main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Celebration V

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JocastaNu3, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JocastaNu3

JocastaNu3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2008
    Check it out
    www.starwarscelebration.com

Celebration V in Orlando, FL August 12-15, 2010

2. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    Ordered our tix and got reservations at the Peabody. The Peabody is expensive, but it looks like the closest hotel to the convention center.
    We stayed 10 miles from the convention center in Indy during Cel 3 to save money and were wishing we had gotten a hotel next door the whole time.

3. JocastaNu3

JocastaNu3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2008
    Hi,
    I am plannin on making this our first Celebration ever, and I am a total newbie.
    Any and all recommendations and hints would be appreciated. unfortunately as that Thurs is the first day of school, I probably won't be there that day :(
    but let me know what to expect. I have no idea
    lillie
    JocastaNu3

4. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    C3 is the only celebration we have been to. As far as advise, I would say, don't try to do everything that is there. They will have shows and events that will overlap each other and there is no way you can go to them all, even if you attend everyday.
    Pick the events you want to see the most and hope you can get in for them. The most popular shows will have lines to wait in. These will be the shows and events with the most popular actors, actresses and crew. People will start lining up an hour or more early to get in. Once the room is full, the staff won't let anyone else in. At C3, we missed maybe 3 events because we didn't have enough time and we missed the George Lucas event cause we didn't want to get in line at 2:00am.
    There will be schedules available, maybe even online a few weeks before it starts. Take a look at them and you can get an idea of the how many shows you can see in a day. There should be brief descriptions of each one.
    If you want to use max time available, then go to the convention center before 7:00am and wait in line. This early will put you in the top 500 people to get in. At C3, we went at 6:00am the first morning and was about 50 people back. The other mornings, we slept in and got there as the doors opened at 10:00am and walked right in. That is probly what we will do this year, but we are not early risers.
    We went early the first day to get in line to buy merchandise. After entering, people ran to the store and we didn't, so we ended up waiting 3 hours to buy our things. This time, hopefully, they eliminated the wait by selling the items in advance online and you pick them up there.
    It is worth going early at least one morning to walk up and down the line to get pics of everyone in costume and meet people. We did this while others held our place in line.
    Take snack food and bottled waters to save time during the day for attending events, and because the food courts there are expensive, crowded, and not much variety.
    I didn't get autographs, so I can't give any advice on that.
    If anything else comes to mind, I will post it.

5. Lord_Kosh

Lord_Kosh Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2005
    I did not get to go to any of the celebrations, but if it is anything like the ATL Dragon Con, here are some things to consider as well.

As Chewie said about events, study ahead and pick the day(s) with the most people. For autographs, you will need to do the same thing. The day I was able to go to Dragon Con, most of the Star Wars actors and events were not there. :( The autograph lines are like the event lines. Fortunately, I was able to get to signed photos from some main characters/actors from B5. But for Star Wars, I was completely out of luck. Since few others seemed to be interested in B5, I had very easy access to both celebrities before other lines had moved at all.

Dragon Con was mixed fan groups and diverse (and independent) series actors. Celebration V will be all Star Wars. The fans will also be all Star Wars, so lines will be much longer. If C4 did not have Clone Wars voice-actors, C5 will and draw even more fans of all ages.

If you have to pick one day, but cannot decide which to go to, you might use the actors present for autographs as a tie-breaker to choose a day. I should have. You live, you learn. :)

6. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I can die happy if I meet Carrie Fisher, Hayden Christensen and Mark Hamill.

Everyone else is icing on the cake.

I am phobic of lines and crowds. But I hope I can afford it.

Do Hyperspace members get advantages? Cuz I am a member.

Later all!

7. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    At C3, hyperspace members or fan club members in general got in an hour early. Don't know if the host will be doing the same at C5.

8. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Thanks! And why have we not seen you at meetings...well, the ones we had last year? ;) LOL. At any rate, nice to meet you. I am Kim. People on the boards call me Jaden, but in the FF, they know me as Kim.

We have to get organized again. I am FINALLY back online. I live in Coffee County now. Used to live in the Boro. Yeah, quite a distance. But loving the sticks! I miss my peeps! We had so much fun talking about stuff at the meetings. Granted, there were 5 or 6 of us, but it was so nice to just talk SW or whatever!

9. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Yes, anyone is welcomed. The more the merrier!

We are trying to infuse life back into the group...meetings, activities, precious Star Wars moments, what ever. As C5 grows closer, we can keep each other up to date.

10. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Maybe we can carpool and stay in a hotel room together. !!!! [face_laugh]

Well, it WOULD save money.

11. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001

Hi Kim and everyone. I'm Greg. Been AWOL on the boards for the past 3 or 4 years after the NAD ran its course and I got out the Nashville area in 2005.

