main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY CELEBRATION V planning thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthZannah, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthZannah

DarthZannah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2008
    Hi gang! Instead of going threw old posts in search of our other CV planning thread, I'm going to begin a new one. I have an update for you all here.

For those who are interested in sharing a rental vehicle:

Appo has been out on recon, and has gathered some pretty important Intel on rentals. He has gathered Intel on seating/luggage accommodations, gas, costs, etc...

He has been looking for over a week at different sites, and has some information that he will literally bring with him to "the table", at our next Meet and Eat.

We have a little time before anyone needs to commitment for this. Everyone still has a little while to think about it, and an opportunity to decide if they want to still do this, or can afford the shared carpool expense.

Again, there is a little time yet before anyone has to commit one way or the other. The pressure is not on to decide yet, as this is still in very early planning stages.

Also, no one is expected to do this, as Appo and I can always rent something smaller if everyone decides it is not what they want, or simply can not do.

If you?re a member of the "Galactic Alliance", and intending to, or are interested in sharing auto rental expenses, or even carpooling, please try and be at our next Meet and Eat on Monday May 10th. [face_dancing]

ATTENTION: Lord Nocuturnus and Master Jai-Rew, we need to get together and soon, about room costs, accommodations, and such.

Details of our rental/carpooling plans will be posted here, following our May Meet and Eat. [face_batting]

2. BulbousFreak

BulbousFreak Jedi Knight star 1

May 17, 2007
    We are definitely interested in whatever group travel arrangements are ultimately made. I probably can't be at the meet and eat, not sure yet as to 11's presence.

3. Cungr_Vanck

Cungr_Vanck Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2008
    Brooke and I may be interested in joining the caravan as passengers. Would be cheaper than flying and money is about the only thing holding us back right now.

4. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    My vacation for that week is approved and I have someone who said they'd cover for me for that weekend so things are looking good for me.

5. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    O.K... here is the list (as I am aware) of people going to Celebration from our Alliance group:

Appo
    Zannah
    Cungr
    Cognus
    Mika
    Jai-Rew
    Nocturnus

Eleven
    Bulbous
    Jammies
    Farad

That makes 11 of us. The SUV will hold 7. We could always rent another vehicle from the same place. One in our name and one in someone elses name. Appo and I will rent the SUV, and someone else can rent a car. The car would hold the other four people that the SUV will not. Whomever rode in the car could share expenses in the same manor as those of us are with the SUV.

Appo and I will rent the SUV, is there anyone who would volunteer to rent a car? Another SUV would make more room, however the expense for one group would exceed the expense of the other. One would have 6 riders, the other only 5. If Miss Mika goes, then that would even things up nicely... and two SUV's would make since. I hope that "I'm" making sense here. LOL!

Is Miss Mika going? We have enough people, would someone be willing to rent the other vehicle? [face_batting]

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Is it a van or an SUV? You had called it a van before...just checking.

Mrs jedimika is still up in the air. She wants to go but she doesn't know her schedule yet and if she can't join us for the whole time she may fly.

7. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    IMPORTANT UPDATE: New recon has recovered more Intel...

Master Jai-Rew spoke of renting a Van threw his work at the Meet and Eat. He sent me an e-mail this morning, and he is checking into it.. so far, the info he sent me looks really good. I'm not sure how may people it holds, but he said it was unlimited mileage, and the price looked good. He wasn't absolutely sure on anything yet, and was waiting for some kind of confirmation. He will get back with us about it soon.

If the Van that Master Jai-Rew is looking into will hold all of us, we'll simply go with the "one" van.

Further, Appo had originally found an SUV, with unlimited mileage, that would hold 7 people.

BUT... with as many as we have going, he is also, now looking into a larger van that can carry all of us.

Depending on how the efforts of Master Jai-Rew and Appo pan out, will depend on if we can get a single van, or go back with two vehicles. If we can get everyone in one vehicle, it would be awesome! Talk about fun! Hang in there just a little while longer, folks... we're working on it.

8. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    Newer update: Just received another mail from Jai-Rew, the van rental threw his work is out of the running. They cited concerns about liability. It's all good, and thank you for the effort Master Jai-Rew.. [:D] Appo will get back with us on the other Van idea, and we will take it from there. [face_batting]

9. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    There are lots of activities to plan for as well so here are a couple of items...

Don't forget to check in from time to time for the latest on CV on the CV discussion boards over at
    http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10611

As you can see Saturday night there are a couple of events to choose from. The first is the Fan Force get together/mixer. Details TBA but I imagine this will be a ticketed event to pay for the meeting place and any extras. The second is the "Last Tour to Endor" special Star Tours party at Disney complete with fireworks. As a bonus you can wear your Star Wars costumes in a Disney Park. Tickets are $75.

