main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bloom, IN CELEBRATION V CONFIRMED!!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by echo-3, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Just a silly short video highlighting C 1-4 and at the end the CV logo saying Summer 10. Nothing more.

2. atataboy

atataboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2005
    With them saying summer of '10 it makes me wonder if its going to really be a summer date, late June onward. I am beginning to get the feeling that they really don't have a location yet.

3. LITO-JEN_VELASHUU

LITO-JEN_VELASHUU Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 21, 2004
    Jen and I looked into getting tickets the day they went on sale (Aug. 2nd)... Then, once we saw the price, we said, "Well...it was a nice thought."

4. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    update from the Forecast.
    Steve Sansweet said he thought it might be a "Late" summer Convention like August and when asked when they would like to make a final announcement , he said by the end of August.

5. atataboy

Apr 10, 2005
    That is interesting. I am not sure about the timing though. There are a lot of late summer cons, Gen-con no less. And from a money perspective, San Diego is only a few weeks before. Well, regardless I look forward to the official announcement. :)

Some of those ticket offerings are a little ridiculous Lito. How much were the ones you were looking at?

6. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    The same could be said for Indy, The Lucas Oil Staduim is about to go bankrupt.

7. atataboy

Apr 10, 2005
    Is it really? I have went on a one month hiatus from listening to news... it was bad for my blood pressure. I heard that the city planning board was out of cash and they were trying to figure out if they should pump more money in or scuttle them. I had no idea that the new Stadium was already in tough financial straights.

Of course, EVERYONE has heard of the shape So Cal is in, which is to be expected with the cost of living out there.

8. LITO-JEN_VELASHUU

Sep 21, 2004
    Around $90 each... Yikes.

9. atataboy

Apr 10, 2005
    Yowzer! Yeah, I think I would probably just be listening to the CDs at home for that price. You know, you wouldn't think we were having economic troubles with prices like that.

10. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Yep , thats what I said this weekend at Comic Con. price were higher on EVERYTHING. Sara picked me up a art print I missed for $20 bucks , she said the same piece was $15.00 last year. GG stuff were running around 30% higher then last year too.

11. atataboy

Apr 10, 2005
    Well eventually they will figure out that people only have so much money, and in fact less of it now than before. But it may be a lesson that some manufacturers won't learn until they close their doors.

12. tainted_crimson

tainted_crimson Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 9, 2006
    Makes me more settled in my decision to try for San Diego Comic-Con next year, rather than C5. It'd be more worth it to me, because I don't follow a lot of the current Star Wars stuff, and SW doesn't really get my chunk of change for merchandise anymore.

Which... Tash and I are considering this. Seriously. Tickets are relatively cheap and usually go on sale in Nov. Something to think about for the con-goers.

13. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    WOW really? Really?

14. atataboy

Apr 10, 2005
    One of these days I WILL go to San Diego comic con as well as Anime Expo. But sadly, by the time I travel that far and pay for accommodations, I might not have much money left for many purchases :)

15. tainted_crimson

Sep 9, 2006
    I always spend a lot of time walking around dealer areas, but I never buy much. For me, SDCC is all about the panels; I'd have killed to be there for the Doctor Who panels this year, and for the chance to see Stan Lee in person. Not to mention the panels for True Blood, Iron Man 2, Dollhouse... Add in the fact that a lot of my favorite stars and creators enjoy just walking the floor and mingling, and I'm so in.

16. Jedi_Narf

Jedi_Narf Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2006
    I will say for myself I'm more impressed with what was available to purchase at comic/Wizard World conventions rather than C3 (perhaps C4 was different). With events like Comic Con and Wizard World you get a much larger gathering of different artists and merchandise because the primary content isn't focused on Star Wars, so in addition to Star Wars content you also have better selections of game/anime/comic related art and merchandise.

However, I will add that I found the panels and other gatherings more interesting at C3. So for shopping only I'd go for a comic/Wizard World convention, but to stick around for other stuff I'd go with Celebration V.

17. tainted_crimson

Sep 9, 2006
    Yepyep. It's still a year away, and arrangements and such can be staggered over time, so it shouldn't be exceedingly hard to manage. Nothing's set in stone yet, but we'll be figuring out big details when tickets can be bought.

18. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Newest intel says that CV will be in South Bend, IN. That's why our forums have been so rockin'.

19. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I like this. o wait ,thats Face Book.

20. atataboy

Apr 10, 2005
    See, then they could set it up like a street fair. I mean you guys have Dyngus Day after all. Surely you could handle a little ole thing like a celebration. :)

21. atataboy

Apr 10, 2005
    It sure it quiet on the CV front.

22. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    If things dont pick up for me with money and the absence of doctor bills soon, I might not be going to CV unless its in Indy or Chicago. CIV I did 80 hrs of OT in 8 weeks so I could go.

23. atataboy

Apr 10, 2005
    The advantage to this one, is that is going to be within driving distance. We will still be able to split rooms. The only real cost other than hotel will be food and acquisitions. Of course, we still have to wait to hear something more about confirmation on location. They have really been dragging this out. I am hoping its not Chicago, from an expense stand point, but whose to say.

24. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    The buzz around the net in the last 24 hrs has been Orlando. Something to do with the Convention center really wanting it to be there. Wich would be a 3rd choice for me because my Brother lives in Orlando and thus would save me a hotel cost.

25. LITO-JEN_VELASHUU

Sep 21, 2004
    Wow...Orlando would be AWESOME. It would allow Jennifer and I the chance to go back to Universal Studios (we stayed there for five days during our honeymoon)!

(crosses fingers)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.