main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Celebration Orlando, April 13-16 2017

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by starocean90, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Where has it been announced?

2. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    I don't know where you heard that an Obi-Wan movie has been announced, but that is wrong. The only confirmed Star Wars movies as of now are TLJ this year, Han Solo movie next year, Episode IX in 2019 and the third Anthology movie in 2020. While we know that this third Anthology movie will happen, we still don't know what it is about.

There has been NO announcement of an Obi-Wan movie. Not a single one. I really don't know where you heard this, but it is simply not true.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

3. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    [​IMG]

Does Grays make a movie almanac covering 2020-2070, because otherwise nothing about a potential Obi-Wan movie has been announced.

4. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013

Oh my bad I was thinking Han Solo movie. No HS news at all this @ SWCO

5. Mister Bones

Mister Bones Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2016
    Yes, I figured this site would have exploded if it had been announced.

6. fastcooljosh

fastcooljosh Jedi Master star 2

Mar 15, 2017
    Anthony Carboni laugh is so annoying

Avnar, starocean90 and thejeditraitor like this.
  7. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    You gotta respect those guys, it is not easy to go live and talk for millions of people.

Anyone here that has experience in talking for crowds can confirm.

The guys of the Star Wars show did a great job.

JawaShuffle likes this.
  8. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    I want to go up to his enthusiasm meter and turn him down a single notch. He's got great energy but you could tell he was overwhelming some of the guests

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Avnar, Chris_Fives and Guidman like this.
  9. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    Well put, he's pretty good on the Star Wars show in a tapped setting. Being live though, he was alittle too amped up. Andi did a great job hosting throughout the weekend. She's great. Felt bad about her voice today though.

General_Leia_Organa likes this.
  10. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    I agree - Andi was so much better. Enthusiastic and funny but without that "I am so awesome" trait.
    And overall the whole stream was bit messy - often late with different panels than it was announced...

Guidman likes this.
  11. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    The last day is over and had never to hurry that much in my whole life. I cannot say I fully enjoyed it and there were several issue, like my and Sandra's photo with Mark. We were pushed and pushed to hurry and so I had my eyes closed without the photographer realizing it. Sandra was also not ready for the shoot. Then we were again pushed so no time to do anything. Also my missed photo with Hayden because no time and problems to find anything at the first day. The not working -wlan. could go on and on. I'm not sure I may another celebration if it is done this way. I will have to watch most of the stuff the upcoming weeks from youtube. :rolleyes:

There is something very good at this celebration that I didn't expect to happen. I did not spend any money, because I had just no time to spend any money. :rolleyes:

starocean90 likes this.
  12. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    Hey nighty when you home? You must be exhausted? I'll send you a pm in the next couple of days for a catch up. Rest well, hope you are okay, sorry to hear you have had such a hard time :(

starocean90 likes this.
  13. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Thanks Dark Horse and it was really exhausting. I will spend another week in the US. So now a few days in Las Vegas and then a few days in Los Angeles. I need vacation from vacation, lol

starocean90 and Dark Horse like this.
  14. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    Good, good. You Look after yourself and your pennies :)

starocean90 and nightangel like this.
  15. dan1210

dan1210 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 27, 2015
    Im just wondering...do you think disney will want to hold these at the starwars land parks from 2019 onwards?
    I mean they have the space, accomodation etc.
    Would people like to see celebration there? Ive never been to one but that could be pretty cool.

16. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    It could be cool, but that is really tough logistically. Hollywood Studios in Orlando averages around 30K people per day, the other parks get more. I don't know how many people attended Celebration this year, but let's say its 70K, it would be pretty tough for the park to handle that. The parks aren't built to have over 4,000 people at one time sitting and watching someone speak. All while there's another couple thousand doing the same in another location close by.

I'm sure one of Disney's goals for the first few months of opening at least is for Star Wars Land to operate as smoothly as possible and to give the attendees a good experience. No need to throw a major fan event after opening to put that to the test.

I think it fairly safe to say Celebration will always be held in a convention center.

Chris_Fives and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  17. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015

I hope they have it in the US this year they should have it in LA next year, also I was wondering, I want to go to celebration when they are promoting 9 so would I go to the one next year then? or the following one?

18. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I know that there were a few Malaysians at the Celebration, because one of the nice ladies there posted photos of herself on FB in a Leia outfit and brandishing the country flag... Great experience these people have had throughout the four wonderful days, for sure!

And in contrast, the largest Malaysian bank sent ten lucky credit card holders on an all-expense paid trip to Orlando for the Celebration, but when I asked that lady (the one I mentioned above) about this, she said she didn't see any other Malaysian fans other than herself and a few others... Which means that those jokers who won the trip must have ended up in places like Disney World for sightseeing and never went for Celebration, what a waste of those tickets! ☹️

Sent from MillenniumFalcon.exe using Tapatalk

19. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Anyone meet Felicity? How was she?

20. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    There was more mention made of the Han Solo movie last year, than there was this year (as in: ZERO this year). Also: celebration closing ceremony = closing credits .. I certainly won't be lining up from 5 am for an entry wristband if I ever go to one of these again. V annoyed that I missed out on getting Clive Revil's authograph on account of not wanting to miss this.

finally - DJ Elliot may be lovely but a 1:30 am rave was totally off the mark. 1600 people were trying to sleep. 40 - 100 were "raving".

beh.

21. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    ladygrey45 They've already said there is no Celebration 2018. The next one will be Celebration 2019.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  22. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    okay thanks I didn't hear that so thats the one I will go to I guess!

23. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

I didn't but I heard from several people that she was a real joy. :) Indeed, Hayden and Dennis were also overheard saying that they were absolutely blown away by the love they received, and both would be glad to come back as well!

Well done fellow fans! So happy to know they really felt the love and didn't get scared away!

Also - did anyone get pictures of Hayden and Dan Logan at Galactic Nights? They were in front of some friends of mine on Hyperspace mountain (?).

24. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    So I got two signatures: Mark Hamill and Denis Lawson.
    I picked up the ROTJ minimalist print from the Celebration Store. They were sold out of everything else I wanted (ON FRIDAY! SHAMEFUL!)
    I also picked up a few loose items I have been missing for a while at great prices: Luke Skywalker from the Dark Empire II comic pack, the first Wedge figure from 96/97 that came with that Millennium Falcon carrying case, and best of all, I finally got a vintage Amanaman, meaning I am now just missing Yak Face to have a complete set of the original line of figures.

Other than the autograph, I got out of there at about $175, so I felt pretty good about that.

All and all a great time, but they have GOT to do a better job with the store and exclusive merch in general. Does anyone know who we can write with suggestions about how it can improved, because I have got a few.

starocean90 likes this.
  25. dan1210

dan1210 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 27, 2015
    As a viewer it seems to me anaheim celebration was something quite special, marketing seemed much more heavy, enthusiasm seemed off the charts. Would that be a fair assumption?
    Also anaheims venue looked nicer and seemed better laid out than the past 2 years.