main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration V - Countdown

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grog_StarKiller2

Grog_StarKiller2 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2007
    All my bags are packed I'm ready to go.. I will load the car and head out Monday around noon from OHIO,will probably stop overnight somewhere around Macon, GA.. Then drive on into Orlando Tuesday afternoon to check in at the Hotel..See you all soon..

Almost There! Almost there!

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I leave for the airport in 1 hour!

3. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    I have two days of work. They won't be long enough, I'm afraid. Not fond of flying; hate that part of traveling.

4. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I don't leave until Wednesday, which means I have gotten maybe 2% of packing done.:p

5. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Got most of my packing done, but I'm still making a couple of things, darnit.

The weather is with us. If there's no storm cooking up in the Atlantic by now it is very, very unlikely that anything could develop to threaten Orlando next weekend.

6. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    :eek: Ohio? Where are you from? I'm from near the Akron area. :)

I've got work tomorrow and Tuesday (9:30-6 Mon, 9:30-1 Tuesday). I still don't know what time I'm "offically" leaving home. I'll hopefully find out tomorrow.

And I'm so not packed yet. Have to get a new air mattress tomorrow after work. [face_plain] (One bed in our room for 4 people. :oops: Needless to say, we need the air mattress.)

And I still don't feel like packing tonight. I'm too tired. [face_tired]

And I think I'm coming down with a cold. :_|

7. KissinDigital

KissinDigital Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2010
    I have 0% of packing done. :cool:

ardavenport Si, and the low that was dumping a little extra rain should be gone tomorrow and we'll back to normal weather* by the event!

* defined by: hot, humid and afternoon thunderstorm.

8. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Can't we just have the wildfire? I'm already used to those!:p

Also, you don't count, as you live in the city.

9. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Okay . . . I've packed and repacked. My hands are shaking right now as I type.

Good morning everyone! Just woke up. I'll be on-line for about an hour then I'll shave (trim my beard), shower, eat, and head off to Bishop International Airport! I'll be arriving in Orlando by 10:45am.
    Boy, does that sound sweet! See you all there. :D [:D] =D= [face_laugh] [face_flag] [face_dancing]

10. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I'm currently sorting through music for the TFN party. Who knew there was so much Star Wars-inspired music out there?

11. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    That's funny Grimby, because I've been doing the same thing, making a playlist for the party to play off my laptop if needed. I figured I'd mix it up a bit so its not Star Wars the entire night, so I've thrown in some danceable stuff like Ke$ha, Lady Gaga, Black Eyed Peas...etc.

12. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Nice! I'm not what you'd consider an authority on dance/party music, so the non-SW stuff will be a welcome addition. Dingo and DieWompRatDie (our designated DJ for the evening) will be supplying a bunch of music as well.

And just so you have an idea of what I'm looking at, I'm currently up to 7 hours worth of Star Wars-inspired music in a variety of genres including rock, hip-hop, techno/trance, and of course disco (:p). This doesn't include any film soundtracks either. Quite a list if I do say so myself.

13. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    This is a very important question, is music from the Holiday Special included?

14. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    ABSOLUTELY NOT

15. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    The threat of non-SW dance music without the promise of the holiday special? This is madness

You should at least play "Good Night, But Not Goodbye" as the final song.

16. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Of course, seeing as it's Celebration, we could always play this song. ;)

17. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    If I question why you picked the one unplayable song, would I get barred from the party for the implications of that statement?

18. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    There are several unplayable songs from the Holiday Special. So yes.

19. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I leave in 72 hrs!

20. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    We should really have an official "signing off for CV" thread before the majority of us fans leave for Orlando, so.....

21. Rogue501st

Rogue501st Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 9, 2010
    3 Days, 2 Hours, 54 Minutes to go! I don't leave home until Thurday morning, but I'll be listenting to the CV coverage on Sirius while driving down I-95. Can't wait! [face_dancing]

22. Baco_Sapan

Baco_Sapan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2010
    Not to stray off topic from what you guys are discussing but...3 days encounting till Celebration V!!! :D Whoo Hooo!!! My wife and I are leaving the day after tommorow to fly down to Florida. I can't wait! See you all there!!!

23. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Just about to start my first of only two work days this week before I fly out on Wednesday!

24. LordStarwalker

LordStarwalker Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2010
    Let's see here:

* 4 Day CV passes - Check
    * Hotel reservation - Check
    * Camping supplies - Check
    * Telescoping poster tube - Check
    * Disney tickets to Last Trip to Endor - Check

Wow we are down to only 03 Days, 00 Hours, 17 Minutes, 33 Seconds to Star Wars Nirvana!!! :eek:

25. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Are they running the music from a laptop or CD's? As for Star Wars music, I bet you got some of that from the music CD I gave you years ago didn't you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.