main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Celebration priorities

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by SensationalSean, Jun 29, 2016.

1. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    Since we finally have a reasonable amount of info about the convention, what are your top priorities for the weekend? Since I'm going as press, I'll have to file stories about any major Rogue One or Episode VIII news. Beyond that, I'm quite free!

I intend to get a photo with Mark Hamill at some point, but I'd love to get as many signatures on one poster as possible. I don't know how feasible it will be to do that while keeping the poster in good condition.

2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Too many!

I've made a plan but if I get half of it done I'll be happy.

For Friday - Mark Hamill's panel, Mark Hamill photo op and the Rogue One panel. I think the queues for those panels will take pretty much all of my day.

For Saturday - Rebels Season 3 panel/premiere is my main priority then Anthony Daniels' panel

For Sunday - Carrie Fisher's panel then either Lego TFA or TBC/Closing Panel (edging towards Closing/TBC I think just because I'm hoping we'll get something VIII related there.)

Other than panels I really want to do the ILM Trials on Tatooine VR experience, that's my top priority. Then Rogue One display and Celebration Store. At some point I'd like to try and see the show floor as well [face_laugh]

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  3. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    The queues will be unpredictable! Aside from those, you'd certainly manage to do all that stuff. It's hard to know how busy the Rebels panel will be - the fact that the Season 2 finale was amazing may draw a lot of people!

4. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    i would say that going into the SWCE you should have a plan of attack but also know that things will change the moment the Con starts.

5. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm finding predicting things hard at the moment. Based on reports from last year I'd say pick one or two must do things per day and be prepared to queue a lot. Anything else is a bonus. Based on the last London Celebration (2007) I'd say that if you don't mind sitting near the back then you can just walk up 5-10 minutes before every panel and you'll get in just find and have plenty of time to see the show floor. The truth will be somewhere in between. I'm expecting it to be a lot busier than 2007 (the UK convention scene is more popular these days and interest in Star Wars is at an all time high) but no where near as crazy as it sounds like Anaheim was.

After Friday we'll all have a much better idea of what to expect over the rest of the weekend.

I think the biggest question right now is how long people will queue for Rogue One. By opening with Mark Hamill I think they've prevented any over night queues but with them streaming the panel they're obviously expecting a big crowd so last minute walk ins are unlikely (same for whatever the Closing Panel ends up being). It will be interesting to see how far in advance people start queuing and what the cut off point is to just get in the room.

6. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
    Only going on the Friday
    - Celebration Shop
    - Mark Hamill Panel (if queue isn't too ridiculous)
    - Mark Hamill autograph (if too expensive then Carrie's or Peter Mayhews)
    - Rogue One display, Art Show, Tatooine VR, stalls etc
    - Rogue One Panel screening (think i saw that it will be broadcast on another stage)
    - New Hope Screening

BobaThrowsaFett likes this.
  7. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Last time Celebration was in London they got everyone in to Mark's panel (queue was massive when I joined but moved very quickly as soon as they let people in), so hopefully it won't be that bad. If you join it late it will probably look worse than it is.
    Rogue One panel is streaming to the Galaxy and Behind the Scenes Stages so you should easily get in one of those if they've capped the main hall queue.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    My partner and I were in that queue - I think we waited around 2 hours or so.

9. Krennic

Krennic Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2016
    Yea I don't remember the queues in 2007 being that bad, I don't think I was longer than 30 mins for most panels. This year will be more popular but I'm hoping they have planned for it, from comparing the 2007 programme to the floor plan now I think the main stage is bigger. Plus I'm thinking the whole are is bigger by a third maybe, little hard to tell as its in different sections than last time.

Like most people I'm wanting to see Mark, Rogue One, Rebels, Carrie and the closing panel. Just have to see how it goes.

10. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    The Rogue One panel will be the most nuts by far. I have no clue what I'll buy beyond the main poster, it'd be cool to see a Hasbro or Hot Toys exclusive (but they'd have revealed those by now).

11. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    That future of star wars panel they annonced on the star wars show!
    - Mark Hamill
    - Anthony Daniels
    - Rebels S3
    - Rogue One
    I find these panels really enjoyable!

12. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I think the just announced Future Filmmakers panel might just give Rogue One a run for its money!
    My Sunday plans now all depend on what that queue looks like

BobaThrowsaFett and CaptainRegor like this.
  13. Luke4soph

Luke4soph Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    If you try to get as many signatures as possible get paul blakes!! Who played greedo, ive got his on my poster he was a really nice bloke to meet and talk to!

14. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    Oooh, Future Filmmakers will be good! Hope it isn't on too late on Sunday, since I'll have a flight to catch.

Paul Blake does seem like a cool guy and Greedo is one of ANH's most memorable characters! He's even weighed in on Han Shot First.

15. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I also recommend the Fett panel. I'm not a Fett fan, but I'm a big Jeremy Bulloch fan and he always has a great presentation/panel. I try to never miss him.

16. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    I remember chatting to Bulloch at a convention in Ireland in 2010 and thinking "I could talk to this guy all day!" as a line built up behind me! Matthew Wood and Kenneth Colley were similarly engaging.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  17. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    The Ahsoka's Untold Stories Panel. At the same time as Mark Hamill's.

If I go. It's slightly nudging my mind.

18. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Well, I think the Mark Hamill panel is as good as gurranted to wind up on youtube, while the Ahsoka might not...

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  19. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @CaptainRegor I'm starting to think I just might go. 11 is certainly reasonable to get there by and that panel is something I'd want to see. Is it okay to record it? With a video camera or audio? Might live blog it here if possible. Hopefully it won't be crazy busy because of the Mark Hamill Panel and if I'm early- front row seats!

20. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Maybe... Some panels you aren't allowed some they don't care (as long as it isn't "flash")

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  21. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I hope you can record as I'd love to see the Ahsoka panel but I'm going to be going to Mark's panel on the day. It would be great to catch the Ahsoka panel online whilst in the queue for Rogue One in the afternoon!

Like Regor says, recording depends on the panel and if they're showing unreleased animatics they might not allow you to record (if they don't show anything like that then I'm sure you'll be fine to record the full panel)

22. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
  23. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    One of the major priorities is to get enough sleep. Believe me, this is coming from a guy who stayed up for 30+ hours at Celebration Anaheim for the JJ/KK/TFA panel. I was awake from Wed. morning and didn't go to sleep until around 2am Friday I was beat the rest the convention.

24. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Must admit I was looking at my plan yesterday and thinking I'm not gonna have time to eat!

Just hope the queues aren't too crazy, already seen people on Twitter saying they'll queue 12 hours for Rogue One if they have to!

25. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    ExCel has places to eat..