main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY CELEBRATION V planning thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthZannah, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Good luck geting that costume ready in time for CV
    Let me know if you need any pointers

2. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    There is a preliminary CV schedule up now for download. Still lots of empty slots to be filled in.

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/en/Events/Schedule/

Note: Because of the Disney conflict the Saturday night TFN party has been moved to Thursday night. I'm still not going to the Disney Star Tours though.

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/TFN_CV_Party_Date_Change_132573.asp

Also note if you did not get tickets to the 501st Bash Friday night it looks like there is a "Fan Mixer" on the Friday night Celebration convention center schedule. Might be a nice alternative.

3. DarthZannah

DarthZannah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2008
    Thanks Mika, I'm going to cross post to TDE. Ya know, we jut might go to Disney, depends on how blown out we are by Saturday night. We might need the rest... but then again, it is Celebration, and there is plenty of time to rest in the afterlife. LOL!! [face_batting]

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Looking at the schedule...some random thoughts...

The ?Star Wars? speed dating has Jammies? name written all over it?as does the trivia contest I think.

Zannah needs to get hooked up with the ?Star Wars Stories? crew and relate her ESB story for the Lucasfilm archives.
    http://www.starwarscelebration.com/en/Events/My-Star-Wars-Story/

I wonder what the ?Hoth Ice Bar? is. Maybe the usual convention center bar gussied up? Might be nice to have a place to get a cold adult beverage.

The doors open to get wristbands to the Lucas/Jon Stewart at 6am Saturday morning. The 501st Bash ends at 2am. How much you want to bet people just stay up to camp out in line?

I thought the light side/dark side commitment ceremonies were cool until I saw it costs $75. Eek. I?ve had friends whose real weddings didn?t cost that much. You do get a bag of swag though. I doubt it?s $75 worth of swag. Hmm?spend money on a wedding and hope you make it back in presents?I guess it is kinda like a real wedding.

?Costume Dance Off?? This has the potential to be horribly horribly wrong.

There?s a Cartoon Network Slumber Party Friday night. It?s from 6-8 pm. Doesn?t seem like much of a slumber party to me. Oh? You mean it?s probably for kids? Why should they have all the fun?

5. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    As long as it doesn't interfere with anything else I'm doing, the SW Stories thing is doable for sure with me. And the Hoth Icebar sounds.... lovely. Does anyone know if they are going to be serving banquet style meals for breakfast, lunch, dinner??? I had completely forgotten about eating while there, till just now. [face_batting]

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Uhm..no. At a con/convention center you're lucky to wait 30 minutes for a $10 hot dog. Have a good breakfast and take snacks (and water) with you.

7. Jai-Rew-Sett

Jai-Rew-Sett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2008
    Thats my plan. Lots of water & granola bars yum yum...

8. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    Thanks Mika.. guess we'll have to scout for a good place to have breakfast while there. Lots of water and snacks it is. [face_batting]

9. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    There are a lot of places to eat outside the convention center...this is Orlando after all.
    See the thread here for suggestions...
    http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_star_wars_celebration_v/b10611/30848479/p1/?34

10. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Quick Thought:

Last week, I was in Denver for a work thing, and despite being around thousands of work-peers I wound up eating every meal alone.

While We, the LGA Family, will mainly be driving up and down together-- we are going to be scattered most of the day. I propose we try to have dinner together as much as possible. By no means mandatory, I see it helpful for us to break bread, discuss cool stuff so none of us miss out, and help each other plan out events/costumes/ parties, etc.

Besides, who wouldn't want to hang out with Jammies every night?

Link to road trip story:
    http://www.forcecast.net/story/home/CV_Road_Travel_Tips_132674.asp

Just a thought (but a good one). Well, I guess I gotta go to work.
    MTFBWY
    Jammies
    Speaking of work, with C5 and Star Wars on the mind, am I alone in not giving a care about office work? My body may at my desk, but my mind is in a Galaxy Far Far Away.

11. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    I think it's a fabulous idea Jammies, we can talk about it on our way down? Not sure about dinner tho, I have two parties to go to, which will have food at them, and I don't usually eat heavy before a party, snacks at the party are usually all I do. Ummm.. maybe meet for breakfasts tho? [face_batting]

By the way guys, I need everyone who is going to Celebration, to read the thread titled (New Celebration Thread please read) There are some very important updates on cancellations and costs to ride in the Van. ;)

12. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    My 4-day pass just came in the mail! Whooo!

13. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    Yay Mika!!! [face_dancing] We're still waiting on ours... but.... we have the print out, so even if they dont arrive, we have our proof of purchase. I would like to have the tickets tho... framing material. [face_batting]

14. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Saw mine in the mailbox after coming back from the pool party-- what an end to a star wars day :)

15. Jai-Rew-Sett

Nov 20, 2008
    I got mine in on saturday as well, Whoo-hoo...[face_dancing]

16. DarthCyrin

DarthCyrin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2010
    Nocturnus and I received our CV passes today!!!! :D[face_skull]

17. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    For those planning out your CV schedules here are some photo shoots that may interest you (especially the Slave Leia shoot guys)?

