main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration V: The Clone Wars & other TV talk

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Here are the episodes they'll be playing at CV, which they consider to be some of their favorites:

Ambush
    Blue Shadow Virus
    Mystery of 1000 Moons
    Hostage Crisis

Holocron Heist
    Cargo of Doom
    Children of the Force
    R2 Come Home

Arrrrggggh.

Is anyone from LACWAC going?

2. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    Cargo of Doom and Hostage Crisis are great, Children of the Force, Holocron Heist and Ambush are decent... as for the rest... the hell?!

Maybe they are showing Cargo of Doom vs. R2 Come Home to give an idea of the range of quality of the series or something. :D

3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    R2 Come Home? :oops:
    Cargo of Doom is probably the only decent episode in the list.

I didn't care for Blue Shadow Virus or 1000 Moons. To be honest, 1000 Moons was a painful episode to watch. At the end of Virus, it wrapped up nicely and did not need a second episode. Mainly 1000 Moons was just a filler/show off what they could do.

4. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Just made me laugh, particularly Blue Shadow/1000 Moons....except for maybe Downfall of a Droid, I don't know if there was a worse-reviewed episode in Season 1! [face_laugh]

5. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Ah, I see my two favorite episodes on that list, Mystery of 1000 Moons and R2 Come Home. Mystery of 1000 Moons I can stand, but R2 Come Home makes be want to claw my kriffing eyes out! And I don't say that about many SW-related things! :oops:

6. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    That is one ofEDITEDlists I have ever seen! Who the hell made this decision? Fortunately, I'm not going and I only posted this to be an ass. I just don't favor human torture.

Watch your language. [face_shame_on_you]

7. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    Other than Cargo of Doom, which I've seen numerous times, I haven't even bothered to watch those other ones you mentioned a second time. They kinda.... sucked. And this is coming from someone who usually appreciates what Lucas et al are trying to do even if I don't necessarily like it.

Why don't think have the whole thing MCed by a giant Karina puppet while they're at it?

Okay, okay, I'm overreacting. <Italian fish guy> I shut up now. </Italian fish guy>

8. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    That episode was bad, too. :p

9. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    I liked that one actually! Sinube was cool, the lesbian aliens were cool, and the Palpatine propaganda billboard thingy was VERY cool. :D

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'll be there. Can't say I'll be watching any of these shows though... the above posts have pretty much summarized my sentiments for most of them.

At any rate, I hope there's a Q&A at one of the TCW events... I've got some questions that need answering... [face_whistling]

I'm thinking I should get a camcorder. May be worth investing in, especially at Filoni's discussion concerning the politics of TCW and the next season.

11. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    We'll happily lap up any tidbits you can give us. :) Have a great time!

12. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Whom ever goes, man you have to ask Filoni how many seasons are they actually looking at doing since their series has been very successful. This is important beucase if you haven't noticed, they made a big jump in improvement from season 1 to season 2. The animation was amazing. Now, who in the world though that Blue Virus was good? That Dr. Vendi sucked!!!!!!!!!!! And that kid tampering with the droids was laughable.

13. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    Whomever goes to Celebration V, you need to ask Filoni and his crew how many seasons do they plan on doing or if they plan on stopping on season 4. Why, well if you followed the show, you'd notice that their was a big leap of improvement between the movie/season 1 and season 2.

14. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    sorry for the double post. Thought that the first one did not go through.

15. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Blue Shadow Virus is actually one of my favorite episodes. My guilty pleasure. ;)

Although I agree that 1000 Moons wasn't the series' brightest moment.

16. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Wow, that is a VERY poor selection. Aside from the Bane stuff, it's some of weaker episodes the series has...

17. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Have a great time, Barriss!
    Like we said, any tidbits thrown our way will be much appreciated. :)

18. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Lesbian aliens?o_O Is someone looking for evidence of something where it doesn't actually exist?

19. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    You can go either way with Cassie and her friend. It was left suitably vague but certainly implied.

20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    That does exist in the canon.

21. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Yeah I'd be a little mad if I were going to CV.The clone wars stuff is what i'd be going for and the selection of episodes there showing are weak.Doesn't making since why there not showing both seasons and the movie.I'm sure theres more then enough time over the 4 days.

22. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Well, to be Frank (anyone remember Frank Palpatine? [face_laugh]), I wouldn't be going to CV to watch TCW episodes I've already seen at least twice.

I just find it interesting they chose certain episodes to "highlight" the show.

I mean, Rookiees, Cloak of Darkness, Lair of Grievous, Jedi Crash, Trespass, Innocents or Liberty on Ryloth, any of the Geonosis episodes, Grievous Intrigue or Lethal Trackdown are all missing.:confused:

23. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, they should have included Rookies. :p

24. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I spell it that way every time on purpose and you're one of 2 people that have noticed...or at least, felt compelled to post about it. ;)

In other news, I have to admit I hope Filoni or someone mentions LACWAC during CV, but there's almost no chance of that.

25. Corpseslayer

Corpseslayer Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2009
    1000 Moons and Blue Shadow are 2 of my least favorite episodes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.