main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Celebration Orlando, April 13-16 2017

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by starocean90, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Sgt. Carver

Sgt. Carver Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2015
    Leia should have gotten more spotlight on that poster but it's still cool.

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  2. FirstOrder

FirstOrder Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 26, 2015
    Really like that poster. Can't wait for Celebration! I'm not going but I love watching the panels etc on YouTube.

3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    The Panel that will kick off Celebration
    [​IMG]

hopefully the "not to be missed surprises" are an announcement for a post ROTJ animated series with the OT3!!!!!!:D:p

DaddlerTheDalek and nightangel like this.
  4. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    If one of those "not-to-be-missed surprises" isn't a Blu-ray/digital release of the unaltered original trilogy, I swear to god I will figuratively light myself on fire.

Not literally. Figuratively. In my heart.

5. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    corrected it for you. [face_whistling]

DaddlerTheDalek and starocean90 like this.
  6. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    why would they release the unaltered versions? They aren't canon and Disney doesn't really own the rights to ANH. Wasn't it said Fox owns the rights to the 6 movies until 2020 (excluding ANH) for home media? Even the digital release that Disney sold wasn't the originals.

nightangel likes this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm going to try my best to get into this panel. It should be good!

8. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I have the 2008 DVD box, it has the unaltered version as bonus discs. Not the best quality, but better than nothing.;)

9. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    What does it matter if they're not canon? Canon is the least important part of this series. They literally overwrote like 99% of it three years ago. And why would they release it? Because they're extremely important pieces of film history, especially and particularly the original film, of which this is the 40th anniversary. They've been out of print for 20 years now (barring the godawful 2006 DVD release, which was taken from a 1993 Laserdisc master), which is half the lifespan of the original film, and there's a strong demand for it so there's money to be made; there's a financial incentive for both parties to do it. Deals could be made, and similar deals have been done before, and

Organafan and nightangel like this.
  10. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    maybe because they might be better off releasing them once they actually own the rights, 2020 is only 3 years away. And canon does matter, releasing different versions of the same films has problems to it.

nightangel likes this.
  11. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    That is amazing!!

12. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    They need to get Fox onboard, and they have exactly one film in perpetuity. They may be more willing to cooperate if they get some profits from the other five films for a few years, after which that will go solely to Disney. And 2020 is only three years away, but the 40th anniversary is now.

How? There's nothing different story wise. It's literally color timing, effects, editing on stuff like Greedo vs. Han shooting first. Stuff like the original Emperor hologram, the Sebastian Shaw version of Anakin's Force ghost, Darth Vader not screaming "Noooo" before throwing Palpatine down the shaft, or the Max Rebo Band playing Lapti Nek instead of Jedi Rocks won't make the canon suddenly fall apart or confuse audiences regarding major story points.. And they can plainly say the updated versions are canon, and the unaltered versions are simply what was released in theaters in 1977-1983. There are like five versions of Blade Runner all in the same box set. It has no negative impact on the film or the forthcoming Blade Runner 2049.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I would guess there's a good possibility of this happening. Release the unaltered versions on May 25th. Both companies would be crazy not to take advantage of it.

14. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Blade Runner isn't some big franchise, a 2nd movie released 30+ years later isn't much of anything.

well the Anakin one is a major change, it's not minor and it's a story change too.

the release of the unaltered version go against what Lucas put out. When they sold the rights to TNT (tv rights) it wasn't the unaltered same for the AMC marathon. Every release from Disney has been the specials. Besides, it's the 40th anniversary better to announce something new for everyone than something that means something to certain fans.

well I hope for your sake they release them. I'm completely indifferent on the unaltered versions, whether they come out or not makes no difference to me.

nightangel likes this.
  15. FirstOrder

Oct 26, 2015
    I don't know about the original version blu-ray's, but my guess is that they will announce another 'Star Wars Story' film.

16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    ^they will announce a Droids Animated Anthology.:p

nightangel likes this.
  17. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    By the way, that Celebration poster is totally the wallpaper on my phone now.

I feel they would do that at the inevitable Future Filmmakers panel. They've had one the past two years, and they'll need someplace to talk about the Han Solo film. I don't think this would be the right place to do that, especially not the day before the TLJ panel. I mean, "Wow, hard to believe the original film is four decades old, huh guys? By the way we're making a Boba Fett movie everyone put your hands in the air" would be kind of weird.

18. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    well Boba Fett is not a bad idea since it's the 40th of ANH and Boba is in that film.;)

PymParticles likes this.
  19. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014

[​IMG]

20. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    actually seeing the poster from last year.
    I prefer this one because like you said all 3 trilogies together. The one from last year was just TFA and RO together, with RO being the majority of the poster

the only thing missing in this one is color.

nightangel likes this.
  21. FirstOrder

Oct 26, 2015

Did you pick Fett because you thought it would make my post look dumb? :p

I hope they actually say "Wow, hard to believe the original film is four decades old, huh guys? By the way we're making a Obi-Wan Kenobi movie everyone put your hands in the air". :)

22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    They'll announce the Greedo spinoff... He Shot First: A Star Wars Story. :p

23. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    "We're happy to announce a film a lot of you have been clamoring for. We've been listening, and your voices have been heard. It's a movie set between Episodes III and IV starring one of the most iconic and popular characters from the prequel trilogy, and we're pleased to tell you that the original actor is on board to reprise his role. Everybody welcome Mr. Ahmed Best, star of Jar Jar Binks: A Star Wars Story!"

FirstOrder likes this.
  24. FirstOrder

Oct 26, 2015

Co-starring Constable Zuvio and C2-B5... I'm there!

25. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    The blank space between the characters and the droids is driving me nuts.