main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration V - Countdown

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baco_Sapan

Baco_Sapan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2010
    This is so Sus-freakin-spenseful! I got 9 days left till the wife and I fly out to Florida and 10 days encounting till Celebration 5! And I still need to wait on some funds to get into my account so I can buy the tickets at the door and for my friend to finish tailoring my wife and I's Jedi Costumes! Ahhh!...I hope everything goes according to plan in time before the convention. Man...I can't wait! :)

I too am also gonna hate it when this thing is over. What makes it worse with Celebration is that this con only goes down once every 2-3 years. So that's a major bummer :( I wish events like this happened once a year...Or once every 2-3 months, lol. But oh well, gotta make it count :)

2. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I think the fact that they're held less often makes them all the more special when they do come around, actually.

3. Grog_StarKiller2

Grog_StarKiller2 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2007
    Almost there....Almost there....

4. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    I actually work close to the airport in Raleigh so every day on my way to work I think "Won't be long before I'm making this drive to actually go to the airport to head to 'Lando." So close now!

5. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    Started packing today. Didn't realize I had so many Star Wars shirts.

6. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Ha! Ditto on that. Just had to pick which ones to wear... when I started packing last week. I know, I have problems. hehe

7. Baco_Sapan

Jun 10, 2010
    That's very true. It does give you something to look forward to and builds up anticipation when they only happen but so much. And if it did go down every few months, it prolly wouldn't be as exciting anymore. But still, every 2-3 years? I mean wow...that's kind of a big gap, lol. Most conventions usually go down once a year. It would be awesome if Celebration could do the same. But at the same time, I understand why that wouldn't be possible. All the events that go down within the convention, all the celeberties they bring in, all the scheduling, it's all very time consuming and so I can understand why it would only go down once every 2 or 3 years. I still wish there was someway it way it could go down at least once a year though :(

I prolly might start packing myself when I get home today from work :D

8. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Wow, I don't think I've ever packed for a trip at any time other than the night before in my life (honeymoon included).

9. welcome2MosEisley

welcome2MosEisley Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2010
    Aren't you kids going to be totally depressed on Monday 8/16?
    Any tips on dealing with this?

10. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    Taking off work Monday the 16th to ease myself back in the routine. Maybe we will have a SW movie marathon all day.

11. KissinDigital

KissinDigital Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2010
    uuurggsdfklsnfsofngvnaUGH

Dude. I mean. I'm afraid to have razors nearby cos I know what kind of funk I'll be in. Okay so it's not really that bad but there is an after con depression, no question. sucks like wut too.

It starts with Emo Sunday when you have to say goodbye to everyone. The lucky ones travel home with at least two other people the entire trip. The worst is when you're staying in a hotel room alone that night and you have to watch everyone else leave. (ugh, the more I think about that the more I might call a friend to come stay or just drive home that night.) Monday. It's like culture shock. You go from being a sardine with people all around all the time to obnoxious emptyness.

The best way to deal with it isn't just having a friend nearby, it's having a bunch of friends around and going where the people are. I ended up going to Disney one time just so I could simply have people around.

It gets much easier after you go back to the normal life. And start planning for the next con. Lucky for me that's ... March. Poo. Christmas then. Think about Christmas. Or Halloween, when you can dress up again. :B

12. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    I am the total opposite. I will be so happy to get away from all the people.

13. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    I'm already staying in Orlando until the 18th so I can spend a couple of days at Disney anyway.:p

14. KissinDigital

Jul 25, 2010
    I know I'm gonna be exhausted but I'm considering going Monday, I really am.

15. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    The official countdown has fallen into the friggin' single digits. :eek:

16. KissinDigital

Jul 25, 2010
    *head essplodey*

17. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Single digits and I now have a place to stay! Woo Hoo.

The only X factor left is seeing if I can get an earlier flight on Friday to at least catch the last hour of the mixer.

18. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    8 days!

Oh yeah, I stayed up this late just to post this. :)

19. Baco_Sapan

Jun 10, 2010
    It's hard to believe that we're already this close. Practically a week away. This is SO EXCITING!!! :D I can't wait. In one week I'll be down in Florida with my wife and in 8 days I'll be at my first Star Wars Celebration. This...is gonna be good. Almost there guys!

20. KissinDigital

Jul 25, 2010
    Lawwwwwwl that's intense excitement there.

I'm annoying my co-workers with "At this time next week.." and "Last wednesday I work till vaca! :cool:"

It's kinda sad cos they're fascinated by the fact that I go to and dress up for cons. *nerd*

21. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I was actually up another 2 hours after I posted this. I had coffee last night that kept me awake [face_hypnotized] Well, at least I know that I have to stop and get that coffee to help me stay awake on the drive down to CV! [face_coffee] (I was awake until 5am last night. [face_tired] )

I can't annoy my co-workers with that. I've been banned. [face_beatup]

But they know how much of a geek I already am. They still are in awe when I dress up in my stormtrooper costume to pass out candy each Halloween at the store. :-B

It was a mistake working me 9:30-1pm next Tuesday... the day that I leave. I'm supposed to be headed down to catch my ride around 4:45pm that day. Meh. [face_devil] They are going to hear it all day. :D

22. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I've done most of my packing. Normally I do it the night before, but I'm leaving on Friday for a weekend away before flying out on Monday. Also my apartment is a total mess after all the sewing, and some relatives are going to stay here while I'm away so I need to concentrate on cleaning tonight and tomorrow.

23. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    I haven't officially packed anything yet (actually still UNpacking since moving a month ago) but I have a box of all of the stuff for CV that I don't want to forget. Just have to eventually transfer that to suitcase and/or backpack.

24. welcome2MosEisley

welcome2MosEisley Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2010
    I'm a closeted SW fan, so none of my coworkers know where I'm going. Don't forget, just like you real estate agent, while some may act like it, coworkers are NOT your friends.

25. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    I should probably do that as well....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.