main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration V - Orlando, FL Aug 12-15 2010

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by D-Ludicrous, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    That looks like a pretty huge building so that should be cool. I guess they could spill over to the over building if they need it, but I like the idea of not having to run between buildings for different events/sessions.

2. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Anybody in the U.S. who has already ordered their badge, help me out here. I see on the site to order, there's a checkbox for delivery via UPS. What happens if I don't check that box? Does that mean they'll send it regular mail, or would I have to pick it up at the con? I live in an apartment building and I've had problems with UPS deliveries in the past, so I'd like to avoid them if at all possible. Thank you!

3. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I believe if you don't check the UPS box, it'll be sent USPS (regular mail). The only time you pick it up at the con is if you order it after July 11th. Any tickets bought after that will be at Will Call, and at-the-door tickets will cost more.

4. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    This will be my first Celebration, what I'd like to know is there such a thing as 'VIP' or 'gold' passes? Some cons offer for an extra price badges that get you better seating, special swag or shorter line waits. Has anyone been a business partner at a past Celebrations that awarded them extras?

5. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    In the past, Hyperspace members got the bonuses (early entry, Fan Club lounge, exclusive sessions, etc.). This time there are going to be VIP passes, but the details of those have not yet been announced. They say they'll be announced early 2010.

Sansweet mentions it here: http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Steve_Sansweet_On_Celebration_V_128041.asp

6. mrsvos

Nov 18, 2005
    Thanks MattDoc! I will spend the extra for the passes since I only have to drive 45 mins. to Orlando. Even with the free admission for my potential business partnership - I'm there!

7. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    So, am I the only one who's just salivating right now waiting for more info about the show? I know we have a long way to go until August, but I'm hoping that as more info trickles in over the next several months it will at least give us things to talk about as we all plan our trips.

I hate that there is nothing really to talk about right now. I can't wait until the first speakers and celebs are announced...the details of the VIP tickets are released...after-hours events get planned...product exclusives are released. It's going to be so exciting!

Sorry...I'll calm down now. Just really excited.

8. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    It will probably take quite some time until we get that kind of info, they were very late for things like that for CIV.

9. Doll

Doll Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2009
    Why does everything cool seem to happen in AUG? :(

10. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I was at LFL's store last week buying some gifts, and found out about some CV merchandise in the works! Sadly, I can't say anything, especially with this being a public forum.

11. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    Whoa! Wait! Back up! There's a LFL store?

12. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Yup! One at Skywalker Ranch & one at ILM/LucasArts.

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I plan on attending- looking forward to seeing some of "the Fig crew" again.

Now all I have to do is finish my C4 documentary before C5 happens ;)

14. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    Ah, I see. Knew about those. Thought there was something else. I actually do have a Skywalker Ranch hat that a friend got for me when he was lucky enough to visit the ranch many years ago.

15. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    [face_dancing]

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Speaking of which, somebody had camera footage of the Senate "Mod Pod" at that other hotel the last night with the songs and such- who was that? I'd like to get a copy of that footage (as well as anyone who has good copies of any of the Tv news reports on the scene at the center during the bomb scare at opening ceremonies...should make an amusing juztoposition against people singing "celebrate good times" ;) ).

17. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Maybe Kadingo? I'm not sure.

(My memories of the Bonaventure are fuzzy. :p )

18. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    No, it was JadeSolo that had the video camera. I just had my still camera.

19. Jedi_Master_Kat

Jedi_Master_Kat Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2002
    WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!

I will admit I cried when I heard the news. I live in Orlando and will FINALLY be able to attend Celebration.

For anyone worrying, hospitality wise we start slowing down in August, it won't be as crowded.

I'm also glad Star Tours won't be down until October. Closing out Celebration with a trip to Disney Hollywood Studios will be perfect.

**Kat

20. jedicatfish

jedicatfish Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2009
    yeah im hyped too being a floridian...didnt think about star tours, hell, ill have to make a trip over there too i think!

21. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Well, looks more likely than not that Maulfly and I will be going thanks in part to one of the Christmas gifts my folks gave us; we each got a check from them (I really hate it when they do that, especially considering the $$ amount) and that will be going towards the trip.

I actually find myself gettiing more excited to be going back to DisneyWorld, but then again I'm just a big kid at heart. :p

22. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    Oh yeah "the Fig Crew" is back and ready to party once more. LOL I am hoping to catch up with everyone again. :D

23. jedimomtosith

jedimomtosith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2009
    For xmas I got tickets to the CV! I'm so happy. I've never been do to school, and family. I've been going to Comicon every year for awhile. That's been really cool but I'm really looking forward to CV! I'm staying at the Disney Fort Wilderness in my 45 foot RV. But also got 2 rooms next to convention. It doesn't take much to make me happy anything SW and now these tickets! Anyone, coming from the north/east?

24. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    I wish the organizers would hurry up and give us something more to talk about! I want to keep talking about and planning for this but when there's no new news, it's kind of hard.

25. mrsvos

Nov 18, 2005
    As far as the heat... it will be hard to remember me standing in snow in central Fla. yesterday, come August:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.