The Disney thing appeals to me as I've never been and going on rides in costumes sounds like a blast but I also wouldn't mind a more low key (and cheaper) party. Either way I'm sure I'll be disatisfied. If I do the Fan Force party I'll worry I'm missing something at Disney. If I do Disney I'll worry I'm missing something at the FF party. Ah well. I guess I'll just do whatever the majority of us want to do.

10. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    Hi Gang! O.K... here is the best deal we've come up with. We can rent a 12 passenger Van from 2:00pm. on August 10th threw 2:00pm. on August 17th, with Thrifty Car Rental.

The cost will be 967.00. That includes the cost of rental plus insurance, and it also has unlimited mileage. The van gets anywhere from 12 to 15 miles per gallon. After Appo did the math for gas at 3.00 per gallon, it came out to 426.00 for gas for the round trip.

The total cost for the Van plus gas for round trip, winds up being: 1,393.00

When that number is divided by 12 people, it comes out to 117.00 "per person" for a round trip.

If we wind up with only 10 people riding, it equals 140.00 "per person" round trip.

The van is very cramped, and luggage space is even more cramped. (horridly so) BUT... we received a phone call from Nocturnus, just a short while ago, and he offered up his SUV for a second vehicle. It is a very nice ride, and would be just what we need to lesson our cramping problem.

What we can do, is add the cost of his gas onto the total cost of the rental van, and we would have a couple of extra seats, plus the benefit of "lots" more luggage room. Cramping problem solved, and we do not need to rent another vehicle... major expense, even for a mid sized car, it was going to run another 500.00 plus insurance.

Appo figured his gas at around 300.00, bringing the total cost for us all at: 1,700.00

Now... breaking this all down, with two vehicles, it comes out to:

12 people riding = 142.00 "per person" for the round trip.
    10 people riding = 170.00 "per person" for the round trip.

I don't think it gets any better than this. Worst case scenario, is we pay 170.00 per person to get there and back. What say all of you? Appo and I love this deal ourselves, and we "all" get to ride together in two separate vehicles. I need a yay or nay from everyone who thinks they may be going. Appo and I make two "yays". [face_batting]

11. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    Thank you Jai-Rew-Sett for looking into that for us! And DarthNocturnus for offering your SUV! You guys rock!!!

And thank you so much Zannah and Appo for all the time and effort you?ve been putting into figuring out the transportation for everyone! It is really appreciated, and I want you to know that.

Mika-- Even though I?ve ridden on Star Tours probably over twenty times8-}, Disney always goes above and beyond for events like this (remind me to tell you an exciting story sometime). Just the building and area where you wait to get on the ride are out of this world. I would totally choose to do the Star Tours thing, but money is also a concern for us, so we?ll have to think about it more.

12. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    You have another 2 very enthusiastic "YAYS" from us!!!

13. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Yah! I want to thank Zannah and Appo for all their work in this. Kudos to Jai Ru and Nocturnous and whomever else has a hard to spell name that helped out Zannah.

It really is a good deal yall.

Jammies

14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I'll go ahead and commit to buying in one share even if I end up driving. It's just too early to say with Mrs. jedimika not knowing her schedule but I'll pay for one spot regardless.

Don't forget Mr. Knight-Star down in Chattanooga may want to buy in.

15. Jai-Rew-Sett

Jai-Rew-Sett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2008
    U guys are welcome, I do what I can. It is a BIG Yay for me as well. "This is where the fun begins"

16. Cungr_Vanck

Cungr_Vanck Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2008
    Thanks for all the work Zannah, Appo, and Jai-Rew! It is most appreciated!

Put down two more "yays" for Brooke and I.

I will admit to being a bit concerned about the cramped fit in the van though. Costumes take up a bunch of space all their own and we will be packing those in addition to our regular clothes. My advice for those who have large items that cannot be folded would be to ship the items UPS to the hotel. Of course, check with the hotel first, but during Celebration IV I shipped my Rebel Trooper helmet, gun, and some accessories. It was costly as I didn't do it ahead of time, but it was one large box/bag that I did not have to carry. Just my two cents.

Very tempted to go ot the final Star Tours ride...but we will see how the money goes...

17. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    O.K then, we will book the van today.

