main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration V - August 12-15 2010 in Orlando!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by BFett88, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Yeah:

--Orlando in summer? Stupid.
    --Scheduled between SDCC and D*Con? Stupid.
    --Orlando where you either take the whole family, or don't go? Stupid.

I'm really happy for all of you who were able to go, but I'm still ticked with LFL for picking such a crappy time and place for this one. Hopefully CVI is better.

2. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    28k is more than I thought. Well done!

The time of year wasn't ideal, but I have to say that I enjoyed Orlando and especially the convention center. It's a great location for a con like this. Also, Reed did a remarkable job and this was easily the best run Celebration yet.

I definitely would not mind returning to Orlando, but maybe in March instead of August.

3. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I was very skeptical about it being in Orlando............I was pretty bummed and was like no I'm not going THERE!
    Then we said we'd go, then life happened and we decided not to, then last minute we jumped on the band wagon.

I was acutally pretty surprised, they were so organized and the events were spread out that you never ran into a point that you could barely walk like C2 and C3 were. The trolley was awesome and easy to get around to shopping, attractions, and restaurants, that you never really felt limited to the area.
    Was it hot OMG yes!!! But everything is air conditioned so the hot only lasted so long.... unless your are stupid like Chris and I and walk the streets at noon! I needed a long shower after that! Great memory though.

It was fun to have the attractions there for other things to do in the evening and make more of vacation out of the trip, which we really enjoyed.

Also I thought it would a lot more expensive but we probably spent less (if you would just account for two people) than C2, and C3, on the actual lodging and travel expenses. Obviously it was more money because there are three of us and we decided to the attractions etc.
    I would go back to Orlando for it again but I would hope for cooler time even May would be awesome.

It's hard for me to compare all the different celebrations because each one was a different experience with great memories. C1 I had no idea what I just got myself into.........so I was surprised and awed. C2 was awesome because it was one of the first vacations shane and I had taken together so that made it special. C3 I knew what to expect by then and there was all the hype with the new and last movie, and we took the vactionn with most of all of you so that made it awesome. And CV we are a lot closer to the group so it felt like traveleing with family and we had Abby with us which had chanllenges but I loved seeing her reaction to things, like the first R2 she saw she would jsust yelled D2 D2! She was so excited! Priceless!

4. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Our photos will be on facebook shortly

5. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Heck...I still think they should come back here!!! :) a chance to redeem our city.

6. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    That is so cute!

7. theropod

theropod Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2008
    Put simply. I was more impressed with CV than any previous Celebration - even with seemingly less to promote.
    Orange County Convention Center was a great venue. The connection with Disney was fantastic. Anyone who went but misssed the "Last Tour" should kick themselves. The travel and lodging expenses were much more affordable, and allowed for fans who couldn't afford lodging for a venue such as downtown L.A. to have an affordable and safe hotel nearby. I've always wanted to bring my family to a con, and this was perfect since they had so many options to do other things when they needed a break from the convention center.

I do wish I ran into more RMFF members, but was happy to see those that I did.

8. theropod

theropod Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2008
  9. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I've uploaded the first set of my CV photos here on the RMFF gallery. I have to say, I was impressed with the improved upload speed when I selected the "resize before upload" option.

These aren't all the pictures. Luke will get his own sub-folder once I organize those photos. ;)

10. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Awesome! :D

11. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Say, can Gallery Remote be used with other photo storage locations like photobucket? Or is it specially set up for our website gallery?

12. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    It can only be used with Gallery, unfortunately. Pretty handy tool though, isn't it?

13. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    I'm happy I got to be in so many of your photos. ;)

And I'm surprised I look like I was in such a good mood late Thursday night after the TFN party and waiting for our cab to show up after the late night dinner.

Thanks for posting those, T. Indeed, good times were had by all.

14. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Bummer. :(

Yep. I really like the time it saves by re-sizing my images for me, and before upload. For photobucket, I have to do it all by hand, either manually before upload or on the photobucket page (3 days later, after the large files have finally transferred.

15. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    OK I have finally started uploading pictures from CV

The first round is the Adventures of Luke Skywalker.

http://darthhair.shutterfly.com/pictures/8?eid=112&ref=nf

16. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Your shutterfly looks different than mine? Thanks for sharing the pix DH!

17. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Loved it! I think you might have some competition with Luke for Kim. ;)

18. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I've got a whole bunch of Luke Adventure pictures as well - usually of you guys setting up for your pictures. I've just been too lazy to get around to posting them. :p

19. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    So many pictures, so little time....I still need to upload mine...

20. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    Recommendations on a photo service? Photobucket, shutterfly..etc...anyone ?

21. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    Photobucket is easy but there is a cap on how much you get for free. Shutter fly is cool because you get free pseudo websites for your albums. I havent figured out how to post pics directly from shutter fly

22. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I'd recommend the RMFF gallery if it wasn't currently down.

I use Flickr which is easy and nice to use. Quite popular, too, so all those people cant be wrong. Cons: When you have a free Flickr account, you can upload 2 videos and 100MB worth of photos each calendar month.

We also use Snapfish.com. It has improved a lot over the past few years. Unlimited photos storage, but they ask that you make a purchase once a year.

23. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I definitely like the RmFF gallery. For one thing, the gallery remote program will resize your photos for you prior to upload. Much easier and saves so much time. Plus it is nice to get our pictures in a group location. I didn't know it was down... drats. Well, I will have to wait till it is up to put up the Luke pics. What's the word on te gallery?

For pics that aren't rmff related, I've been using photobucket. It's ok. I'm about half filled on the free space.

I can't wait to see your pictures- let us know when you get them up!

24. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Did we ever receive the items from Dajuan for our group donation to the TFN party?

25. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002