main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bloom, IN CELEBRATION V : SEE YOU IN ORLANDO

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LITO-JEN_VELASHUU, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LITO-JEN_VELASHUU

LITO-JEN_VELASHUU Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 21, 2004
    The announcement was officially made earlier this morning...

http://forcecast.net/story/home/Celebration_V_Confirmed_For_Orlando_In_August_128025.asp

"After years (literally) of speculation, Lucasfilm and new promotional partner The Reed Exhibitions Pop Culture Group have confirmed Celebration V for August 12-15 at the Orange County Convention Center in sunny Orlando, Florida.

You can read all the early deets over at starwarscelebration.com. Tickets will go on sale December 10."

I can already tell...this one's gonna cost. And how!

But, on the plus side...at least Jennifer and I will be able to hit Universal Studios while there! See you in Orlando, folks!!!

2. Jedi_Narf

Jedi_Narf Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2006
    It's gonna cost and Florida....in August....the heat will likely be killer at that time of year.

3. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Here is the hole 411

THE WAIT IS OVER! After months of anxiety, anticipation, and speculative rumors galore, Celebration V has been officially announced! Star Wars
    fans everywhere can all collectively rejoice together and start planning today for what should be the most action-packed Star Wars convention to date.

City Location: Orlando, FL
    Dates: August 12-15, 2010
    Venue: Orange County Convention Center

From celebrity autograph signings to guest panel sessions to the famous Exhibit Hall (be prepared - your credit cards will be put to the challenge), a Celebration has something for every Star Wars fan to enjoy and add to their expanding list of memories of that galaxy far, far away. And with 2010 marking the 30th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back, rest assured CV will be paying tribute to what many fans consider to be the best film in the Saga.

Be sure to keep checking back right here each & every day (like you don't do that already) for all Celebration V updates as they become available. And definitely check out our official Rebelscum forums to chat about the convention with your fellow Star Wars fans!

See you all there!!

UPDATE: Official Press Release.

"LUCASFILM AND REED EXHIBITIONS ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE STAR WARS? CELEBRATION V

Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back,
    Massive Fan Event will Take Place in Orlando, Florida August 12-15, 2010;
    Registration Will Go Live Thursday, December 10

Norwalk, CT, December 3, 2009: Commemorating the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back and the ongoing, weekly adventures of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Reed Exhibitions? PopGroup will partner to produce what?s expected to be one of the largest official Star Wars fan events ever ? featuring cast and crew celebrities, fan-run events, costumes, music, live entertainment, screenings, autographs, collectibles, panels and sneak peaks into the future of Star Wars.

Star Wars Celebration V will take place August 12-15, 2010, at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. A website, www.starwarscelebration.com, is dedicated exclusively to the event, and tickets to Star Wars Celebration V will be available for purchase online starting Thursday, Dec. 10. As always, Celebration will bring together the best of the Star Wars universe in one exciting, dynamic event.

Lucasfilm Ltd launched Star Wars Celebrations in 1999. Since then, the official Star Wars ?parties? have become mega events, attracting tens of thousands of loyal and devoted fans and families. To date, there have been four Star Wars Celebrations in America, as well as a Star Wars Celebration Europe (2007) and Star Wars Celebration Japan (2008). Star Wars Celebration V will be the first Star Wars Celebration produced jointly with Reed PopGroup, which is responsible for the successful New York Comic Con, the new Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo (C2E2) and more.

?We?re going to have a blast commemorating the 30th anniversary of fan-favorite The Empire Strikes Back as we welcome an entire new generation of fans watching our animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars,? said Steve Sansweet, Lucasfilm?s head of Fan Relations. ?There?s no doubt that Star Wars Celebration V in Orlando will be the ?must attend? event for Star Wars fans of all ages and from all parts of the galaxy,? he added. ?We?re also very excited to launch our partnership with Reed PopGroup, which has shown great expertise in running large, fun-filled events that satisfy fans, show participants, and exhibitors. We?re expecting the biggest and best Celebration to date.?

?This is an enormously exciting undertaking and a natural partnership,? said Lance Fensterman, Vice President of Reed PopGroup. ?Star Wars is arguably the strongest brand in the pop culture world, while Reed PopGroup has established itself as a leader in creating amazing experiences for fans and customers. Additionally, Reed Exhibitions has a strong international presence and is able to create world-class events globally,? he added ?We look forward to providing fi

4. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Just seen this wile going over the new web site. Very good news.

Celebration Store

Exclusive Star Wars Celebration apparel, souvenirs, and commemorative goodies will be on sale only here at the Star Wars Celebration Show Store. And starting months before the show, you'll be able to order some of your exclusives in advance and pick them up at Star Wars Celebration V ? securing you your exclusives and good night?s sleep instead of waiting, hoping, and praying you can grab our limited-edition items once you?re at the con. Want to get some Star Wars exclusives right now? Head over to shop.StarWars.com and grab a Tauntaun Sleeping Bag or Jawa Garden Gnome!

5. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I'm ready!
    After a quite talk without kids present , Gand Moff wife gave me the OK to make the trip. It helps a lot that my big brother lives 15 miles from the convintion center . Now on to Feb or so to book our plane tickets. :)

6. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    I'll be there too! Can't wait!!!!

7. greedofan

greedofan Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2004
    UGH. I was really hoping it would be closer. Plus, mid-August is a horrible time for me since I work for a school now and that's right around the time classes will start back up. I will try to go, but I can't guarantee I'll be able to based on the time and travel costs...

8. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    It won't be the same with out you, but Tammy said she thought Monroe cnty school dosent start till the 18th.I also checked on airline tickets for six months out and round trip non stop with southwest was $297

9. greedofan

greedofan Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2004
    My school is not part of MCCSC, but this year we started a week later than them so maybe I'll be okay...

10. Jedi_Narf

Jedi_Narf Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2006
    Driving: 4-day tickets are $120 apiece, estimated gas would cost $194 (it's 1,940 miles roundtrip), current prices on hotel rooms puts a cheap room at around $70 a night so to arrive Wednesday and leave Sunday would cost around $280 plus tax, and a stopover on the way there and back adds another estimated $140 plus tax. Without even counting (overpriced) meals: $734

Flying: Same ticket price ($120), same hotel ($280), cost of flight ($297), then I either have to take cabs everywhere ($), bum rides, or rent a car ($$$). Without counting the overpriced meals, this plan starts at $697 and only goes up.

Once you count meals and everything, and the fact that they put the convention in Orlando in August.... I can't justify spending around a thousand dollars or more on just myself for a convention, even a SW one, not when I could really use that money elsewhere (i.e. our family vacation).

11. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I am glad this time around I have somewhere to stay for free.
    I can see this is gonna be a lonely thread :(

12. LITO-JEN_VELASHUU

LITO-JEN_VELASHUU Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 21, 2004
    You won't be so lonely, buddy. I think that no matter what, come h*ll or high water, Jennifer and I will be there!

13. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Right now confirm HA attendees are:

Lito & Jenn
    Eric
    Gary
    RC
    Courtney

14. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    A cool thing for me, As some of you know Sam and I do a weekly review of the Clone Wars for IHN Radio.com , They are planing a live show from CV and I have been ask to join in. I am looking foward CV more and more.

15. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Just looked at flights and i found one way trip's for $107.00 WITH tax's and fee's from SouthWest.
    So round trip will be around $220.00 or so !!!!
    You can order the destination trip for $ 107 total but you have to wait till March 13 to book the return trip.

16. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Gary and I booked our flight tonight and my Brother said he would take us to and from the center all weekend.
    Im am excited but it is cooler to see Gary get more excited about it.
    We booked with Southwest.
    :D

17. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Just a reminder If you would like to get ready for C5 , Take a look at our C2,3 & 4 pictures on our web album.

18. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Initially, admission tickets were priced as follows on December 10th:

Adult Four-Day Passes: $120
    Thursday Passes: $45
    Friday Passes: $45
    Saturday Passes: $50
    Sunday Passes: $45
    Kids Four-Day Passes: $50 and One-Day Passes: $25

As of the date of this posting, ticket prices are now listed as follows:

Adult Four-Day Passes: $128
    Thursday Passes: $48
    Friday Passes: $48
    Saturday Passes: $54
    Sunday Passes: $48
    Kids Four-Day Passes: $54 and One-Day Passes: $27

So if you are still on the fence about buying tickets to CV, you may want to act sooner rather than later to avoid any other potential ticket price hikes.

19. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Guys here is a update about the price increase.

UPDATE: Lance Fensterman replies via the official CV Blog to the ticket price increase:

"I?ve gotten a number of emails about the change in CV ticket pricing we had to institute this week, so I am certain there are a lot more questions from people that I have not heard from. So here is the straight scoop ? We learned last week that we had to collect state and local taxes on these tickets so we added those taxes to the ticket cost.

Unfortunately, the original pricing on our site was not inclusive of the mandatory Florida state sales tax and Orange County surcharge that we must collect on all ticket sales. So we have now automatically applied that into the pricing posted on our website and made mention that the tax is built in, so you are not caught off guard during the registration process and you know exactly what the final cost will be.

I can assure you that we do not have a sliding scale throughout the months leading up to the show and ticket prices will not increase again until we are onsite. Onsite pricing is also posted on the website (both on the overview page and the tickets page). This will go into effect as soon as the show begins (August 12) both online and at the convention center. You can see the full pricing details by clicking here.

