main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Celebration V in 2009 (Discussion and Updates)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Beanie, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Beanie

Darth_Beanie Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 20, 2008
    Well I am happy to hear that this was discussed at Jedi Con in Germany last weekend.

The reports are that Celebration V will be planned for 2009 and will probably be planned in a Midwest location.

Chicago was a mentioned possibility and I am sur Indianapolis is on peoples' minds also.

Very glad to hear a return trip to L.A. is not going to happen.

So what do you think?

Planning to go?
    Ever been to a Celebration?
    What questions do you have if you have never been?

I myself have gone to Celebration II, III, and IV.

I know a besides myself that Roseanna,Mike, and Jorge have gone to Celebrations.

When news and updates become available we can post links,etc. here and discuss.

Hope we can get a solid date and location on this soon.

Start saving your republic credits.

2. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Wifey starts counting her pennies...

This is fantastic news and a very real possibility for me.

Can't wait for more news to come along!

3. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Interesting to hear that a possible C5 would be moved back to a central location. From what I understood, LFL had a 3-show deal in place with the LACC.

I wonder what company will be in charge of it now that GenCon is no longer involved.

4. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    If it is true that it will be in a Midwest location I will be there for sure especially in Chi-town (my favorite city). I can convince the wife that it would be affordable to do it. Plus we could go visit family and friends before or afterwards.

I was also wondering who would take over for Gencon. Maybe LFL decided to do it themselves. It will be interesting to see what happens with the LACC as well. Maybe that deal was broken after the breakup with Gencon. Who knows.

Jorge

5. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    Celebration V Rumors posted at RebelScum

Celebration 5 Rumors
    Posted by Dustin on March 26, 2008 at 09:43 AM CST:
    Star Wars Action News reported in a recent podcast that Steve Sansweet made several comments at Jedi-Con this past weekend in regards to future Star Wars Celebrations. To further clarify the rumors I went right to the source, Steve Sansweet.

SWAN rumor report: Celebrations will continue after Celebration Japan.

Sansweet: I said we would very much like to continue Celebrations every year somewhere in the world, but we won?t be making any decisions until sometime after Celebration Japan.

SWAN rumor report: Rick McCallum is pushing hard for a Celebration Australia.

Sansweet: I said Rick would love to see a Celebration happen in Australia so we?ll look to see if that is possible.

SWAN rumor report: Celebration Europe II might be in Berlin.

Sansweet: I said we certainly hope to do another Celebration in Europe, and maybe someday we could do Germany. I personally would love to see a Celebration in Berlin.

SWAN rumor report: Celebration 5 is very, very, very likely in 2009, with Chicago the frontrunner as the venue.

Sansweet: We are hoping to do a Celebration in the U.S. next year, and we?ll be looking at Midwest locations like Chicago as well as some further east.

6. OpheliaRedgrave

OpheliaRedgrave Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2004
    When I worked for LFL they really wanted to do a Celebration every other year. I know the GenCon had a lot of probelms with the last 2. Cel 3 being the worst because of the staff and the organization(wait times). They tried to get Las Vegas as the venue for Cel4 but they are booked for 10 years out or something crazy.

I would be sooo happy to go back to a convention not as a volunteer or a staff member. Just to enjoy the show.

If anyone was at Cel3 I was the girl holding the mic for questions during the Lucas pannel.

7. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    I was thiking about volunteering maybe for the next one.

Mike did for CIV and it worked out pretty good.

I didn't get to go to the Lucas panel at CIII. :(

I would of really enjoyed seeing him though. I just wasn't going to wait in line all night before the con.

Plus my girlfriend at the time wasn't a SW fan anyway and would not stand in that line with me considering we stood in line all day for the CIII store our first day of the con.

8. OpheliaRedgrave

Apr 1, 2004
    I never saw the store. I was in that panel room most of the time. Consider me lucky I guess.

Being a girl at conventions is awesome. There aren't lines for the bathroom!! Is your girlfriend a fan now?

