main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Celebration Roll Call

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Cristalia, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    As posted in the Ep.2 Line Planning Thread, the length of the line (in both time and warm bodies) will hinge a great deal on how many people are going to Celebration. So...are you in or out?

Myself, I'm out, as is my beloved Sandwich Boy. *both turn out their pockets, revealing nothing but old TTC transfers, a couple of howling wolves, and middle-aged tumbleweed* So that's two people still at home in T.O..

And you?

Cris~

2. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Probably easiest to count if we just post if we're attending.

Though I haven't confirmed the time off from work for this, I'm going to proceed as if I am going.

Add Tracy and Nina to the list.

That's three.

3. Mori_Fett

Mori_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2001
    I shall be attending.

Cat

4. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm with you too!

That's 5

5. CranieAmidala

CranieAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2001
    I have yet to confirm time off schol and work, but I most likly will be going at celebration II, as well.

6. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Actually Tragic, it might be useful to have a good idea of who's going to be here with regard to ability to start lining at different times.

As for Celebration II I'm not yet certain but in all likelihood I'll be there.

7. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm there, and it appears that i have space in my room if anyone's interested.

8. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    I will be at Celebration as well. Adam and I also possibly have room openings...(splitting cost = good).

9. Pissenlit

Pissenlit Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2001
    I honestly haven't a clue as to whether or not I'm going...a friend of mine in the States may or may not have bought me a ticket...she's not the quickest at replying to e-mails:p

10. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    As long as we're doing roll call, we may as well sort out the rooming situation and work out any carpooling arrangements.

The rooms I've reserved at the Westin as they currently stand are as follows:

Room 1 - Myself, Shmii and Nina
    Room 2 - Ken Kenobi
    Room 3 - Mori_Fett
    Room 4 - Adam and Debbie

I know that Shmii, Nina, myself and Ken are driving down. Do we have a second car in the works? Anyone up for a caravan?

11. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I wanna go, I wanna go However, What happenned to me at work today did put it into a bit of a struggle,.

However, I will go I know it.

so anyone to spare a space in a room???

it cost less if you're too in it.. :)

By the way tragic could you send me the info about the westin, because I'm getting many people who whish to go so I want to reserve a room for myself. however, I plan to do so mentionning your reservation number to get it on your card.. oops did that came out loud.. :)

naah I just want to make sure I might get a room next to you guys.. how much more fun would that be.

regarding what happenned to work today, Please you guys tell me if i'm not a good RSA for you. or if I just piss you off sometimes for that matter.... thanks.

12. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    I've private messaged you Uilmuteiz, though it wasn't really necessary.

TheGrandePoohbah, Lelila, and myself have a spot open, and you're more than welcome to join us, if you'd like.

13. Mori_Fett

Mori_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2001
    I have a room and I don't really mind how many other people want to share. A) I'll get along with anyone. B) How much time will actually be spent in a room.

soo.....any inquiries?

14. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    I wanna go but I think I'll be staying home. That is if i don't end up on a Journey to Texas and the fortold of land known as Mexico.

15. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Thanks Adam, I've answered you, by the way Mori, seems like you will be organizing the room party then .. now won't you.. :)

16. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I see this thread and picture the Long Line as the Van Trap family.

hee hee

17. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    All together now....

Doe, a deer. A female deer.
    Ray, a drop of golden sun......

18. TomServo

TomServo Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2000
    Okay, Tragic... I'll take it from there!

Dough, the stuff that buys me beer
    Ray, the guy that brings the beer
    Me, the guy who drinks the beer
    Far, a long way to the beer
    So, I'll have another beer
    La, la la la la la beer
    Tea? No thanks, I'm having beer
    oh no! I'm out of dough!

:)

19. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    Yeah, I'll debately be needing a room. Of course, I haven't 100% confirmed this yet, but then, what have I ever confirmed?!? ;) Ah well, hope to be there.

20. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    ROFL Servo!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    Update on my status. My transport is confirmed, now I've just got to go order that ticket... looks like at least 99 and 44/100% percent chance I'll be going.

22. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Are you flying then David?

*Do mi mi, mi so so, ray fa fa, la ti ti! When you know the notes to sing, you can sing most anything!*

23. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    Yuppers. They still have the frequent flyer points on file so off I go with them. :)

24. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Darnit. I was hoping you found away to fly like Superman. That would be so cool! Well, as long as it didn't require the wearing of spandex. I would think that that wouldn't keep one warm when flying at high altitudes.

look up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's David Fleming!

Your problem would be is that people have seen you without your glasses, you'd need a more clever and cunning disguise...Maybe, a dark suit with bat-like ears on top the head. That way people would confuse you for Batman and then they wouldn't look for someone who can fly, cause we all know that Batman cannot fly. Except in his Bat-wing, but that's not really him flying.

The Batwing was pretty cool, but it doesn't beat self-propelled flying. Although, I would have done cooler things with the batwing then catch ballons...I mean really! He spends millions of dollars to build and learn to pilot an aircraft and he uses it to capture balloons. That's just insane.

Anyhoo, back to the topic at hand.

If I could fly like David or Superman, than I'd say, hey want some Chinese take-out? Then I'd fly off Manchu Wok and get some chinese...that would be sweet. See, I'd fly to China, but I don't have super speed, so it would take some time to get there and by the time I got back the food would be cold. Thus, not as good as Manchu Wok -- even if the Pork combo contains real BEEF.

Unfortunately, without super speed, I can't reverse the Earth's rotation and find my wallet that I lost. That would have been another very cool thing.

Man, to fly like that would be cool.

I guess I couldn't like start up a taxi business, where I fly people to their distinations, as I don't have super strength.

I think people would pay quite abit to be flown around to their work or to the grocery store.

If I had super hearing, I could listen for the best offer. Example, Person 1 wants to go 10km for $15 but Person 2 wants to go 15km for $16, that clearly is the better deal. I could listen for deals like that. Alas, I don't have super hearing, super strenght, or super flying..or is it just flying...I don't really know.

You know who's insane, the riddler. How threatening is someone who only speaks in riddles? here's a riddle...He or she has 8 wings, but only uses 9 of which to fly to the deli to pick up a vat of sap to server to 200 of his closest associates.
    Who is more threatening than a rat but lacks the necessary fat to crumble a cat?

Crazy.

One time, I jumped off this rough of a jungle gym because I thought I could fly like superman. But when I fell off the jungle gym, I woke up and I was in here.

Don't you try that kids, unless you're Superman or David.

25. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    My head still hurts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.