main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration V rumors by Steve Sansweet

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by pwinklespi, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    it would be cool if at one convention they have a really impressive main cast appearance. It prob would never happen at the same time but one can dream

2. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    Yes, I would love a panel with Hamill, Fisher, Ford, and Williams. That would be a dream! [face_dancing]

3. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    I always wonder how I would plan my day if a Ford/Hamill/McDiarmid/McGregor/Christensen appeard at a SW Celebration. Heaven knows the line for said actors would be insanely long, and make Carrie Fisher's infamous 8-hour line at CII seem like a wait on a grocery store line.

Do I basically spend one entire day of the convention (similar to what fans did to get into the C3 store) waiting in line for the actor, thus missing out on all the scheduled events that are going on that particular day?

Or do I skip the lines, attend all the events that specific day that I want to see, and hope & pray that I can jump on the line at the end of the actor's signing session and nab his autograph/pic then?

It's a tough call for sure.

- Justin

4. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    You'd have to go for the actors, and get in line, just to be safe -- you wouldn't want to run the risk of TPTB closing the line before you can jump in it. You have to assume such a moment would most likely never come again. A couple of those folks you mentioned ain't getting any younger. For instance, I am so, so happy I had the pleasure of meeting (and getting my hand kissed by [face_love]) Micheal Sheard. I won't ever have that chance again.

But panels/events -- they have the same sort of thing at each convention. And you can usually read about what took place, afterward. Gotta go for the people.

5. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    The lines for the mega-stars where much better handled at CIV. The secret is to get your wristband as early as possible. They had numbers on them.

Earlier = low number.
    Low number = allowed in line sooner than higher numbers.
    Allowed in line sooner than higher numbers = shorter wait.
    Shorter wait = more time to get in another line!

[face_laugh]

6. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Ok...My turn...lol.

Personally, I would just get my Official Pic signed Pic from the counter, and take a walk by and glance at the actors if the lines were that long. Possibly snap a pic if I can get a clear shot. I love to meet the famous people, but standing in line a whole day for 2 autographs, if you are lucky, kills a whole day. I am sooo confused...lol.

Anyhoo...getting all worked up here on the Clone Wars, and excited, waiting for a C5 announcement of any kind. I have been doing some pre-planning...lol, to deal with the cravings...lol.

7. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    The waits for Daniels and Fisher were not that long for those of us with low numbers. :D Fisher's line was longer, but it was still bearable. Short enough that it was steadily moving. Not bad.

8. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    My wife and I were very lucky with our autographs at CIV. We might have spent a total of 3 hours on line for the entire week, and we got over 20+ autographs (including all of the GOH's).

We lucked out and each got a #1 wristband from the OPX booth, which saved us boatloads of time standing on line.

I'd say we got to see/do over 90% of the events at CIV that we wanted to, so we didn't lose much time waiting on line at all.

I certainly hope OPX implements that same system for C5.

- Justin

9. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I probably spent a whole hour on the last day in the autograph area at C-IV and I had no problem of lines and I got to see all the people I wanted to, even got a cool picture with Amy Allen.

I hope it's handled the same way at C-5.

10. quigonjaf1961

quigonjaf1961 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2006
    Next month is Comicon and Celebration Japan will we get a C5 announcement at either ?

11. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    That's what I am betting on! :D

12. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    *crosses fingers for an announcement at one of those*

Sansweet will be at Dragon Con over Labor Day weekend and at Star Wars Fan Days in Dallas in Ocotber...

But, my money is on Comic Con... Though one never knows...

Where did they announce Celebration Japan?

13. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    As I recall, Celebration Japan was announced in February. But that's a far different animal from C-V, so I'm hoping that Steve will have something for us at Comic-Con. I'm working the fan club breakfast; I've got my fingers crossed he'll have something to say at that.

14. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Val...

If you hear something, please let us addicts know asap...lol. I am beginning to lose my hair...lol

Hugs!!

15. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    There's going to be a breakfast at D-con.... :_|

Why couldn't I just shut up about the stupidity of my boss and keep the damned stupid job.

16. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Well... this is interesting. From the main page of TF.N:

"Star Wars L.A. Event Being Planned?
    Posted By Mike on June 25, 2008

We had previously reported on a "Star Wars Anniversary Event Show" that was being planned for Memphis, TN in November of 2008. (per the site Festivals.com) Well, our friend Christopher wrote to let us know that he was visiting Festivals.com and he noticed that the event seems to have moved to Los Angeles from November 13-15, 2009. Not only that but it is now being billed as a "Star Wars Tribute Convention Show."

See the description from the site below:

"Description:
    George Lucas ? Tributation show. 3-day Convention weekend Event. We are currently seeking ONLY Sponsors and Investors for this Convention Event, indoors (with a Profit return for Investors). (NO Vendors, NO Stages, NO Tickets, NO Merchandisings or such are needed.) Our Media Advertisings shall be USA-Wide, and we shall provide Sponsors full Media Advertisings with their names and logos in all ads. We shall also provide to Sponsors - Booth Space accommodations, Coupon Distribution, Product Sampling, etc., to fit their required needs. Our weekend Convention Event show includes appearances from the cast of actors for all 6 Hit films. The attending fans will have the opportunity to meet these stars In-Person for Autographs, have photos taken with their favorite actor, participate in daily activities, Auctions and Contests, sit in on Daily Fan Question and Answer sessions with the stars of the films, and a Dance Party in the evening. We also have Very Special surprises for the attending fans, unlike anything ever seen before at any other convention. This will be an opportunity Surely NOT to be missed by any "Star Wars" or "Indiana Jones" fan!"

No guests or a venue have been announced, though we will keep you posted as we hear more."

17. JossKanubi

JossKanubi Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2008
    Very interesting indeed, Thanks for the post Val.

Hopefully more news comes out soon.

18. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Thanks Val...Love ya girl.

Just wonder if this is a celebrations or just a small time Star Wars Convention?

Only time will tell...hehe

19. ShadaErsari

ShadaErsari Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2003
    I wonder if this is a sort of "Blue Harvest" idea...

Make it sound all low-key and silly and stupid and then spring the fact that it's really a SW Celebration. But maybe I'm being all sorts of sneaky and suspicious. lol ;)

20. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    November 2008??

Well of course!!!!

Think folks.

That event will be celebrating the 30th Anniversary of the Holiday Special!!

21. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    [face_laugh] Yikes! We'll get George finally coming clean about the whole thing.... :).

22. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    I'm a bit leery of any Con that announces ticket prices before they even have a venue under contract.

23. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    SWAN reports: Celebration Europe II will happen in Berlin.

Is that official / confirmed by some other source?

24. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Very good point! Ooooooh, the pain. [face_worried]

25. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Don't know what SWAN is, so can't say if it's a credible source or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.