If anyone is interested I make custom Vans shoes. I hand paint them with cool stuff. My Darth Maul ones were featured on StarWars.com a few weeks ago. I am sort of busy until the wedding but I have also done Ghost Hunters/TAPS, and will be working on Harry Potter ones too.

9. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    Can you put up the link to those shoes we would love to see them?

10. OpheliaRedgrave

Apr 1, 2004
  11. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    Nice work maybe I will get something from you when you have the time.

We have a Massachusetts Imperial Syndicate myspace page.

I will send you a friend's request from the myself and our fanforce page.

Had trouble sending a friend's request.

Here is our mysapce ( http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=44781567&MyToken=c270ef05-a425-4f0e-9be2-5b3a1556e191) and my personal one ( myspace.com/MohawkElvis )

12. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    those are some nice shoes. very cool looking.

13. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I was what they considered a 'senior volunteer' meaning I wasn't paid for working the show, but I did receive free airfare, hotel, pass and a per diem out in LA. A friend of my family was in a management position with GenCon and she got me the gig. With GenCon getting fired (and sued) by LFL and then filing chapter 11, she left the company. So unfortunately I won't be getting a free ride for CV.

14. OpheliaRedgrave

Apr 1, 2004
    Thanks. I love the Vans. They are fun to do and I make them personal for each person.

Just the thought of another Celebration gives me goosebumps.

15. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Those VANS are sweet!

16. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    Well I have made my first step towards a larger world.

I plan on having by late this year a Imperial Officer and possibly an Imperial Navy uniform and to join the 501st New England Garrison.

I wanted to join awhile back but I am done puttimg it off.

I am hoping to have Stormtrooper armor sometime by early 2009 in time for Celebration V.

17. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Very cool Chris! Make sure you post some pics of both costumes when they're done.

18. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    Well I am going to need alot of help and advice since I don't know really much about costuming.

I hope I can get this going in the next few months or so.

19. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Hey Chris, I'm doing an officer costume too! I plan to finish it over the summer. :) That way I can officially join the 501st, instead of just tagging along. I need to get my stuff submitted to the Rebel Legion too at some point for my Barriss Offee costume.

I really hope I can make the next Celebration, whenever and wherever. I would *love* to go to a Celebration in Australia. I'd have to allow a lot of extra time for regular vacation stuff though. I've wanted to go there for a long, long time...

20. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Add me to the list of people hoping to join the 501st in the near future. I have something big in the works :D and will be keeping you updated as time goes on.

Chris, make sure you check the costuming boards here as well as our 'home away from home'. There are a bunch of 501st members in both places that can help you out.

21. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    Dustin Roberts posted the following about Celebration V:

I read this in our OSWCC Forum from a memeber who attended Dragon Con last week -

"I was at Dragon*Con over the weekend and Steve Sansweet was there. To clear up some rumors:

- No C5 until 2010
    -There are NO "finalist" cities at this point.
    -It looks like C5 will be somewhere from the midwest to the east coast
    -They are looking at Chicago, Indy, Baltimore as well as others. Again, there are no finalist cities
    -No dates have been set
    -No company has been picked to run the con"

22. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Sweet... more time to save up some money!

:)

23. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    That was actually 2 weekends ago. A member over on sandtroopers.com attended the con and Sansweet's talk and pretty much said the exact same thing. She also mentioned that they got to screen the first episode of the Clone Wars.

Unless I can find someone willing to pay my way again ;) I most likely won't be making it if it is held in 2010. The wife and I are taking the kids to Disney in the fall of that year.

24. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I am glad it will be in 2010 at least I will have time to save up. I am hoping that it will be in either Chicago or Minneapolis. I have friends in those areas and I know the area pretty well. Indy would be cool since it would have the small town feel (granted Indy is bigger than Worcester but the major difference is people are nice there compared to MA. lol) Plus I also know my way around Indy having been there numerous times in high school and college. I would say forget FL even though Disney is there and more than one thing could be done that week.

25. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    If it were in Florida between Disney and Celebration V I would have to hitch hike home or sell some blood. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.