few months I think after film school, so around April 2008, because I want to test for my second degree black belt at my current martial arts school. My master gave me that option and it makes a lot of sense as far as not having to learn an entirely new curriculum before testing.

16. Quick2

Quick2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2006
    Outstanding Bowen... Hope all goes smooth...

17. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    We're leaving this Wednesday afternoon on the train! We arrive on Thursday evening (supposedly at 9pm) and I'm going to beg and plead to go directly to the show for an hour! :p

Who else from OFF will be there? I know Bowen will be there and Marshall too. Don and Amber - are you guys going? Annie - did you say you'll be there?

If you see this guy, say hi!
    [image=http://darksidetroopers.com/coppermine/albums/dst_upload/05_05_2007_Free_Comic_Book_Day/DSC06311.jpg]
    (...because that's me)

-Kyle

18. brigandarklung

brigandarklung Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    unfortunately I am not going, things didn't work out in favor.

19. brigandarklung

brigandarklung Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    Well things worked out in my favor and I got to go, I wasn't there long enough to see most of it but what I did see was really neat. They had a lot of the collectibles there, tons of people in costumes and I saw a few of my old friends from other groups. It was a blast.

20. Nieber-Gon-Jinn

Nieber-Gon-Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2006
    I wnt and it was amazing. I did meet these three people from Oregon on the planeride home, two of them go to U of O(i'm sorry).
    JN

21. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Well I had a blast and finally got my photos uploaded to the DST gallery:
    http://darksidetroopers.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=92

-Kyle

22. PDX_TwiChick

PDX_TwiChick Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2006
    Is it pathetic that I actually cried becuase I was not able to go? I blame it on hormones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.