main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration V??

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by DarkLordSid, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Yep, the dust ain't settled on IV yet and I (and probably a few others) are getting emails quizzing about "If CV was held in the spring and was greater than driving distance how likely are you to go?"

At this point, depends on WHERE. At least they are not going to do Memorial Day weekend again.

Or as we say in the haunted house biz about a particulary un scary scare...

"Lame, lame, lame"

2. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    I was looking at that survey as well.
    Really wasn't sure how I wanted to answer a few of those questions.
    I would just like a better venue with less dead space. It took so long to walk to stuff through empty walkways.

3. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I loved the venue and put they need to fill the space up so there's much more to do, I did all i wanted to do/see in less than 2 days.

4. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I liked the venue. I don't like feeling like a sardine when I go to cons.
    And depending on my work schedule I'd be fine with flying somewhere.

5. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    I filled it out..my complaints were the GenCon Staff and their attitude towards the fans and the convention itself and the Celebration Store that were pretty random of what and when they considered something a "limited exclusive". Case in point, the two guys in front of Jos and I that both bought 36 of the Ralph McQuarrie R2 and 3PO figures..(we each got our limited one ..which was ok, cause I really didn't want it any ways. LOL) But the people behind us where then told "sorry sold out" yet you could see the full boxes behind the open curtain. [face_hypnotized] (They guys were getting their figures and bragging how they were going straight to Ebay) Plus that whole "You have to have a time reservation for the store" fiasco>

However, after the sardine can that was CIII... I did like the more open spaces. At least you could move. LOL

Another one..yeah, I would go..just praying to the Force that ANYBODY but GenCon takes it over.

6. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    I agree that I don't like being sardines. But at the same time there just seemed to be too much space doing nothing if that makes since.
    With the kids that was a lot of wandering, thankfully we had the stroller to help but still. The convention center wasn't very stroller friendly. We found ourselves having to go the long way because of locations of elevators..maybe that's why I have the complaint of all the space...we seemed to see far more of it LOL

7. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Totally forgot about you guys and the kids and strollers...absolutely it wasn't stroller friendly...or Handicapped as well. From THAT viewpoint I can completely understand!
    *But on the other hand..look at the incredible "tour" you got of the entire building(s). ;) :D

8. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    I don't think we missed a single part of the building by the time the whole thing was over ;)

9. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    2010 - CV - San Francisco. [face_praying]

10. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    This is like the Olympics. Cities are going to have to put bids in and then the Celebration committee will have to scout out the venue to see if it is equipped to deal with the magnitude of fans and troopers and such.

11. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    That would be nice, but again, shortage of hotels if they pick the wrong time of year would be a problem. And it's really costly up there too.

ANAHEIM would be my best choice... not that's it's any cheaper at the con hotels, but, "Hey the con blows, *looks across the street at Disneyland* SEEE YA!"

12. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Like we need ANY excuse to go to Disneyland? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.