main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Celebration priorities

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by SensationalSean, Jun 29, 2016.

1. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah but will I have time to eat there LOL

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Most are just food stands so you can take away. You can always eat in line..

3. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    What sorta food is available? and will it be crazily expensive? Probably something like a sub or baguette would be what I would want.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Here you go. There is at least one Subway so that would handle a sub/grinder.

Darthmaul208 and SensationalSean like this.
  5. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    The escalation of people's willingness to stand in line baffles me. Your time is too precious for that; it's the one resource you can't get back!

It won't be good food and it will be overpriced, but it'll keep us going!

BobaThrowsaFett and Darthmaul208 like this.
  6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Celebrations are intense, try to remember the Daily 1-2-3 (1 shower, 2 meals, 3 hours of sleep). That could keep you going for the whole time.

CaptainRegor and SensationalSean like this.
  7. JaHawk

JaHawk Jedi Padawan

May 24, 2015
    My priorities are, on Friday, the Ahsoka panel, and then Rogue One - but I'll settle for one of the streaming rooms as long as you don't miss out on any exclusive footage etc in those rooms? I'd love to do a Carrie Fisher photo op but scared to book it in case I somehow miss the time slot, since I don't fully understand how the Ops work. On Saturday, priority is the Rebels panel, and hopefully get to meet Mark Hamill or Ashley Eckstein - then that's that. I couldn't get the Sunday off work unfortunately.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  8. Krennic

Krennic Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2016
    Oh that's going to be hard to choose. I hope they put some online.

SensationalSean and Darthmaul208 like this.
  9. Luke4soph

Luke4soph Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    Mine is just meeting as many guests as i can and getting them to sign my poster and an #1 star wars comic i have, so ill probaly be queueing for them mainly, just hope can get in and get stuff signed early to then catch a pannel or two after

CaptainRegor likes this.
  10. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Yeah! I think I'm currently leaning torwards Ahsoka as its far far more likely Hamill will appear on youtube (altough the live expereince is so much more fun!)

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  11. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    3.1 add coffee? ;)

12. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    Possibly a whole flask of coffee for each day, to sip while in line!

The good thing about the Hamill panel clashing with the Ahsoka one is that the line for the latter will likely be far shorter.

13. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, Hamill Vs Ahsoka seems to be the biggest clash of the weekend in terms of popular panels.

It's definitely the biggest conflict for me. Mark's panel is the most likely to be streamed online as well and the queue for Ahsoka will likely be less so you can get a little show floor time first (maybe pick up an exclusive or two before it). All logic says that I should see Ahsoka and catch Mark's panel online later, but it's Luke/Joker in person so I know I'll be seeing Mark and hoping someone films the Ahsoka panel!

CaptainRegor likes this.
  14. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    I actually can't decide ... but I reckon both will be filmed in any case!

15. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    - The R1 prop/costume exhibit. I have been recommended to get in line for this right away.
    - Get a couple autographs I don't already have
    - See James Bruton's working BB-8 droid
    - Spot the guys from Tested. (at least... they talked about going to CE3 after Celebration Anaheim.)
    - R1 panel. I expect to get to see one of the live-streams. I don't want to wait in line as much as I did at CE2.

BobaThrowsaFett likes this.
  16. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I'm going for all 3 days and still pondering on options. On Friday, my priorities are the Fantasy Flight Games behind the scenes (should be easy) and then the Rogue One panel. This is probably going to be the event of the convention, and I'm glad to see they have it streaming in two other places. I guess I'll play it by ear on the day whether to go for the live stage or one of the streaming rooms. Obviously I don't want to spend all day in a queue for one panel!

There are more panels on Saturday but nothing that looks like an absolute must. The Lego and Marvel panels look interesting as well as the two art ones.

On Sunday, the essential one to attend is going to be the Future Filmmaker discussion. The expectation for huge news to come out here means that the atmosphere in that room is going to be electric. Thankfully, they're streaming it on the other stages as well.

Last time in 2007 I went for one day and found it to be too crowded and a little poorly organized at times. Hopefully they've learned lessons and expanded the area.

BobaThrowsaFett likes this.
  17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You must have gone on the Saturday - it was incredibly crowded. On the Sunday the air conditioning had packed in and it was crowded and hot.

18. Luke4soph

Luke4soph Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    Ide like to go to the ahsoka pannel but mark is awesome as the joker and he will probaly do him live so i will have to be there to see it

19. redxavier

Jan 23, 2003
    Yes, it was the Saturday. Sunday didn't sound pleasant either! I was really disappointed to find out in the days following that not only had there been more sales on the Sunday, but also heartbroken that many artists had ended up shredding their prints rather than taking them home. The prints were so expensive the day before I had limited myself to just one.

Generally speaking, I'm going to be 'ready' for this one (or as much as you can be for this sort of thing).

20. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014

In that you'll choose which panels you want to attend in advance? That's the most important preparation one can make for conventions!

I'm really hoping to see Bandai's Figuarts on sale at this, for reasonable prices.

21. redxavier

Jan 23, 2003
    Yeah, but also in the sense that I'm going to temper my expectations, be ready for it to be crowded, ok with waiting in line, have the right clothes, and bring some easy food and water etc.

It would surprise me if none of the sellers had Figuarts on offer, but I don't think the prices will be reasonable. However, the best thing though would be the accessibility of them, ie, having them right there to buy versus shipping them over from Japan and running the customs gauntlet. And that sort of conveneince can make it worth paying more. Too bad ANH Luke comes out a week later.

22. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    Ah, mental preparation! Snacks/water/coffee will really help will make the crowds and lines easier to manage for sure.

I'll be on the lookout for Figuarts Maul and Obi-Wan, but will research prices online so I can remain objective. The best scenario is that multiple sellers have them, so they'll compete.

23. Qel

Qel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2007
    Can only go for the Friday unfortunately and my first time going to anything like this. Would like to get to the Mark Hamill and Rogue One panels but also don't want to spend the entire day just queuing for those and not having a chance to see anything else, perhaps I'll just forget going to any panels and look around/shop.

24. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I hope they have Figuarts there too but I don't think the odds are on my side for finding a Stormtrooper for a reasonable price...

SensationalSean likes this.
  25. Krennic

Krennic Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2016
    You should be ok with the rogue one if you don't mind seeing it streamed in another stage