main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration the Original Was the Best

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by robeno, Apr 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robeno

robeno Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2005
    I didn't get to CIII but remembering the cluster that CII was I'm glad that I didn't. The original Celebration was the best, they realized that they couldn't control the crowd and just decided to make no attempt at it. By the third day if you got into a room you got in that was it, you didn't have to move. The rain was bad but it was bearable.

I don't think I got into two sessions during CII in Indy, it was fun but the sessions are what I came for, I saw Lando and the fan films but that was it... Oh and I bought tickets for the concert. I don't get the "best part for me is being in line??" HUH???

Oh well, didn't go to this one, and right now am pretty glad I didn't. The only way logistically this thing could have worked would have been to have a larger convention center with larger meeting rooms, ie use the freakin dome for the big events, it sits 60K and every body could have seen the main things and been happy, if the dome wouldn't have been good, they could have used the NBA Arena. The store was bad last time to. They should have bought enough of the trinkets for 75% of the people to buy one of a trinket.

The best part though, and showing that GenCon has a sense of humor is the use of Darth Sidious as the press pass, that is good indeed.

Well have fun, at least it's not monsooning like the original Celebration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.