Rebel Cheerleaders: Thurs 8/12 @ 12pm (RL booth OR LFL stage)tentative
    Rebel Legion: Fri 8/13 @ 11am (Atrium downstairs from 501st room)
    501st Legion: Sat 8/14 @ 4pm (Atrium downstairs from 501st room)
    KJO: Sun 8/15 @ 12pm (Atrium downstairs from 501st room)
    RLSC: Fri 8/13 @ 12pm (Snowspeeder in RL Booth), Fri 8/13 @ 3pm (LFL Stage)
    RLGS: TBA
    Slave Leia's: Sat 8/14 @ 1pm (Gentle Giant Booth)
    Twi'lek's: Fri 8/13 @ 2pm (LFL stage)
    DB94: TBA (LFL Stage)
    ANH Leia's: Sun 8/15 @ 1:30pm (LFL Stage & R2 Builder's Room)

(KJO=Knights of the Jedi Order, RLSC=Rebel Legion Starfighter Command <pilots>, RLGS=Rebel Legion Galactic Senate, DB94=Docking Bay 94 <scoundrels>)

In addition there are a lot of walkthrough/?flash mob? type of photo opportunities being planned and if you look at the online schedule there are a lot of ?costume photo op?s during the day for the public to have their picture taken with Star Wars characters.

18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    The Celebration Event Schedule has been updated (see above link)

Some more random thoughts?

I don?t see a Star Wars Robot Chicken or Family Guy panel?that makes me a sad panda.

They?ve worked in a couple of author panels. That means I?m going to have to bring yet more stuff, this time books, to get signed.

They?re showing the Ewok movies Thursday and Friday. Who approved that?

Thursday only?there will be a Taun Taun at the Rebel Legion Echo Base display. This is built by a fan in Lexington so make sure to see it and give her a big Kentucky howdy. She?s very dedicated to be making the trip when she can only go for one day. I?m not sure I would even do that, much less spend it hauling around and setting up a huge prop.

See a preview here?

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24421

I don?t see a G4 panel (although they?ll probably be roaming around getting into everything) and that makes me happy.

19. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    Hey Mika, with only six people ridding in a 12 passenger Van, and only three in an SUV, I don't foresee any issues with luggage. I do believe all is well bro. [face_batting]

20. Jai-Rew-Sett

Nov 20, 2008
    From the CV special they had on G4 it looks like it is only going to be Blair Butler & Blair Herder. No Olivia :( I'm sure they're going to be all over the floor. They may even have a stage like they did at SDCC, who knows. I'm just ready to "soak" it all in. The Excitement is building! What parties is/are everyone going to at CV?

Just found out on TFN that Temuera Morrison(Jango Fett) has cancelled.

21. DarthZannah

Nov 30, 2008
    Temeura Morrison canceled? Shabs! Sigh... I totally wanted to see him too.

So far as parties for Bane and I:
    TFN party on Thursday night
    501st Bash on Friday night

And we're open for everything else. [face_batting]

22. DarthCyrin

DarthCyrin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2010
    Speaking of the 501st Bash, Mika I couldn't figure out how to PM you about that. Is there anything else that I'll need to do besides paying you for your extra ticket? Would I need a proof of purchase? Because Nocturnus said he'd have to show a picture ID to get into the party.

23. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    The info I have says I need to pick up the tickets/wristbands at the 501st booth sometime before the Bash or at the door. I'm sure I'll be able to swing by Thursday or Friday some time and get them so you can go to the Bash at whatever time you like and have to wait on me. I would still bring ID though. It's an 18 and over party but because of the booze they're probably still gonna check everyone.

So yeah...
    Thursday Fan Force party
    Friday 501st Bash
    Saturday? There's the Disney thing but I'm not going to that. They're showing ESB and ROTJ at the convention center...maybe that. There's also a local club that rumor has will be having No Cover charge on Thursday and Saturday if you're in Star Wars costume. Some other bars may be doing the same thing...gotta pull in those convention crowd dollars.
    http://www.icebarorlando.com/
    Sunday???

24. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Ugg

Went to sign up for "speed dating" and it is closed to dudes (HA!). Not enough female fans are as desperate as us I guess.

25. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    The early bird gets the Star Wars Fangirl. Any thoughts on entering the trivia contest? I think you'd do well.

The Fan Force party is shaping up to be quite the bash with live music by Sex Wing Starfighter (love that name!) and confirmed guests such as Dave Filoni and Jammies personal friend Kyle Newman.
    From the website...
    "Note: Many of the celebrity guests at CV are under contract in regards to autographs. Please be respectful of this if a guest declined to sign or take extensive pictures at the party. Feel free to approach them and chat. We just want our celeb guests to be able to relax and enjoy the party as much as our non-celeb guests."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.