main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration V - Orlando, FL Aug 12-15 2010

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by D-Ludicrous, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    I'm a doofus.

I posted in the other string wondering where everyone was.

Nice to see in here that there ARE people excited & enthused about going to CV.

I'm going to try and make it.

May the Force be with us!

Jay Tee Erricck
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com

2. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I'm excited to hear the news. I haven't been keeping a close watch, just checking the boards once in a while. I like the timing. August isn't the optimal time for vacations in Florida but like most have pointed out, inside is air conditioned. Touring the parks can be tough but I've gone lots of times in August and it is manageable. I usually visit Disney and Universal every year so now I can do a combined trip. The new Wizarding World of Harry Potter should be open at Universal and I wanted to check it out. Discount theme park tickets are usually available for convention goers and if I remember correctly they're usually the best rates. I'll want to stay at the Universal & Disney hotels while visiting the parks so I guess I'll wait to see what they offer in the room block for the convention. If I come alone I'll fly. If my son decides to tag along (and bring a friend) then we'll probably end up driving. It's only about an 11 hour drive. We've done it a hundred times and it's not too bad. It's that drive home that always gets to me. Now I need to start socking that money away so I can do it up properly.

3. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Like I said before my family prefers to go to Alaska and Canada in July so CV is out. I am not disappointed about that. I always want to visit Alaska.

Still if the actor who did the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi is going to CV I will get going to Orlando. [face_mischief]

4. dragonmar

dragonmar Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2003
    Looking forward to going even with the heat. Prefer to wait for the hotel room blocks to go up. If its as well run a company as I have heard they will most likely get really good discounts and rooms reserved.

5. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Aw, dang. :oops:

I'm planning on moving out of my parent's house before the end of next year. Paying rent, utilities, and food bills will pretty much eat up whatever I earn. No extras. I'm not too disappointed about not going. I didn't think there was going to be one at all. But Florida in August?
    No. Way. In. Mustafar. [face_not_talking]
    Desert heat I can take, but humidity AND heat? *cue Wicked Witch of the West imitation* I'm melting, melll-tiiing!

6. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    It looks like Dajuan and I are planning on going, although we're in the process of having a house built, so money may be tight. I'm thinking with the Orlando Int'l Airport there will be a much higher concentration of international visitors to this one than in previous celebrations, which I'm all for. :)

7. npgrace

npgrace Jedi Master star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    I'm excited about the news and to finally get a date and location. I last checked the boards and TFN on Monday and no news, so I was pleasently surprised when the news was released. Already got my hotel booked. Only a little over 8 months to go.

8. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Wish I could go... It sucks that I won't be able to go to a Star Wars Celebration or Star Wars gathering for another 10+ years. :(

But I'm glad we finally got the official announcement! The day it was announced there was good news and bad news: good news= CV announced, bad news= no new TCW till January 1st. :p Hope TFN has coverage for CV!

9. Setal_Dorset

Setal_Dorset Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 21, 2006
    well i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i now have to get my clone armor done and officially join the 501st now....that armor has been staring at me in a box for months lol. woooot cant wait to see yall there.

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    :_|ARRRGHH!!!

So dang close to DRAGON*CON....

$$$$$$

*starts plotting*

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Orlando is pretty awesome for me, it is a little bit of a drive (10 hours) but one I've made several times before, so I know the way! :D And it starts 4 days after my birthday so maybe I can convince my fiance to take me for my b-day. (Not that he will be hard to convince, he's a big SW fan too!)

12. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Looks like I'll be going :) now I just have to figure out exactly who all is going with me and figure out where we're staying... [face_thinking]

13. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Well well well... Orlando huh? I'm out of for a little while and every gets delusions of gradure!!! So Pwinkie... whare are your thoughs? Justin? Need I even ask?

14. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Despite being an extremely poor college student, I'm going. I'm not missing the chance, though I'm going to have to be very frugal for the rest of the year (and make lots of money) to really afford it- probably driving or taking a train or bus from New England. And looking for the cheapest motel possible to stay in.

This year, the timing is really great- a week or so after I get back from my research, I can go to a Celebration, finally! And I'll see how many friends I can talk into going with me. Though Orlando in August... eeeek.

15. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I will say, I love the timing of it. It'll be a down time for me at work, when I can afford to take time off, and is shortly before classes start for the friends I'll be going with. :)

16. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    I'd like to thank the people on the Star Wars Celebration V page on Facebook for helping to keep on top of this development. If I had not been informed thanks to them, I would not know of this. I will DEFINITELY be there. I'm just waiting for hotel developments to come to light so I can figure out where I'll be staying.

Johnny Rose

17. tomkluger

tomkluger Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2009
    There is only one thing I love as much as Star Wars and that is my annual holidays to Orlando, wasn't planning on going out next year but after this news the flights and hotel are already booked.

This will be my very first Celebration having had to miss the one in London so really can't wait!!!!

18. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Things I'm hoping for at this Celebration:

Announcement of the Saga release on blu-ray.
    Release of the full prequel soundtracks, properly edited, unlike the terrible TPM rip.
    A sneak peek at the new television show!
    More news on the new SW ride at Disney.
    Lastly in my top five, a big name actor there signing who hasn't done a covention yet, like Natalie Portman.

Other than that, I just hope to pick up some great keepsakes, spend some time in Disney/MGM and to have an amazing time!

Also, maybe I'll get the opportunity to drink with a Wookiee again, like CIV! hehe

19. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Win two passes to CV from....MAXIM!

http://www.maxim.com/movies/the-movie-blog/85484/win-2-free-passes-to-star-wars-celebration-v.html

And for those who bought passes, check out the "Terms and Conditions":

VERY IMPORTANT! If you're picking up your ticket on-site, treat this confirmation as you would a mint condition 1977 Luke Skywalker action figure, a winning lottery ticket, cash, or a regular ticket to Star Wars Celebration. Don't make it into a paper airplane or crumble it up and toss it out. This confirmation page enjoys long walks on the beach, romantic dinners, and playing The Force Unleashed for hours and hours (and hours) until you bring it with you to Star Wars Celebration to get your ticket.

DO NOT DUPLICATE! Each barcoded confirmation can only be scanned ONCE. If for any reason a copy of this confirmation is made, the first confirmation scanned at the event will be honored -- duplicates will not be allowed to enter. Don't even try to get tricky. We have Purge Troopers waiting to respond at a moment's notice, and they're impervious to Jedi Mind Tricks.

20. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    That text as well as the weapons policy gives me the impression that the organizers are pretty fun-going. Hopefully that will translate well into the con as well.

21. Bail-Aquino

Bail-Aquino Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2002
    I was hoping it was Orlando, this is great news!!! It's just a short flight from Puerto Rico and It's almost a home away from home.
    Looking forward to celebrity autographs again and will most likely stay a few days to visit Universal to see the new Harry Potter attractions.
    Hope to see some of you again! [face_dancing]

22. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    [image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/Star%20Wars%20Holiday%20Wallpapers/CV.jpg]

23. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    I just received an email reply to my request for a business partnership for CV. Squee!! I'm so happy!

24. JediXtine

JediXtine Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2006
    Solution: go to C5 instead! DragonCon is every year, Celebrations are not!

25. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    I've learned from someone on the Rebelscum boards that the con is going to be in the West Concourse only, not the entire complex. He had emailed Reed about that and they got back very quickly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.