main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration Vegas Planning thread!

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Grand_Admiral_Grant, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    I don't want to talk for them, but for me at least, depending on how many people there are, and depending on how much it ends up cost-wise, I wouldn't be against a suite. My main thing is that I really do want to be in a just-girl room. Boys are gross.

ETA Damn, wrong name. This is Carmen.

2. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    What if I want to be in a suite with boys because I think they're not gross? [face_mischief]

3. AaylaSecurOWNED

May 19, 2005
    Then you don't ask if you can room with the person that said

4. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Well, I didn't see that until after I'd posted here! She should have been clearer in this thread and not assumed everyone saw it in JCC! :p

5. AaylaSecurOWNED

May 19, 2005
    ETA: Carmen again

6. carmenite

carmenite Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Okay, that's better.

7. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm not, just because of the bad issues I had with them at C4. I don't believe it's fair to cram like 8 people in a room with one bed and expect everyone to pay the same price, including those whose had to sleep on the floor. We got a suite at the Bonaventure, and we figured it out that we would have ended up paying LESS had we kept our original room at the Wilshire and only had 4 people instead of the 7 people in a suite. Plus having to deal with the whole hiding how many people really are there from the hotel thing, and figuring out the money and such. I want it to, for once, just be easy and have like 4 people in a double room. Simple enough. (Also, I get claustraphobic with too many people in such a small space.) :p

8. carmenite

carmenite Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    In the post where I said I'd be willing to room with them we were talking specifically about all-girl rooms.

GEEZ, MARA.

Also, I am okay either way with suite/no suite, the only thing I'm a stickler on is the girlness, so that's fine with me, Rachel!

9. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    THAT WAS IN THE OTHER THREAD!!!1

Also, sorry if this is an unseemly thing to bring up, but there's another issue with cramming people like sardines into a hotel room aside from the risk of getting caught and thrown out of the hotel - the more people you have staying with you, the greater the risk you're going to have at least one deadbeat there who decides not to pay back the person who footed the bill, as I've discovered from C4 experiences. A lot of people can be quite deceitful when it comes to money even if they seem cool in all other respects, and that's sometimes even true when the person is your friend. That might be a concern for me this time around, because I'm really starting to get sick of getting shafted financially because some people are dishonest. So, meh. There are definite disadvantages to overstuffing hotel rooms. The amount of money that is being saved per person also decreases significantly with each additional roommate who's stuffed in beyond what is allowed, so there's cost-benefit analysis to think about.

Is there such thing as a suite that's kosher for more than three or four people, anyway? I know some suites give you extra bathrooms and whatnot assuming that the room might be used for conferences or workgroups, but I'm not sure if I've seen one with extra beds.

10. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    You and me both. :(

11. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    You too? :(

It's always nice when you do someone the favor of organizing a room for them and then they repay your favor by not giving you your money three months and multiple complaining emails after the fact. Really encourages you to do more favors for people in the future.

12. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Think a few people have had that same experience, I know I have :( But not at CE :)

Hmmm Vegas ... [face_thinking]
    It's one of the places you really have to go to at least once in a lifetime, and if it's a SW peep meet, could be the best time. But I should really grow a beard ...

[image=http://z.about.com/d/classicrock/1/7/8/ZZ_Top_Color_3_low_res.jpg]

And mood setter ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdUbcOFET58

:D

13. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    Oh, yeah! I have to listen to that song at least once on the way to the airport, every time I go to Vegas. :cool:

14. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
  15. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    I was afraid that would be a link to a Hoff video. :-\

16. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    Who would do such a thing?

17. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    Vegas has been soiled. :(

18. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    So have my eyes and ears.

19. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I forgot about this thread. [face_blush]

But now I have found it again!

Frieda, Beth, Rachel, and Carmen...has anything been decided on? :p It might be a little soon-ish, but I would really like to get an idea of what we're doing so I can start saving towards a specific price.

20. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Don't look at me, I pulled out (giggle) from that arrangement. :p

21. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
  22. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    I think the bottom line is start saving regardless, and don't worry too much about bookings yet because it's too early. That's what we decided in the JCC thread, I think. :p

23. McLOVIN

McLOVIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2007
    I am for this motion for CV in Vegas.

Sorry L.A. it was too expensive, more like overpriced (rooms, foodm, etc.)and not a very enjoyable area.

If not in Indy than definetly in Las Vegas!

It more than has the space required for a con of this magnatude and the expenses will be way down for the fans.

And isn't that what really matters.

Las Vegas is where I drove to after CIV and I had the best couple of days there than I did in L.A.

Viva Las Vegas!

24. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    C5 is not going to be in Vegas (at least as far as we know, but signs right now are pointing to LA again). This is something totally separate we are planning as a get-together between Celebrations for JCers.

25. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Hello all. Just dropping in from my schooling to say hello and to let you all know that I'll be getting stationed at Nellis Air Force base located right outside the strip. I'll be there in Febuary so when it gets closer to the "convention" let me know if you want to try and get a hotel on base. I don't know how that works exactly, as for me I'm planning on getting an actual hotel on the strip to stay with you frakkers. But I'll know the area and more importantly have a car in case anyone wants to drive anywhere! So there will be no excuse as to why I won't be there unless I get deployed to the sand box. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.