main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA CELEBRATION V - Orlando, FL - August 12-15, 2010

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AboutaSith, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    "LUCASFILM AND REED EXHIBITIONS ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE STAR WARS? CELEBRATION V

Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back,
    Massive Fan Event will Take Place in Orlando, Florida August 12-15, 2010;
    Registration Will Go Live Thursday, December 10

Norwalk, CT, December 3, 2009: Commemorating the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back and the ongoing, weekly adventures of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Reed Exhibitions? PopGroup will partner to produce what?s expected to be one of the largest official Star Wars fan events ever ? featuring cast and crew celebrities, fan-run events, costumes, music, live entertainment, screenings, autographs, collectibles, panels and sneak peaks into the future of Star Wars.

Star Wars Celebration V will take place August 12-15, 2010, at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. A website, www.starwarscelebration.com, is dedicated exclusively to the event, and tickets to Star Wars Celebration V will be available for purchase online starting Thursday, Dec. 10. As always, Celebration will bring together the best of the Star Wars universe in one exciting, dynamic event.

Lucasfilm Ltd launched Star Wars Celebrations in 1999. Since then, the official Star Wars ?parties? have become mega events, attracting tens of thousands of loyal and devoted fans and families. To date, there have been four Star Wars Celebrations in America, as well as a Star Wars Celebration Europe (2007) and Star Wars Celebration Japan (2008). Star Wars Celebration V will be the first Star Wars Celebration produced jointly with Reed PopGroup, which is responsible for the successful New York Comic Con, the new Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo (C2E2) and more.

?We?re going to have a blast commemorating the 30th anniversary of fan-favorite The Empire Strikes Back as we welcome an entire new generation of fans watching our animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars,? said Steve Sansweet, Lucasfilm?s head of Fan Relations. ?There?s no doubt that Star Wars Celebration V in Orlando will be the ?must attend? event for Star Wars fans of all ages and from all parts of the galaxy,? he added. ?We?re also very excited to launch our partnership with Reed PopGroup, which has shown great expertise in running large, fun-filled events that satisfy fans, show participants, and exhibitors. We?re expecting the biggest and best Celebration to date.?

?This is an enormously exciting undertaking and a natural partnership,? said Lance Fensterman, Vice President of Reed PopGroup. ?Star Wars is arguably the strongest brand in the pop culture world, while Reed PopGroup has established itself as a leader in creating amazing experiences for fans and customers. Additionally, Reed Exhibitions has a strong international presence and is able to create world-class events globally,? he added ?We look forward to providing first-rate organizational and programming expertise for a fan-based event that is well established and already attracts an enormous audience. In tandem with Lucasfilm, I?m certain that Star Wars Celebration V will be bigger and better than ever. We look forward to many years of working with Lucasfilm.?

Star Wars Celebration is the official Lucasfilm convention celebrating all things Star Wars. The Celebrations are the biggest Star Wars events held, allowing friends and families to gather to have fun and celebrate their love of the Saga. From fans who first experienced A New Hope in theaters to kids just discovering Star Wars through Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Celebration touches on anything and everything connected with that galaxy far, far away. The producers promise more interactive events than ever at Celebration V. Celebrity guests will sign in the Star Wars Celebration Autograph area as well as make presentations. The annual Star Wars Fan Movie Challenge prizes will be awarded and there will be a chance for budding filmmakers to get tips from more experienced ones. Star Wars Celebration V will feature scores of crowd-pleasing events that can be found only at an o

2. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Bummer, FL is close to the bottom of the list of states i wanna visit. I'm passing on this one.

I hope to make use of Official Pix to mail in my pieces to get autographed though.

3. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Thanks for the info, Stuart! As much as I'd LOVE to go, it's not in the cards for me... not unless I win the lottery... and I'd have to play to do that!

I'm still hoping to get tickets for Comic-Con, though.

4. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    ROAD TRIP, ORLANDO! I hope we are going to this. Our last road trip to Indy was so much fun, and a lot less in the gas mileage. We are going to start saving now. I am sooo excited.

5. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Ew, Florida in August? No thanks. Are they totally insane? I'll stick to Comic-Con, thank you. Tried and true!

6. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    GOOD GREIF! Took 'em long enough!

Orlando in August???? Yes, they are definately insane. No way I'm going, even if I did have the money.

7. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    It's in Orange County!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!

OH WAIT. [face_frustrated]

8. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
  9. Jendi

Jendi Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 24, 2008
    I think I am the only one excited about CV being in Orlando, FL. I can swing around and visit my sister, get my family to come down and kill 2 birds with one stone-Family Reunion. I am going to try my best to go. I will be there in February 2010 for a conference for work. I hope the Harry Potter section will be done.

10. Darth_Al

Darth_Al Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2009
    I have thrown out a hail mary pass to the organizer of CV about participating in a panel similar to the one I did in Pasadena about using SW as a way for libraries and educators to reach at-risk and reluctant readers by using the force. And yes of course if this somehow pans through I will be taking and spreading the word of the IEFF with me:)

11. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    It doesn't matter to me where it is, I love to go!! Finances just won't allow it. I hope some of you do get to attend, have an amazing time and bring back swag!!

12. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006

If you end up going, did you say you'd be more than happy to run a shopping errand for me and buy me some C-V swag. Hat, t-shirt and stuff from their store. Wow, what a great person you are...thanks so much![face_laugh] [:D]

13. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm more excited for Harry Potter World than I am for the actual convention. [face_laugh]

14. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    George Lucas just got announced to be at CV!

Big announcement to come?

Star Wars TV series update? 3D releases? New trilogy by different director/writers?

15. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    I saw this and ofcourse almost fell out of my seat...wow wee wow wee. This is the Program Guide for CV. You can order it as well as a few select shirts. Ofcourse you have to go to CV and pick it up as it'll be waiting for you there. Anyways enjoy the pics :)

[image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/EnlargedCommGuide.jpg]

[image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/UnisexEnlargedWeb.jpg]

[image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/christrevas.jpg]
    This was from an artist whose going to be there...one word -----> Awesome

16. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    Two out of three won't be bad. We'll see...soon.

17. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Mark Hammill to be at C-V...that's awesome! I've got stuff to get signed and I'm not there to get them signed :oops: [face_laugh]

18. Darth_Al

Mar 21, 2009
    Alright gang...I head out on Tuesday for the big shindig. Will try to post all the info I stumble across while stimultanously loading up on all the swag I can for Mike!

19. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Take lots of pics as we here back on the home front would love to seem them, as we get to live the event through you :D

I'll get with you with the stuff you hopefully were able to order for me. Call or text me if you think I may be interested in anything else while you're there --->(hat, magnet, lanyard, etc.) and I'll get with you when you get back. I'll buy you lunch for your troubles[face_laugh]

SWAG...nothing else needed to say on that one.

Make sure to find the folks who have the X Wing set up...you can't miss it! Would be super cool to have that at the next Star Wars Day at the library! These were from C-IV:

[image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/Temp%20Pics/SW30187.jpg]
    [image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/Temp%20Pics/SW30613.jpg]
    [image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/Temp%20Pics/SW30190.jpg]
    [image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/Temp%20Pics/SW30185.jpg]
    [image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/Temp%20Pics/SW30192.jpg]

20. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    We hope you have a great time at CV, Allen. If you see Road Squadron there, say hi from Bill and myself, and thank you ahead of time.

21. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    A few items from CV

[image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/Temp%20Pics/prec5-map-Exhibitors.jpg]
    Here's the floor layout for the event

[image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/Temp%20Pics/disney_starspeeder.jpg]
    This is the limited edition Starspeeder 1000 thats coming to Disneyland. Notice the CV logo on the box! I was lucky enough to grab a couple of the regular ones with the Starspeeder they've got now before they sold out of them. Now if I could get my hands on one of these bad boys...oh yeah!

[image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/Temp%20Pics/tween_c5.jpg]
    Bill + Sandy, this is for you two. This is such an awesome print! I love the snow and coolness of it all.

22. Darth_Al

Mar 21, 2009
    My first C5 update as promised. Well first off it as humid as all get out here in Orlando (Thank God the convention is entirely indoors!). The day started off great with Anthony Daniels personally coming down to take a few pics and shake a few hands amongst the thousands waiting in line. Way cool of him to do it. From there it was making a bee line to the celebration store to see how many exclusives my credit card and hands could hold. Strolling around the exhibitors floor I ran into old friends like obi-shawn and Randy Martinez, made some nice contacts with the people at Penguin and Scholastic books for next year's Star Wars day, and had some fun photo ops with Wampas and Leias.
    Big news out of C5 today was that Disney's Star Tours relaunch will be set time-wise between the prequels and original trilogy. It will also include stops on Endor, Bespin, and Alderaan.
    Anyway,as the lone IEFF representative at C5 I will try to report back on this thread as much as possible to keep you all posted. Wish you could all be right here with me-Allen

23. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Awesome reporting Allen...I think I speak for all of us here back home that we're all very jealous of you right now and we wish we were there as well! :D

Stay safe and have fun![face_dancing]

24. Darth_Al

Mar 21, 2009
    Brief rundown of C5 proceedings today as I am going to hit it early tonight because I have to be at the convention center by 5am tomorrow to try and get in to the Lucas/Jon Stewart Panel.
    Today was another packed one. Started off by catching a performance of the Star Wars One Man Trilogy which I highly recommend if you haven't yet seen it. Over 6 hours of film done by one man in one hour...most impressive. I then wandered the floor awhile taking a ton of pics for next years library event. Took a ton of shots of everyone from a formally dressed sand person to our old friend Kyle Newman holding up an oversized RC library card that we may use as part of a slide show at next years event. After that I had an overpriced and tasteless lunch of convention food (we've all been there so I'll spare you the details). Ended the day by catching some droid racing, a SW trivia contest hosted by elvis stormtrooper, and a panel debating the merits of the prequels featuring Kyle Newman...anyway if I manage to get into the Lucas panel tomorrow look for a full rundown in this very spot...til then may the force be with you-Allen

25. LordMarduk

LordMarduk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2007
    Darth_Al can you get any extra of those death star-orange's it looks like a little fan?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.