main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Celebration Roll Call

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Cristalia, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I wanted the hundred post.

I say we should keep in touch for sure.

there should be a board or something where we will probably be able to post up some posters.. like at t-trek

I have a small FRS system that we can use as well

but I only have two... and in that place, I doubt I'll get a free channel out of 14.... :(

and yeah that's it.. I got my cell phone on me. 514-581-JEDI

that's all I guess...

oh yeahs..

I GOT THE HUNDRED POST..

absolutely no goals..and way too tired

2. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I'm trying to negotiate with a guy at work to borrow his walkie talkies so we can keep in touch.

Sure, we can meet up custom droid. Hope to meet you. Are you aware that there is a marathon on Saturday? The parking is going to be impossible so you may have to walk several blocks. The route starts about two blocks from the con and goes to the racetrack. You might want to give yourself some extra time because of detours.

3. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000
    The schedule for the con is up. They think the costume contest is only going to be two hours long. At a Star Wars convention ;) *chuckle*

4. custom_droid

custom_droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    thanks for the heads up on the race.....

I'm actually staying at the holiday inn about 7 miles out of downtown...i had to register late since i wasn't sure if i could book of from work....at least i'm there....i think i'll take a cab into downtown rather then trying to find my way around and pay for parking.....is everyone else staying at the westin?

5. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I was looking at FRS radios and thinking about getting a couple, but they're too expensive for me to justify them I think.

6. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000
    Yes, Custom driod. We booked our hotels rooms together. Most of the Toronto group is staying together. I think Bathory is the exception.
    The Niagara pair have a hotel elsewhere.

The walkie talkies are expensive and I couldn't justify buying them either. However, the guy at work is pretty nice so I'm hoping that if I promise to replace them that he'll let me borrow them. I'll know tomorrow.

7. alex_kung

alex_kung Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    Hmmmm

So I do a quick search for a Sci-Fi fan club in Toronto and turn up nothing. A posting on the T-Trek site doesn't work. I read todays Star and there is thetorontoline.com. It also looks like quite a few people are going down to C2. (my first reason for posting on the TT site)

A bit late for this notice but I will be down there. If you read this drop by the R2 Builders room (Room 212) and say Hi. I'll have my R2 there (if I can get him across the border)

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

8. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Hi Alex -
    What day are you headed down to CII? A batch of us are on our way tomorrow along the byways and highways 'tween here and Indy. If we're lucky we'll be able to make it in time for the Canadian gathering in the Westin at 7:30pm.

Looking forward to seeing your R2.

9. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Well for those of you who haven't left yet, good luck and safe driving/flying. I'd like to meet some of you because I'm hoping to go up there sometime this summer. I'll be at the FF Party and well generally everywhere through C2. I will have a badge or two or 5 (I seem to be accumulating a lot of them) with my FF name on it. So if any of you see me, say hi! :)

10. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

Well everyone i hope you all have the best of times! i wish i could go! take lots of pictures and memorize all the cool details so we can live vicariously through you all when you return! Say hello to R2D2 for me :)See you all in the line! :)

11. alex_kung

alex_kung Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    I am heading out Thursday morning bright and early 6am. I hope to be delayed be for approximately an hour at the border due to R2.

When I get there I have to set up my R2 and the room for Friday. If I am not there either my car broke down or I got turned away at the border :(

Hopefully not since C2 sounds like it is going to be a blast. I wish I could have found you people sooner and joined your caravan down.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.