main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bing, NY Celebration IVa - In Binghamton, NY?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TreborGahKor, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    Okay, so this idea occured to me in the shower this morning (hey, this is where I have some of my most profound moments). Most of us in the Binghamton Chapter can't go to Celebration IV just because we really can't afford it. So, I'm offering an alternative and I'm calling it "Celebration IVa" (or could be pronounced "Celebration Foray"). The idea is simple. We get together at my house on Celebration IV weekend and watch all six Star Wars movies back to back on my wide screen T.V. and 6.1 Stereo surround sound basement Home Theater room (which will take about 15 hours total) and then we could either play the Star Wars miniatures game, Star Wars Risk, or the Star Wars Collectible Card Game (which I own all of) or we could go to the mall (after some rest) and do some recruiting. What do you all think of this? Good idea, bad idea? I was even thinking of inviting the Syracuse and Rochester members that aren't going to Celebration IV so they can feel like they are part of the Celebration even if they aren't. We could even listen to some live podcast feeds from the Celebration (which I know some podcast hosts are considering doing). Just some ideas that popped into my head. Let me know what you all think or would want. :)

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Sounds like a cool idea to me!
    (If you invite us :p)

~Doc_Bev

3. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    It does sound like a good idea to me.

I'm in for it.

KJ

4. Jem-Kerr-Lodemi

Jem-Kerr-Lodemi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2006
    Count me in!!! Give me time date place....directions..lol

5. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Okay. My wife and I are discussing details even as we speak. Let me know what you all want to do other than watch the movies on a sweet home theater system :)

6. Jem-Kerr-Lodemi

Jem-Kerr-Lodemi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2006
    Anything I can bring or help out with let me know. I'm more than happy to help out with things. :)

7. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Okay, my wife's in and it IS going to happen at my house on that weekend. More "stuff" is being ironed out, but my basement will be turned into a Star Wars extravaganza. We will have laptops to get live coverage of C4 (I know there will be some live video and audio feeds from there), we'll have a couple T.V.'s to do some gaming with and hopefully a few gaming consoles if you're interested. We'll have the ability to do miniature gaming, CCG gaming, board games, and more!! That's right, we're going crazy!!! My basement will be over-run by the Binghamton, Syracuse and Rochester FanForce chapters. Anyone from New York State is invited to participate, but I will need confirmations soon, so talk it over with your loved ones and plan on being there. At our last FanForce meeting, the order of the movies was agreed upon. Here it is:

Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace
    Star Wars Episode II - Attack of the Clones
    Star Wars Clone Wars - Volume I
    Star Wars Clone Wars - Volume II
    Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
    Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope
    Star Wars Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
    Star Wars Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
    Star Wars - The Ewok Adventure
    Star War - Ewoks, The Battle for Endor

There are also discussions in the works about having the ability to costume somewhere in Binghamton on this weekend. Hope you all are looking forward to this, because I know I am!!!

8. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Feel free to post about this on The Rebellion boards!
    It sounds like a great time!

~Doc_Bev

9. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    am I to assume this will take place during C4? what time frame do u have yet any idea?

10. Renny

Renny Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2007
    Is this still happening?? I hope so....May is coming...lol.

11. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Okay, so to update on where and when......

Celebration IVA will be happening May 25th, 26th, and 27th. We will start the movies at midnight on the 25th (technically the 26th) and will watch all the movies in order. Then, we'll go to playing Star Wars games. Including:
    Star Wars Trivial Pursuit
    Star Wars Risk
    Star Wars Death Star Board Game
    Star Wars Battle Front II (On PS2)
    Star Wars Miniatures game (bring your own miniatures if you want!!)
    Star Wars Legos (On PS2)
    AND any other games anyone wants to bring. Basically, we're going to convert my whole basement into "Star Wars Central"!!

My wife and I will be providing all the food, but drinks are BYOB. I know the local FanForce group is trying to find an event we can troop on Sunday to end the weekend off. Also, we will be getting CIV updates from some Podcasts that are broadcasting live from California and watching any videos we can find on the event as they come in on the Internet.

PLEASE RSVP TO ME BY APRIL 23RD SO WE CAN GET A HEAD COUNT FOR FOOD!!
    If you're not going to CIV, my house is going to be the place to be at!!!

If you need my address to try and find out how long it will take to get to my house, PM me and I'll get you my address and telephone number.

Thanks all, and I hope to see you in May!!

12. JagVader

JagVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2007

Your Maine, NY Vader would like to come just let me know. Sounds like fun are we going to start the movies at 3am...LOL

13. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    You are more than welcome to join us

14. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Definetly!! I want to pack my Star Wars themed basement!!!!

15. JagVader

Mar 29, 2007
    Well my wife said it was ok...LOL so I guess I'm yours.... So are we starting at 3am?[face_laugh]

16. Renny

Renny Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2007
    If my car isn't fixed...can I ride up to Bob's with someone?? I'd walk but that may take me awhile...or maybe I can ride my bicycle....lol.

17. JagVader

Mar 29, 2007
    Let me know where you are in relation to Bob, I might be able too.

18. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    No worries as my Aussie cousins would say. I can pick you up.....carrying you to the car might be a problem.....but I think I can do it...:)

19. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Okay, so here's the official list I have so far:

Ian Palmer
    Karen Finken
    Charles Arney
    Jeff Gonz

Anyone else coming? I need to know by Thursday!!!

20. JagVader

Mar 29, 2007
    Nope, just me. I'll bring my Ep. IV, V, VI, cds lots of awsome music.

21. Renny

Renny Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2007
    Car is fixed now..but if you still wanna ride together Ian or Jeff..that's fine with me. I'll toss in gas money. What time will we be there?? I am so excited..lol. Should I bring anything??

22. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Okay, so a change in time to accomodate coverage of C4. We'll be starting Celebration IVa at my home at 7 p.m. We'll start our evening by watching G4 T.V.'s coverage of Celebration IV. I'm also working on us possibly doing a costumed event on Sunday at a B Mets game. Also, you're all invited to return to my house on Monday evening (if you wish) to watch "Star Wars Tech" and "Star Wars: The Legacy Revealed" on the History channel on Monday night starting at 8 p.m. It will be a weekend to remember!!! WAHOOO!!!!

23. JagVader

Mar 29, 2007
    Saturday night @ 7pm? or friday night @ 7pm?

24. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Friday Night starting at 7 p.m. and going into Saturday with all the movies. There will be facilities to sleep at my house, if the desire arises for all of us and then we'll continue on Saturday. We can go into Sunday if you all wish. It all depends on how long you want to "geek out". I have the WHOLE weekend set aside at my house. [face_dancing] :D =D= 8-}

25. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    I will be there Friday night. But Saturday I have a wedding and a graduation that I have to play at. I will be back Saturday night and I can do all day sunday. I am look ing forward to having a laugh at this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.