And lets see here.. first, the Disney Land thing... I have to wait till we get down there to make up my mind.. it sounds "very" tempting, and we're leaning towards doing that.. (not only have I never been to Disney Land, but they are doing the Star Wars thing too) BUT... I've also never attended a Star Wars Convention... OH THE PAIN!!! [face_beatup] [face_laugh] I wonder if we can slip to Kamino so I can get cloned real quick... talk about fast growth hormones! I'm going to need at least three of me! I'll have to wait, and make the decision when we get down there. Thanks for the alert about that Mika... gives us time to ponder it.

About the cramped quarters issue.... It has been solved by Nocturnus offering to also drive his SUV. We now have plenty of luggage and people space. No need to fly costumes or armor down ahead of time. That leaves people with more cash.

And last but not least, I spoke to Lord Draconis Kight-Star last evening on the phone, and he has made plans to drive to Orlando with a friend of his. They plan on leaving for Orlando at 9:00pm. on the evening of the 10th. Our departure is scheduled for 3:00am. on the morning of the 11th. They'll have about an 6 hour start on us.

O.K... The transportation issues are solved! [face_dancing]

The next planning stage has begun.

We would like to have every ones share of funds towards the rental van and gas, the week before the departure date. That way we can pay cash for the Van.

So far as organization for actual departure:
    That will involve getting everyone at our house (early) in the evening of the 10th, so we can load the Van and the SUV... or if peoples schedules are conflicted, you can bring your luggage earlier in the week, and we can have it here to load. After loading, we will eat some pizza for supper, get everyone bedded down, etc,etc.. then rise and shine around 2:00am, to leave by 3:00am. I advise everyone to take showers before arriving at our home, as I'm sure both of our bathrooms will be very busy the morning of departure.

Guys.... this is going very smoothly, and we still have three months to think about anything we may need to consider. Jai-Rew is right... THIS IS WHERE THE FUN BEGINS!!! [face_dancing]

I dare say, our groups Celebration V has already begun! [face_batting]

18. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    THE VAN IS BOOKED, WE HAVE OUR TICKETS FOR THE CON, AND OUR ROOM IS BOOKED!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

=P~ [face_dancing] 8-}....... O.K.... [face_batting]

19. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Yea! I must hook up with you guys wile there if only for a drink.
    Im staying at the Hampton Inn on Thurs,Fri,Sat.

Eric

20. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    You bet Echo! Are you planning on the FanForce party or Disney Saturday night?

Also, for those planning on going to Disney in costume Saturday night...
    (copied from the Rebel Legion Boards)

"Well indeed costumes ARE encouraged. But since the hard ticket party does not officially start until 8pm yet people are allowed in at 4pm, the standard costume rules apply from 4-8pm

No FACE COVERING MASKS! from 4pm-8pm because there are people in the park then who are normal Disney goers. So in order to not confuse those members on who is there for the party and who is a Disney employee, no face covering costumes during that time.

After those people have to leave, at 8pm, any costume is allowed. "

Just thought I'd put that out there in case any of our future Mandos were thinking about this event.

Okay...another event to plan for I had to keep under my hat is the 501st bash Friday night. At first it was only for 501st/RL/Mando/Droid Builder members but the 501st has opened it up to other groups now. Please see the thread here...
    http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_star_wars_celebration_v/b10611/30933893/p1/?12

I already have my tickets to this. Should be a nice night even though you're not allowed to geek out on or take pics of the celebrities but I can understand. This is an event for them to unwind at and enjoy as well.

21. Jai-Rew-Sett

Jai-Rew-Sett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2008
    Good find mika! I might be up for this...

22. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Yes, I will be at the TFN party Saturday night. :)

23. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    I just ordered tickets to the 501st bash.... oh yea... gotta do that one alright. It looks like it's one of the main events going on. Lots of celebs will there there. Entry tickets are very reasonable.. only 21.00 per person in advance. They'll have a bar set up too, with lots of specialty drinks. The drink prices are also very reasonable, much cheaper than you would pay out in a regular bar. This is our first Celebration... and we're going to do it up right. Thanks for this heads up Mika, oh yea, thank you very much! [:D] [face_batting]

24. DarthNocturnus

DarthNocturnus Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2010
    I too just ordered tickets to the 501st bash! I could not pass this one up! Thanks for the find Mika! This looks like it is going to be fun!! [face_dancing] I'm not sure which of the other two events I will attend. I guess it all depends on what everyone else wants to do and how much cash I have. LOL! I'm prolly leaning toward the Fanforce event, but it would be nice to go to the Disney one since I have never been to one of their themeparks.

25. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey , all the info for the TFN party is up. Check it out and see you there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.