main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bing, NY Celebration IVa - In Binghamton, NY?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TreborGahKor, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renny

Renny Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2007
    I'll be there!!! 7pm friday night! I pretty much had just this CIV planned..lol. Hope to have a few more events and things for us to discuss as well!

2. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    Okay folks, really starting to gear up for CIVa at my house. Here's how it will work. We'll start the night by watching CIV coverage on G4 T.V. and it's supposed to go from 7 - 9 p.m. and we'll hang out, watch T.V. and meet/talk. At that point we can handle things from there. We could start one or two movies, but Ian is obviously going to need some sleep since he's going to a wedding and graduation. EVERYONE is welcome to crash at my house for the night. On Saturday, we'll get up (if we didn't stay up all night) and watch a movie or two and while Ian's gone, we can do some gaming. After Ian gets back, I would like to take a photo with everyone there in costume in my back yard. So, EVERYONE BRING YOUR STAR WARS COSTUME!! WE'RE GOING TO TAKE SOME PHOTOS!! After that, we can watch more of the movies. I've heard that the E! channel is to cover the Slave Leia Photo event on Sunday sometime, when I know more, I'll let you all know. If you want to crash at my house Sunday, you're more than welcome to do so too. Depending on where we are with films and what not, we may be going all night at that point. On Monday, everyone is invited BACK to my house to watch "Star Wars Tech" and "Star Wars:The Legacy Revealed" on the History channel.
    With all of this in mind, I have to ask some questions:

Anyone allergic to food?
    Are there any vegetarians?
    What food would you like while watching the movies (any specail requests)?
    Requests for breakfast?

Don't forget, we'll provide the food, but it's bring your own drink/beer. I'm looking forward to the event!! I wasn't able to secure a night at the BMets game because it was just too late in the timing, but I've heard the BMets are excited about doing an event with us, so one may be coming up soon.

If you could answer those questions ASAP, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bob

3. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    No allergies to food.

I will eat just about anything.

4. JagVader

JagVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2007
    1) Nope good here.. I like meat, anything is fine for Movie and breakfast.

5. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Okay, I'll post what we're doing for food tonight. I think you guys are gonna like the ideas my wife has come up with. Awesome stuff!!! Another idea occurred to me. Anybody else here a collector? What if we took some time out of our weekend and headed out to the stores (Wal Mart, Target, and Toys R' Us) WITHOUT costumes, but to geek out finding Star Wars collectibles. Any ideas? If we do, then we should all bring some money along as well. What do you all think? Some of the Star Wars fans won't be out there as they will be at CIV. Just a thought.

6. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    sounds like alot of fun. take lots of pics :)

7. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Does this mean we get to eat younglings or ewoks?

8. jackboot

jackboot Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2004
    I am bringing my costume stuff to get some input
    no food alergies

I would love to go to Toys R' Us
    Lots of pics
    (yoda's voice) MMMMM Fun we will have. Yes Fun!

9. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Okay, here's a list of anticipated food:

For snacks: Popcorn, chips, dip, vegetables, sandwiches, movie style candy, girl scout cookies (wookie cookie look alikes?), and yes, cheese puffs, "muddy sneakers", the infamous Crissman "Oreo Bake"

For breakfast: Waffles, sausage, and other snacky breakfast items

For lunch: A meat tray, snacks, and a 30th Anniversary Star Wars cake (that can be eaten throughout the weekend)

For dinner: Spiedies chicken (cut up) along with salad, or if you would like, put the chicken in a salad!! Anyway, mac salad, and other sides.

What do you think, do I know how to feed all of you or what?!!!
    (okay, so my wife is feeding all of us, I better give her credit ;) )

10. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Kewl. I'm in with that.

11. jackboot

jackboot Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2004
    Bob,
    What an awesome time!!
    Thank you for hosting us and providing all the entertainment!!!
    Thank your wife for working so diligently to make sure we wanted for nothing, she is truly great! Your kids were great and I can?t express how much I appreciate this inspiring weekend! We are going to get arrested at Dragon Con! (but I do have bail money)

12. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    I will second that Bob. Great time. If anyone has any other pictures I would like a copy please..

That was a blast

13. JagVader

JagVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2007
    That's a motion. It was the best time. Your wife is a Saint for doing all the cooking and having people sleeping in their home for several days. Thanks Bob and to your Wife and children.

P.S. I also would like any pictures. Thanks

14. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Hey folks, cheers!!! Thank you for making what could have been a depressing weekend where I sat around and wished I were in California and helped to turn it into a real party. Honestly, I think I had more fun at my house than I ever would have had at CIV. It was great fun and even Heather said she really enjoyed meeting and getting to know all of you. This group has only grown closer and stronger, so here's to the future of The CORE!! Cheers!

15. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    sounds like everyone had a great time! hope pics are posted soon! :)

16. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    [image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/Karate-Jedi/GroupPicfromCIV2smaller.jpg]

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/Karate-Jedi/RemLapNaiGlow-1.jpg]

17. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    cooool costumes :)

18. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I'm sorry I missed it. You guys look like you had fun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.