main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration V - Countdown

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baco_Sapan

Baco_Sapan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2010
    ONE WEEK AWAY!!! :D Only 7 days encounting people!!! :D And only 6 days till me and the wife fly down! AAAAAHHH!!! Excitement! :)

For the most part, I've already finished most of my packing. I just need to get a hold of the top half of my Jedi costume from my friend who's sewing it together and some batteries for our lightsabers and we'll be good to go.

I also had an episode at work where they put me down to come into work next Saturday. I was like "Ummm...newsflash....I put in to have that weekend off months ago". And my boss was like "...Oh sorry...I forgot. I'll fix it." lol. I was like "Yeah, that's right. You BETTER not put me down for that weekend. Cause I'm gonna be MILES away from here!" lol. A few of my co-workers know that I'm going too, but they don't really tease me about it to much though.

2. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    SIX days left :)

3. KissinDigital

KissinDigital Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2010
    Either that's some crazy coffee or you're caffiene lightweight. xDD

I'm trying to get banned so I don't actually have to show up to work. ;D

I got punched for my Halloween costume, that was kinda cool. (It was Flo, the Progressive chick. Scariest thing ever.)

As for working the day of leaving, nope. I'd be switching that shift like it was the plague. Or getting the plague "I can't come in today.... [face_sick] " xDDD

4. KissinDigital

Jul 25, 2010
    Truth. But none of them so far are giving me any crap about it, not that it really matters. I been nerdy long enough to know that if anyone has an issue with it, it's their issue.

5. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I'm a behaviorist and people at work found out why I'm going to Florida this week at at an office party. I got some good natured teasing about it and a lot of people thought it was cool. I have a few SW items on my desk, partly for me and partly for the therapeutic value they have when my clients come in for meetings, so it's pretty well known that I'm a self-professed SW nerd. And very proud of it I might add! Only a week away!!!

6. KingTomatoXIII

KingTomatoXIII Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2010
    Double Truth. You eat what you like, I eat what I like.

Most of everyone at work thinks I'm just going to orlando for any of the reasons people usualy go to orlando. (I've been especially vague) Except one other SW fan here at work that I revealed the truth to.

7. wookieesrus

wookieesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2009
    I'm such an "in the closet SW fan"...nobody except my wife knows what I'm doing. If anyone asks I tell them I'm going to see the Atlas V launch down at the Kennedy Space Center.

It will be nice to actually be around a lot of people that are fans of SW.

8. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    The Friday before we fly out for a Celebration is our "Celebration Shopping Day".

We pick up all the toiletries and such that we need and start the thorough packing process.

9. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    I was just thinking about getting things together today and tomorrow for the trip because this weekend is going to be crazy and I'm flying out first thing Wednesday morning. I like the Celebration Shopping Day idea!

10. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Yeah, I've been doing that in bits and pieces for the past couple of weeks. Not much left that I need. As I buy my supplies they go right in my big cardboard box I've been using to store everything I need to bring with me. Last item on the list is the lens I'm renting that is supposed to show up on Monday. Then I should be ready to pack it all up. So pumped!

11. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    It's some crazy coffee. Iced Cappuccino from a place called Tim Hortons. It's like Dunkin Doughnuts, but a heck of a lot better. It's a company from Canada, and when they merged with Wendy's a long time ago (when Dave Thomas was still alive) they came down to the states. The closest one to me is over an hour and a half away. :( (And the Iced Cappuccino is blended, not

And I can't switch. I work in retail, and I don't work much to begin with. At least I'm only working until 1... she could have put 3 on the schedule, like I wrote in the book, but she didn't. I don't think they wanted to hear my excitement for that long. Plus it is a good thing, I wanted to be on the road at around 5pm to go and catch my ride, and it takes me about a half an hour to get home from work. Then back that same way to get to Columbus. :rolleyes:

I do like that idea, Justin. I'll probably be doing that anyways tomorrow, my mom and sis have to go out and get things for their trip.

Matt, big lens? Lucky you. (Granted it is only a rental.) I want to eventually save up some cash to get one that goes to 500mm for my camera.

12. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm definitely out of the closet. Everybody at work knows why I'm going to Orlando, I've also been sick the last few days and when I got to work today there was a Princess Leia mug and a get well card on my desk.

There aren't many SW-fans around here, so it's the wonderful thing of seeing another fan wherever you turn that I'm really looking forward to.

13. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Actually, other direction...fisheye. Figure it could be fun at an event like this.

14. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    *Starts humming*
    Babadaba... babadabada.... it's the final countdown....

Not long now!

Almost there - stay on target!!

15. KissinDigital

Jul 25, 2010
    I'm sadly too far south to have been graced with Tim's yet (but lucky cos my travel time to get to CV is like. 45 mins. If I take the long way. :B

Yeesh. There are times when working in certain stores appeal to me, and then I come to my senses and hug my office job. xD

Obi Anne:
    Those are some sweet co-workers you have. Hope you're super 110% by next week. <3

16. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    Jar Jar Jedi I LOVE Tim Hortons, it's the only coffee I keep in the house! I stock up every time I'm in Montreal. I just found out there are a few Tim Horton locations about a half hour from me and I'm overdue to make a trip out there to grab some coffee.

17. welcome2MosEisley

welcome2MosEisley Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2010
    I am feeling the love, folks!!! Saturday night is my coming out party at Endor! I'll be the one on the dancefloor surrounded by three chicks an a latino! I can't wait!!!!!

18. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    This is me in a nutshell, except replace "everybody at work" for "EVERYBODY I'VE EVER MET!!!!!!":p

19. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    So I'm logging off in less than 10 minutes, and then I'm on my way!!! I'm not flying out until Monday, but I'm not going to stay at home before that.

20. MajinKaze

MajinKaze Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    Yeah, everyone I know knows what I'm doing in Florida. It doesn't help that I've been announcing the convention for the last few weeks on my radio show......

21. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    BTW gang....5 days left

22. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Today is my last day of work before CV!! I never thought this day would come.

CAN'T WAIT!

23. wookieesrus

wookieesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2009
    I'm outta here in 21 hours...with no computers for 2 weeks!!

24. KissinDigital

Jul 25, 2010
    Still have to work the rest of today, tomorrow, monday & tuesday but things are getting checked off the list. Tonight is Target, tomorrow is getting pics of the facility where the TFN party will be cos I'll (hopefully) be getting to see a good friend do his third (first at this con) dj gig. Sunday is for the salon. :cool:

25. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    GET PUMPED PEOPLE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUZvEewPCao

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.