main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration V rumors by Steve Sansweet

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by pwinklespi, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadaErsari

ShadaErsari Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2003
    I know that Steve will be at Star Wars Fan Days II in Plano, Texas this October. But that's such a long way away. lol I wonder how long we'll have to wait for an announcement.

2. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    If there's going to be any announcement made it's going to be right after the Clone Wars movie came out.

And that means Dragon*Con.

I really wish I could go.

3. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Steve always has good things to say at Comic-Con. Let's hope that tradition continues.

4. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    The C-Japan actor/actress guest list is shaping up to be pretty darn impressive so far.

Hopefully that trend can carry over for us at C5.

(And Mark Hamill, you had BETTER be at C5....)

- Justin

5. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    ^ especially since he is at Celebration Japan

6. ShadaErsari

Sep 17, 2003
    I know. I just read about Hamill being at Celebration Japan, and frankly, I'm a little miffed.

7. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    Yeah, I was upset he did not show up at CIII in Indy.

8. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I am more upset that he did not show up for C4. I mean he lives in Malibu, cant get much closer than that. I was told that he was supposed to show up at C4, but decided not to...hmmmm.

Ditto Justin....btw

9. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Yeah, that upset me, too. I guess CJ came up with more of the green stuff for him.

10. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Hrmph. If people keep picking on him for not showing up, I'd be just as happy is Hamill stayed away from CV.

11. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Huh? We are simply expressing our disappointment at him not being at prior Celebrations. Nothing wrong with that, and nobody is "picking" on Hamill at all.

And I have to disagree - him not attending C5 after agreeing to go to CE and CJ would be pretty lousy on his part given his immense fan base.

- Justin

12. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I don't believe we're picking on him, either.... Heck, a video message at C-IV would have been fine. Just something. That we didn't get anything was very disappointing.

13. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    From what I understand, Mark's family was at C-4, and Mark was trying to get there but in the end he just couldn't.

It's incredibly tempting to try to get the time off to go to CJ - especially as we have direct flights from here - but alas....

14. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Yeah, that is a tad irritating that he did CE and now CJ but didn't show up for the Celebration in his own backyard (and spare me the claptrap that "he was supposed to but it didn't work out")...maybe he will finally do a North American Celebration when C5 roles around, but I wouldn't hold my breath [face_plain]

Don't get me wrong, the Celebrations are fine when he doesn't show up and it doesn't make or break the experience, but it would be nice for him to show up on the home soil sometime now that he is actually making appearances at Celebrations.

15. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Well think of it this way...

What would you rather do? Go to a convention in town, or go to a convention in Europe or Japan, with a free fight and free hotel?

Yes of course we'd like to see Mark, but from his point of a view a paid, working, vacation in a completely different part of the world has got to be more appealing than driving a 45 minutes down the highway.

16. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Ummm, how about do both like many other actors/actresses have done?

- Justin

17. ShadaErsari

Sep 17, 2003
    I had no idea anyone was offering to send me. I'll go. ;)

Seriously, though, I know it all comes down to time-constraints. That makes complete sense to me, and I understand that all of these actors and actresses do make the time to be there for the fans. I think that's great of them. :) And I think it's really great that Mark is traveling overseas to visit fans who might not otherwise have an opportunity to meet him.

I'm just sort of amazed and bewildered, really, that he hasn't taken up any of the Celebration opportunities which have been open in the past.

A friend of mine mentioned that perhaps it was due to the last two Celebrations being organized by a different company. Perhaps GenCon is the real one's to blame here? ;) hehe

18. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Have you guys seen the cool new addition to C-Japan where you can be part of real scaled SW environments? They have a pic of a fan sitting in full Endor Rebel gear on top of a speeder bike. And they have a pic of a replicated interior of the Falcon with corner bench and dejarik chess table.

First CE gets the Tantive IV Experience and now this - I sure hope we get these cool new additions for C5!

- Justin

19. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Yeah, and besides, the guy can't be that freaking busy... Oh wait, is he filming Corvette Summer 2? Jeez...

20. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    That sounds awesome! It would be cool if they added something like that to C5, i hope they do

21. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    So...its almost June and still nothing. [face_whistling]

22. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Umm, check his IMDB page. Mark is a very very busy actor.

23. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I don't think it matters whether he's busy or not. He wasn't at C-IV, for some reason. Hopefully he can make it to C-V. That's all I ask, that the stars align and he shows up.

24. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004

25. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Hmmm... don't think he had sour grapes in mind at all, sweetie. Besides, he's not singling out Mark Hamill. Grumpy extends that courtesy to everything LOL. Hang around, you'll see that us board regulars recognize this and ignore it, just like he expects :cool:.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.