main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Celebration Roll Call

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Cristalia, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm planning on going to the concert, as is Lelila. A few of our friends from another board are also going.

2. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Well, if you guys are going to the concert then I'm not missing out. Quick! To the Tragicmobile!

3. Mori_Fett

Mori_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2001
    na na na na na na na na na

I'm going. :)

4. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Right, as long as you're not driving. I'm sure that even Batman had a license.

5. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Superman didn't need a license to fly! Booyahh!

I have my passport application filled out + the photos and they are signed by my doctor.

Just need to go to the office now.

Does anyone know when the best time of day to go?

I've heard of very long waits. Is there a way to get it done all in one day?

6. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Best time is to zoom in right as soon as they open the doors in the morning. Check to see what their hours are. Most of them close at five, so if you haven't gone today, probably too late.

Don't leave it past tomorrow, as you'll have to return to the same office you applied at in two weeks time to pick up your completed passport.

7. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Thanks. The one in North York is open from 8-5pm. I'll probably be able to get out after the kids leave for school.

I definitely will go tomorrow -- timing today didn't work out, unfortunately.

Doctors seem to enjoy taking very long lunch breaks.

8. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    "All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go..." No, that's not right... but I will be leaving on a jet plane. I now have my ticket, and my airline tickets are booked! I am now officially not just 99 and 44/100 % sure, I am 100% sure I will be at Celebration, barring any unforeseen oddities, of course.

9. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    [image=http://webhome.idirect.com/~shmi/celebration.jpg]

Are we there yet?

I just got a gander at the exclusive action figure.

It's Jorg/George Lucas. Very cool.

10. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Oh yeah, I went last Wednesday, I believe. The passport will be ready for pick up on the 30th.

11. TopGun2001

TopGun2001 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2001

you don't need a passport to get into the U.S... just your card-sized birth certificate and a government-issued photo ID (ie, your driver's licence or health card)

12. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Yup, but not having a government photo I.D, I thought this would be the best option.

I could have gone for my G1 but I left it too late and the passport was the quickest option.

13. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    just a suggestion here.. but if canadian organize stuff why don' organize alltogether.. let's use canada general for concert and other meetings like that

ps.: I'm planning on attending the concert as well.... alone.. my lonely Jedi heart.. listening to that music... alone.. :*(

as if anyone cared..

bahh Even I don't so :D

14. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    They will be screening Star Wars films at celebration!

TPM & ANH on Friday starting at 8pm
    ESB & ROTJ on Saturday starting at 7pm (which conflicts with the concert &%$^@)

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2002/04/news20020422b.html

15. Mori_Fett

Jul 27, 2001
    *coughbootlegcough*

16. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Mori, you should get that cough looked after, it doesn't sound to healthy -- you don't want to miss celebration, now do you?

17. Mori_Fett

Jul 27, 2001
    No, of course not.

Is anyone planning on going to the FanForce party which has conflicting times with the viewing of TPM, ANH on Friday night?

Or was anyone even planning on going to either of those?

18. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    I don't have a ticket for the party -- didn't seem worthwhile to me, and they seem to be sold out now. I don't know if I'll bother with seeing the movies while I'm there... it's something I can do at home... but it'll depend what everyone else is doing... the fun of a con like this, to me at least, is hanging out with all your friends that are there, and all the folks you meet.

19. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    If the screenings are anything like a good theatre, I'd like to see them.

Though, I wanted to see ESB and Jedi moreso.

I'm pretty much playing things by hear. Have a general idea of what one wants to do, but if something better comes up, switch plans.

20. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    I've just noticed that Celebration has a UPS drop point set up as part of the event. Yep - buy a whole truckload of stuff and whatever doesn't squeeze into the trunk, you can go and arrange to ship it back to yourself.

21. custom_droid

custom_droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    I was wondering if there is a plan for the toronto gang to get together while in indy? i know many folks are sharing rooms and travelling together....but i was wondering if we should have a plan to get together...find Hayden and take him for a decent beer.....(its a thought)

i don't know if you folks noticed but i think the UPS shipment thing is only within the US

22. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    We've a small convoy of cars heading down to Indy together. Most of the group is staying in the block of rooms I reserved at the Westin. I believe that a gathering is in the works for Canadians to meet with one another Thursday evening. Details are in the Canada General Forum. I should head over there myself to brush up on the nitty gritty details.

23. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    The plans, so far, seem to be meet at the Westin lobby at 7:30pm.

24. custom_droid

custom_droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    darn.....i don't get outta work until friday noon then i drive.....any plans to meet up saturday night?

25. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    sure...we can make plans on the fly.

Is there anyway we can all keep intouch there? Any message boards, net access, etc?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.