main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Celebration V

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TGaines1, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Well, a fan community cant have a board without this topic on it! As most already know, its in August of this year down in Orlando, FL. Anyone planning on going? I certainly am. Unfortunately it looks like it will be at the expense of Disney's Star Wars Weekends which I try to hit each June. CV is shaping up to be "THE" event for this year and I've heard many on other boards making plans to attend. I think it's always cool to be able to drive 7 or 800 miles and voila!, be right in the middle of friends you know back home. Thing is with CV, you'll be amongst tens of thousands of star wars friends! I'm hoping they'll trot out some of the bigger name actors and not just the usual guys. Where's Hayden? Looks like Vader will be the only thing he's ever known for so he should come out!

2. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    I am on the maybe for this. We are going to Orlando this summer for a family vacation so making it down twice may be a trick. I agree that if there is a something worth going too this would be it! I expect it will be full awesomeness.

3. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    James make C5 the family vacation! I plan on being there...

4. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    We will be also meeting up with our friends from Texas. So it is more then just a Family vacation. Besides, none of my family would actually want to go to C5, Universal and Sea World would be much more to their liking.

5. JEDIMASTER_VIDAL

JEDIMASTER_VIDAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2007
    im going . im almost all set.
    just need my plain ticket

6. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Thats cool, three outta four gonna be down there. We need to hook up somewhere at some time. Danny, Are you planning on bringing your armor? As much as I want to, I just dont have the room to carry it so it'll be a tshirt and shorts for me. Maybe I'll take along my 501st name tag.

7. JEDIMASTER_VIDAL

Jan 2, 2007
    hell 2 the yea im bring armor

8. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    Exactly.. they all go and do that and you get to hang with US all vacation!

9. James3

Apr 7, 2006
  10. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Well, the cool thing is, there is about a dozen people here in our area that have said they're going. It'll be fun to cross paths with people you know 700 miles down the road! I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the original costumes up close and hopefully making a few new friends.

11. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    Can't really argue that. It would be fun to have a big ole Richmond group getting rowdy down there.

I just don't know if I can make the time.

12. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    I can understand that. You would be missed though. Looks like the 501st hotels are already booked but with so many rooms down there, getting a place shouldnt be hard. Its pretty easy to navigate the area too. I'll probably stay at the Doubletree down at Disney.

13. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    If I do go down I will either stay around Disney or at a friends house.

14. madmann883

madmann883 Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2008
    I will be there. Hoping to have my commando armor done for CV

15. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Discussions with other members as well as 501st, Rebel Legion and other fanboy sites in the area, would seem to indicate that we're up to about 20+ going to CV. Preliminary planning will
    have us taking a group picture of the Richmond area folks sometime on the Friday of the event. Hopefuly around noonish at a location yet to be determined within. Hope any and all canmake the trek down there this year as it is a once in a lifetime experience for many of us.

16. JEDIMASTER_VIDAL

Jan 2, 2007
    me adam just bought our plan tickets

17. tuskenbmxer

tuskenbmxer Jedi Master

Mar 21, 2005
    Hey everyone...I don't think I know any of you all unless you were part of the Moisture Farm Co-Op from 10 years ago! Anyways, I am probably going to Celebration V also. Maybe I'll come to a meeting soon and meet some of you. This will be my first Celebration and I'm definitely looking forward to it!

-Eric

18. JEDIMASTER_VIDAL

Jan 2, 2007
    that would be cool. Eric do you costume?

19. tuskenbmxer

tuskenbmxer Jedi Master

Mar 21, 2005
    I've costumed once as Darth Vader for the midnight Toys R Us release of the Episode 1 toys back in '99 at Regency. It wasn't as elaborate as what I've seen around, but it was fun. I'd be up for trying it out....!

20. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Hey all! It's been a long time since I've posted, but since I got a 4 day pass to CV for my 40th Birthday...

That's right! I'm going to my first Celebration!!!! Whooohoooo!

21. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Great to have you back! Of course you probably never left, just realize how extremely slow these boards are. I think I know of about 30+ people off the top of my head that are going down. It'll be hard for us to get together but I'll be wearing my
    501st Garrison Tyranus TShirt that Friday so everyone be on the lookout! If you're from VA, I wanna pic with ya down there in the middle of all that Star Wars goodness!

22. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Looks like George Lucas will be there at CV. Just dont know what days or if all days. Big event over at Disney also tied in with the "Last Tour to Endor" party at Hollywood Studios since that ride will be shutting down for a year. It'll be re-vamped with
    3D pod racing scenes. Orlando will be on fire with Star Wars goodness that whole week. I got my ticket to go to CV that Friday so I hope to cross paths with some of you on the floor at the Convention Hall. I'll be wearing my 501st name badge on a lanyard.

23. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    If you have cable, be sure to checkout G4 this Thurs 6/17 at
    9/9:30 pm for their Star Wars special on CV! Should be pretty fun!

24. wgarth

wgarth Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2007
    I am going and just signed up for my 12 hours of volunteering! I am taking my 16 year old nephew. He's getting his gear together as we speak.

25. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Cool, what are you volunteering for? Just to help around the Con or for a specific company? I'm looking forward to cruising the autograph hall and see all those B grade celebs. I'll probably bring some toy figs to get signed as well. The only big names from OTC I've heard of were Carrie Fisher and Anthony Daniels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.