main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration V: The Clone Wars & other TV talk

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    Darth Maul had a bro? What?! I'm not sure if I like that or not... that seems iffy. I'm glad we get to see Iridonia and lots of Zabraks. I always thought they were cool. But Darth Maul's BROTHER???

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. But then we're going to have Maul's last name too. This season is getting wierd now...

2. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Um. That's interesting...

3. Laughing_Lurmen

Laughing_Lurmen Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2010
    clip of darth maul's brother

http://www.twitvid.com/6S5HK

the papanoida clip is next on that play list

4. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    I suppose that this is the "reckless, impulsive animal" that Obi mentions in the scene with Delta.

And I also see that they're re-using concept art. That evil lady is strikingly similar to original concept art of the sith that ended up as Darth Maul.

Not too crazy about the name though. Savage Oppress. Savage Oppression? Really? That's the best they could come up with? Savage is cool enough, but its the Oppress part I don't like.

5. CaptainYossarian

CaptainYossarian Jedi Master star 3

Mar 30, 2003
    This is the one, isn't it?

[image=http://www.dayofthejedi.com/articles/2008/09/images/prequelconcept/sith_witch.jpg]

It has been mentioned that Baron Papanoida is with his family - so that could be Chi Eekway in that scene, I suppose. The location is of course very similar to the Mos Eisley Cantina, if not identical, which means that the Tatooine-looking planet in the trailer may be Tatooine after all.

6. Sompeetalay

Sompeetalay Jedi Master star 2

Dec 17, 1999
    Maul's brother ... I'm not sure what to think about that. Why couldn't he just be a Zabrak assassin? It does create an interesting link towards Maul, but I hope they'll clear up any misunderstandings. If he's indeed Maul's brother, I want to know if he and Maul ever knew each other, because Sidious took Maul with him as a kid.

7. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Just heard about Maul's brother and Dathomir being in Season 3 of TCW. Not a real big fan of either being in the series but I always try to be optimistic about such things.

And I'm sure the EU Lit Forum will have a field day over this news when they get wind of it.

8. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I'm not too optimistic about Maul's bro, but they could pull it off. I'm just wondering why.

Clone commandos are great, though.

9. AnakinBrego

AnakinBrego Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2004
    I can't believe they are able to go this epic for an animated TV show!!!

10. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    I think they pick a great range of episodes, though Hostage Crisis is my least fav. I still love 1000 moons, really enjoy Anakin being a hotshot pilot in that episode and the fact that it's an Obi-wan/Anakin adventure and the stakes are pretty high back home, which gives the episode focus and purpose. I also thought Jaybo Hood was a neat throwback to young Anakin and reminded us of Anakin's talent with machines. I also didn't mind Jaybo's personality or anything. Plus, the episode had the razy old Quarren coot, revealed the "angels" and the Moons of Iego we heard about in TPM. Really don't see why people here seem to like it. Glad to see the writers agree with me in selecting it.

Hostage Crisis is my least fav on that list because there isn't much going on in it. All of those are still better than 99% of season two, though.

Anyway, regarding S3:

Maul's brother?! WTH?! Sounds terrible, and doesn't Dooku already have an apprentice in waiting with Ventress. I'm worried that this is overkill, for one, and that they are trying too hard to give us some cool new bad guys. Also, I don't see how Dooku could get around Sidious not finding out about all these "apprentices" Dooku seems to be taking on. While I won't come out and call "lame" it goes against my better judgement not to do so... so I'll just say that I'm very skeptical and suspicious. I also don't like this pandering the show is doing to Maul fanatics... it makes me wonder what Lucas will go next.

Dathomir... interesting. That is something I like and that works well and uses established continuity well, not that that is a necessary thing, but in this case it works better than Maul.

Baron Papanoida in a cantina shootout with Greedo. Again... WTH?!

11. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    How is Maul having a brother, terrible? The guy most probably had a family before being taken by Sidious. And who is the other apprentice you're talking about?

What's wrong now?

12. cadbanerocks21

cadbanerocks21 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2010
    How can you assume that is Greedo? It looks like a Rodian smuggler dueling with a Weequay over a Twi'lek![face_idea]

13. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Indeed, why are people saying this is Greedo? Was anything to that effect said at C5? It just looks like a rodian with a blaster to me...

14. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    And the Rodian (atleast I think) gets shot so I'm pretty sure its safe to say its not Greedo

Unless the decide to ruin another Rodian's canonical death :oops:

15. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    You all forget the most important question: Will Baron shoot first?

16. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    It'll probably change on the DVD/Blu-Ray release [face_laugh]

17. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    LOL, Lucas can finally say "I shot first". [face_laugh]

Which makes me wonder, is he voicing Baron for the show?

18. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I don't think there has been any official confirmation, but I wouldn't be surprised if he uses himself and his children to voice the characters they are based off of.

19. cadbanerocks21

cadbanerocks21 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2010
    Well, Celebratiom V is almost over.

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I cannot say enough good things about Tom Kane, Dee Bradley Baker, and James Arnold Taylor after going to CV. I was waiting in the mega-line for George Lucas from 11:00 PM-11:00 AM along with several thousand other fans, and who should show up at 1:30 but these three. They were hilarious! They went right down the line talking to everyone, just chilling. Me and a few others had a laptop set up and had been watching the Clone Wars all night, and Taylor sat down with us to talk about the episode (I gave him a double-take since I thought he was some stranger sitting with us at first).

These guys stayed until 2:30, and then presented in panels the entire next day! Unbelievable.

21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Details, we want details! :)

22. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Wow, Barriss, that is...WOW. I am in total AWE. I've never felt such total envy about something until now. No, not even about the people who got into the Starcraft 2 beta. Then again that might be because a friend got me into it. ANYHOO. XD

Congratulations! It must have been quite an experience! :D

23. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    The convention ended on Sunday.

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Heh -- no drama occurred, so the details probably aren't that interesting. He came out of the blue around 2 AM and sat with us for a couple of minutes while we were watching one of the Zillo Beast episodes (and he managed to come during one of the few scenes where Obi-Wan made an appearance, ironically). A friend (actually, a fellow poster in the JCC) and I were able to talk to Dee Bradley Baker for a few minutes about how he decides what voices to use for the different clones, and he mentioned that he was excited that the gang from Rookies was returning to the Kamino episodes. Make of that what you will...;)

You're going to kill me if I tell you I met Filoni and Seth Green, aren't you? [face_worried]

I was outside the TFN party on Thursday looking for an ATM machine, and someone calls out "Hey, Barriss Coffee" (which was the name on my badge). I look over and there's Dave just standing there, chilling in the hall. We spoke for a few minutes but I was too embarrassed to say anything worthwhile, except to comment on his Wolfpack-logo shirt (a must-have for any Koonfan). And then when I was walking away I realized the little man standing beside him, who I had given barely any attention to at all, had been Seth Green. :oops:

At any rate, the encounter piqued my curiosity as to whether Dave, who went to a TFN party, is aware of LACWAC. Because based on what little I heard him say, he's certainly aware the boards exist.[face_thinking]

25. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    (adds Wolfpack shirt to list of TCW paraphernalia to purchase)

(laughs jovially) No, no, I'm not going to kill you...alone. I'm sure you're not the only person who's met Dave Filoni. (pause) Crud, I said that aloud, didn't I? XD

I kid, I kid, I'm really happy for you, Barriss! :D
    As to the awareness of LACWAC...well, I wouldn't put it past them. We've had guests working on Star Wars posting once in a blue moon now and then, so why not the TCW crew? And I've heard hushed rumors or passing remarks now and then that the crew of the show check in on the fans once in awhile. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.