main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY CELEBRATION VI PLANNING THREAD

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LordZannah, Jun 2, 2011.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Looking at Hurricane Irene and feeling a little apprehensive we'll be in the same spot next year at this time.

2. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Still working on getting to go: doesn't look good.
    \
    flights from Lexington to CVI are cheee-eeep, by the way. That might be how I go.

3. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Maybe skip work a little early Friday, fly down, take Monday off and fly back then?

Remember you're going to a family reunion (and we ARE family) in Orlando.

4. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Actually a wedding.

:)

My request is in the hopper. I looks like a go, just as long as I am avaiable via email or text durring working hours.

What can you do when you work at the Jedi Temple? Keep your fingers crossed for me gang!

5. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    Oh Jammies, Jammies, Jammies!!! [face_dancing] Waves hand in the air,"You people who are in charge of Jammies schedule, WILL LET HIM GO TO HIS FAMILIES WEDDING IN AUGUST 2012". [face_whistling] And there "ARE" weddings taking place there, and we are all "The FAMILY". [:D]

6. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Exactly! (it was Mika's idea--- but it is all true).

7. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    As RC said, Im flying down to meet up with him on Wednesday and flying back on Monday.
    Hoping my 10 year old can keep up good behavior in school between now and then. It will be his first flight & first Celebration.

8. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Whoa...May The Force Be With You indeed.

9. Kepare

Kepare Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2010
    I've officially marked the time off from work. This is a go. Now I just need to start saving.

10. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    just a simple note or idea. What iv been doing since the acknowledgment.. Iv been putting $12.50 a week in my savings.By next Aug...thats $700 .If you can save basically the cost of eating out once a week you'll be set.

11. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    that is what my wife and i are doing. we are putting aside $25 a week from her paycheck. should be around a grand by next august. can not wait.

12. Kepare

Kepare Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2010
    We're working overtime right now, so I'm putting any money over the standard 40 hours into savings.

13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Vacation time at work was just approved today. Tickets ordered! Now to get working on some more costumes.

14. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    That's great Boss!

I, however, submitted my request as soon as I found out-- and have yet to hear a yes or no. I am really doubting I can go.

Jammies

(sad face)

15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Looks like the official site has had another spruce. There's also a survey up. Tell them what you want more or less of now while they're in the planning stages. One of the options is a 5K race? I like me some 5Ks but I don't see getting up after a late night just to hump out 3 miles in the Orlando heat.

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/

16. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    Oh my! :eek: Yea, as tired as I was most of the time at C-5, I can't imagine getting up running! [face_beatup][face_hypnotized]

17. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Feels weird, we can say Celebration is *this* year instead of "next" year now that it's 2012.

Okay in Celebration news the 501st has now opened up the 501st Bash to the public. Last Celebration this party was a sell out. It's in a bigger venue this year but you really don't want to wait.

Ticket info at the official site here
    http://www.501stbash.com/

Aww who am I kidding. If I got a collectable Star Wars 5K Celebration t-shirt out of the deal I'd sign up.