main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration Japan

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Darth_Chrisious, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Chrisious

Darth_Chrisious Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2007
    http://www.celebrationjapan.com/

apologies if it's been mentioned before, I couldn't find a topic.

Man, I wish I could go if only I knew sooner, I know a little Japanese, probably not enough to get by but it would still be awesome.

2. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    My sister is going, she lives in Japan.

They just had four actors drop out today: Carrie Fisher, David Prowse, Peter Mayhew, and the guy who played Fixer.

To loose 3 principles, two of whom do nothing but conventions, I wonder what that means for the con, coming on the heels of the disaster that was FedConUSA in Dallas a few weeks back. note: I'm not lumping the two together, merely pointing out that FCU had problems with their guest lineup right before the con)

3. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    nix that; I see tf.n got some bad info. They pulled/corrected the story, only Carrie has dropped out. The others are all coming, sans Kenny Baker for health issues per the autograph page of CJ; which was expected. I was surprised to even see him on the confirmed-to-appear list to begin with since he said no more cons outside of Europe.

4. TheCosmicGeek

TheCosmicGeek Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2008
    I would love to go to this convention. I love Japan and always wanted to visit, how cool would one's first visit be than to go to a Star Wars Celebration there, and then spend some time in the country learning about it.

5. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    I'm going to Japan... 2 weeks after CJ :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.