Live in McMinnville and work in Tullahoma now. Planning on moving somewhere in Coffee Co. this year if our house sells. We go to church in east Coffee Co. in Summitville if you are looking for somewhere to go.

We definitely need to plan on meeting at C5. At C3, about 20 of us met at a Buffalo Wild Wings in Indy. We had fun getting to chat and share stories about our expierences up until then.

Is anyone considering the VIP packages? They are expensive, but would be cool to have those perks.

12. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    We are pretty broke. Have not looked into much of anything. But still want to meet Carrie Fisher if I meet anyone at all. She is my hero.

You are my neighbor! We live in Lakewood. Very small community in Beechgrove. But we love it. Except for the ticks and the acorn bombs falling from the oak trees. LOL! Coffee County is so cheap yet we have good roads in the snow. We pay 24 bucks each year for our tags and no smog check. We just moved from the Boro and wow, what a difference! My parents and sister live there.

NAD...we really need to talk about revamping it, but not NAD. No offense but it is, lame. And I THINK we need a representative for our Fan Force. I am not sure who the old one or current one is, if we have one at all. I would be more than happy to do it if nobody else wishes to. We need one because it would make it easier to vote for a new icon, a new banner, etc, but also to get this group hopping again. Jedi_Trace is our RSA and she told me that we need to agree on a new icon and stuff in order to get one. I make icons and Natalie over at Icons just asked me to do a tutorial on making icons with Paint.NET (WOW!).

I never saw myself as a leader, but I know I can represent Nashville and let you guys lead me. LOL! Besides, I don't have a life. :p

Catch ya'll later!

13. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    The last rep I remember was jedichic but I think she moved (I think Atl). Not sure who current is, but you've got my vote since you're willing to do it.

14. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    LOL...thanks. :) So, no rep then. I may not be the best choice but I am willing. And I am not bossy or I do not want to be like a dictator or whatever. A rep is someone who basically sees what the group wants and takes it to the boards. The rep tells the RSA and the powers that be what the FF needs and what we voted for and all that. Not what he or she wants but whey WE want.

I wish the US Congress and President would work that way. LOL!!! Instead of saying, Well, you voted us in so you MUST agree with and want everything we do. LOL! Bullcrap.

Anyway, the storm this morning has left me with a migraine so I am going back to bed armed with 800 mg of ibuprofen and 50 mg of Benadryl. Nighty-night. :)

15. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    Is anyone familiar with the Offcial Pix process for autographs? I've never used them but my wife wants to meet Carrie Fisher, so we are going to get autographs this time. Maybe 3 or 4.
    Will we need to buy 2 autographs if we both want to meet the celebrity or can both of us meet them with one prepaid pass? Official Pix probably has info online but I haven't looked for it yet.

16. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Now that I have finished my taxes, and the outcome was better than I thought...YEAH...I can look into C5. Going as a group would probably work out easier in multiple ways from carpooling to exploring the city during breaks from C5...not that any of us will want too many breaks. :)

17. DarthBane95

DarthBane95 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2009
    I'm about 75% sure I can go! I hope go so bad!

18. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    How close to Nashville are you Eric? I would love this Fan Force to get together and go to save money on rooms and travel. Cindy (JarJarJedi) already wants to come down from Ohio and ride with me and share a room. :) I told her if we were going, she could come. I hope she brings her armor!!! Because I am going as Mara.

19. DarthBane95

DarthBane95 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2009
    I live in Nebraska! So... I don't know if that would work.

20. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Sure it would. You would have to drive right through Nashville to get to Florida. :D I have Google Earth on right now. Not sure where in Nebraska you are, but there are only a few interstates that head out and the best route is I 80 East to I 29 South at the Iowa boarder. Then hit Highway 40 at Kansas City (eastbound) which turns into I-70 east. Then take I-64 East at St. Louis until you run into I57, take it south, then you will almost immediately hit I-24 East. Actually, it forks off to I-64 East and I-24 east. You do not want to heat to Virginia so take I-24 all the way to Nashville. :) I live about 50 miles southeast of Nashville off I-24.

See? You can meet us. But your parents would have to meet us too. ;)

21. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    Just 17 more weeks!!!
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

22. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Celebration VI should rightfully be an Ewok celebration...

23. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    And I am short enough to be the official Ewok of Nashville. :) I thought I would get the short joke out before my husband made it. Nevermind, I think my joke is unoriginal. he already has told me I can dress up as one. And be Artoo. :rolleyes:

[face_laugh]

24. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    I'll be a power droid...

25. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Actually, I think you are taller than me. :p Though JocastaNu is shorter than me. [face_whistling]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.