main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Conventions Thread (Now Discussing D23 July 14-16, SDCC July 20-23)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Chiznuk , Mar 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Celebration Orlando is just around the corner and while the focus will mostly be on The Last Jedi there should at least be a Future Filmmakers panel to discuss the Han Solo film and perhaps other Anthology films.

We could get a title for Han Solo.

Maybe a director will be announced for the third Anthology film.

Maybe they'll make the entire world happy and finally announce the damn Obi-Wan movie!

Whatever they announce discuss it here. This thread can also be retitled for next year's Celebration when the Han Solo film takes center stage.

2. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I'm hoping for a Han Solo title, a first look at the cast in costume (particularly Han and Chewie with Lando), and a director for what I'm assuming will be the Boba Fett film, which feels more likely than a Kenobi film to me. Hell, after Logan, if they announced James Mangold as a director for either a Boba Fett or Ben Kenobi movie I'd do backflips.

3. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    I hope we find out what the next anthology movie after IX is about, and what LFL plan to do with SW after completing the ST. Perhaps we'll get a production still for the Han Solo movie, similar to what we got for Rogue One at 2015's D23.
    [​IMG]

4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think the 2020 film will be “announced”, but no details on what it will actually entail, story-wise, will be released.

5. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I'm doubtful on that. It'll fall flat if they announce that a single unspecified movie is coming in 2020, since it's really just announcing something everyone has known about for years. Either there's no announcement or there's a bone to throw to the fans.

6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, at Celebration last year the only announcement made at the Future Filmmakers panel was that Alden Ehrenreich had been cast as Han - something that had been Hollywood's worst kept secret for a couple of months (in fact, I thought they had already announced it). So I'm not holding my breath.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  7. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    The rumor is that the title for Han Solo will be announced at D23 this year. Hopefully they announce the next standalone film at Celebration. Didn't Bob Iger or someone at Disney say that they already have started writing it? I think they could certainly announce what the film is and who is directing it.

8. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    If it's true that another standalone is being worked on as we speak and it's announced this year I'm guessing it won't be a Lando movie, though that's what I'd like. They probably want to wait to see how the Han movie does before moving ahead with a Lando film.

My guess is that we'll get an Obi-Wan film announcement if we get any new film announcements at all.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    They have just announced that there won't be a Celebration next year. I wonder if this makes it anymore likely we'll see a little more from the Han Solo movie than expected.

GregMcP likes this.
  10. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    http://www.starwarscelebration.com/...r-Wars-Celebration-Coming-to-Our-Galaxy-2019/

Whoa. Okay. Interesting.
    The comfy annual fandom cycle that we've just gotten used to is being quite shaken up.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  11. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm also of the thinking that since there's no Celebration next year, we will get a bit more Han info this time around than we would have otherwise. But there's still the Disney convention later this year-I'd bet we would get quite a bit during that, if not here.

12. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    My biggest hopes are that we get a full length trailer for TLJ, an official name for the Han Solo movie, an official announcement for the third anthology movie and an announcement for a new OT box set that includes cleaned up, (possibly 4K) versions of the movies AND they don't include any of the special edition junk that Lucas added in.

Realistically I'm thinking we'll get a TLJ trailer, maybe just a teaser...and that's about it. I doubt they'll announce the next anthology film or a new version of the OT that omits the special edition stuff. I'm going in with low expectations.

MrMojoRisin likes this.
  13. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    There's no "Han Solo" session....

14. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Yeah I just noticed that too. I thought we'd at least get an announcement about the official name. Looks like that will all come later. Same with the announcement of the next anthology movie, not that I really expected to hear about that next month.

15. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    I guess we won't know anything about the third Anthology until late 2018 at the earliest.

But we may not get anything about it at most until Celebration 2019.

16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    It's not like Celebration is the only place they can announce it. There's D23 later this year and they could always just make the announcement on starwars.com.

PymParticles likes this.
  17. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Yeah, I'm shocked there's no Future Filmmakers panel this year. If anything gets shown for Han Solo, I'm betting it's either as a surprise at the end of the 40th anniversary panel, or during the closing ceremonies. They wouldn't put it during the TLJ panel because they're going to want full focus to be on that film; the panel is its "raise the curtain" party. Either that, or it'll be at D23 like we heard last month. Or casually on the official website on a Tuesday afternoon. Who knows?

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  18. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Any word if Alden is going to be at celebration?

19. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  20. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Do people really think that they'll announce a Lando movie so soon? The Solo flick isn't even out yet, plus there are other stories to tell.

21. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Celebration Orlando 2017 Pics! Part 8

New pics of Celebration Orlando 2017 stuff! LEGO Lottery, Funko Pop Exclusives, multiple SW actors from the PT. OT. ST, TCW, Rebels including Hayden Christensen confirmed to appear! Celebration is April 13-16. Be sure to check my playlists for tons of stuff! More vids soon!

22. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015

I think if the Solo movie is successful and the public (if not the hardcore "Harrison or Death" crowd) accept this new bunch of actors, it could go off on it's own side Saga. Sure. And they could still do other Stories. But nah, if they do that, we wont hear about it for a while yet.

23. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I think they learned a lot from last year in London. It's a challenge to create an engaging panel for films 1-3 years away when you have a culture of secrecy. They couldn't even talk about what the tone of Han Solo would be last year, which really left them nothing to discuss except 'these are the directors' and 'this is our young Han Solo actor'. Even the content on TLJ was very light, with just a few behind the scenes photos that kept to the completely spoiler-free approach. I was there at that panel, and I was a bit disappointed (aside from seeing Hamill and Fisher in the flesh for the first time).

Satipo likes this.
  24. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'd imagine a theatrical trailer for TLJ would be the most obvious, since it's out in like 8 months and we've still generally heard/seen almost nothing about it. Also, I do imagine we might get at least the title of the Han Solo movie. I don't imagine they'd need a whole Solo session scheduled to still announce something like that. Perhaps we could even get an announcement of what the 3rd spinoff will be. That would be realistic too IMO. They have announced that kind of thing pretty far in advance in the past. (See: The original Rogue One announcement, and the intended-but-dropped Boba Fett announcement.)

I won't be availiable to watch all of it, cos I got stuff going on, but I did set aside time for the TLJ panel on Friday. I remember watching the live streaming of the panel for TFA in 2015, and it was a great time! I felt like I was there-even though I wasn't there! ;)

25. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    Did they show that very first Rogue One clip at celebration or comic con? The Death Star above the jungle planet one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.