We feel terrible about any confusion, but we did not raise ticket prices whatsoever, rather we were forced to apply tax to the prices to be in compliance with state and local law. I know this is semantics in a sense, but they key is that neither we, nor our partners at Lucas are keeping any of the added ticket price, but rather paying the tax man with those bucks.

We are really sorry that this was added late, but in other states where we run large shows (NY, IL, MA, etc) we have not had to pay tax on tickets so this was a bit of a surprise to us too.

Regardless though we did not mean to cause any confusion at all and our sincerest of apologies if we did, but you have my word that ticket prices will not budge one cent from what we now have posted!"

As for those fans who have already purchased their CV tickets before the price increase went into effect (response posted by Lance in the Comments section of the blog):

"If you purchased a ticket prior to the tax being added on our registraton site you will not be effected at all. In effect we will pay the tax for you. Charging tax to those tickets already purchased was not a choice we ever considered."

20. atataboy

atataboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2005
    We got ours ordered today, finally. Definitely looking forward to it. The extra 8 doesn't bother me too much and understand the issue.

21. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    was Bord at work so....
    http://www.orlandomeetinginfo.com/dining/results.cfm?searchSite=delegate&searchCategory=dining&type=&location=S_IDRIVE&name=

22. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Just had a brain storm. Seeing Amy Saturday night with her HD camcorder, My Brother is the manager at a rent-to-own place and he can get me a HD Camcorder to use wile there!!
    We can have a get together when we get back to view it!

23. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    New info today. I think its wayyyy over priced.

JEDI KNIGHT PACKAGE

$350 each, limited to 250 total packages.

Special merchandise and exclusive collectibles:

* 1 Celebration V VIP badge featuring exclusive poster art
    * 1 Celebration V badge lanyard
    * 1 Celebration V official show poster, rolled, complete with poster tube
    * 1 Celebration V Souvenir Commemorative Show Guide
    * Limited Edition Celebration V VIP T-Shirt
    * 5% off any one item in the Celebration Store

Exclusive VIP services to help you make the most of this incredible 4-day event:

* Celebration V VIP Concierge & Lounge. Check your coats, store your packages, ask advice, plan your afternoon, or just sit and put your feet up in a comfortable chair.
    * Dedicated Entrance to Celebration V Exhibit Hall. Sidestep the crowds and get right into the Celebration Exhibit Hall Experience
    * Half Hour Early Entry to the Celebration V Exhibit Hall
    * Half Hour Early Access to the Celebration Store
    * Express Access to Celebration Store checkout
    * Express Access to up to (3) Celebration V autograph sessions in the autograph area. (Autograph cost not included)
    * Reserved seating in Celebration Celebrity Stage

JEDI MASTER PACKAGE

$750 each, limited to 50 total packages.

Special merchandise and exclusive collectibles:

* 1 Celebration V VIP badge featuring exclusive poster art
    * 1 Celebration V badge lanyard
    * 1 Celebration V Official show poster, rolled, complete with poster tube
    * 1 Celebration V Souvenir Commemorative Show Guide
    * Limited Edition Celebration VIP T-Shirt
    * Exclusive Celebration V VIP hat ? Only for the Jedi Master package
    * 10% off any one item in the Celebration Store

Exclusive VIP services to help you make the most of this incredible 4-day event:

* Celebration V VIP Concierge & Lounge. Check your coats, store your packages, ask advice, plan your afternoon, or just sit and put your feet up in a comfortable chair.
    * Personal Shopper for exclusive Star Wars merchandise. Your personal shopper will pick up your order at the Celebration Store and deliver it to your hotel room. (Limit one shopping trip)
    * Private meet and greet with Dave Filoni, and voice actors from Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series.
    * 1 of 50 personalized prints from original art by Dave Filoni, signed for you at the meet and greet.
    * A minimum of two exclusive meet and greet sessions in the VIP lounge with Star Wars cast and crew members.
    * Dedicated Entrance to Celebration V Exhibit Hall. Sidestep the crowds and get right into the Celebration Exhibit Hall Experience.
    * Half Hour Early Entry to the Celebration V Exhibit Hall
    * Half Hour Early Access to the Celebration Store
    * Express Access to Celebration Store checkout
    * Express Access to up to (6) Celebration V autograph sessions in the autograph area. (Autograph cost not included)
    * Reserved seating in Celebration Celebrity Stage
    * Reserved seating in the Celebration Digital Stage

24. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I heard on the Focecast ,that LFL is looking into make a DVD of Celebration Highlights. They said to email the force cast if your interested and they would forward it to LFL.
    Email them forcecast@forcecast.net and tell them we want a C-highlight DVD.

25. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    FYI
    If you go through celebration's website you can still get a room for as little as $65 a night and with in walking distance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.