main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVII Celebration VII - Anaheim CA Apr 16-19 2015

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by LAJ_FETT , May 4, 2013.

1. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    A sneak preview or premiere at a Celebration with nothing but fans would be the best way to watch it. Those trying to be completely spoiler-free until the movie might have a tough time in a STAR WARS environment. My first and only Celebration visit was Celebration V and after heavily anticipating VI, I just sort of lost interest in it in the months leading up to it and didn't go despite having a ticket. I hope the information about the guests and stuff is handled and revealed better this time than it was for CVI last year.

my kind of scum likes this.
  2. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    Wow, tickets go on sale really soon but no prices posted yet. How much were the various tickets for CVI?

3. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    I want to say that basic 4 day ticket was $140? and the VIP Jedi Knight and Master were $400 and $800?

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I just find it odd that tickets are going on sale so early. It's nearly two years out and looking at the online sites now, most hotel sites don't let you see beyond December 2014. Do they expect it to sell out or something like that?

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    It's quite literally a decade between new films, so presumably confidence is high of a sell-out...

JM_1977 likes this.
  6. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    It was $125 for tickets if you bought them early for CVI.

7. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Wow.

I feel like if Celebration is held every year it loses its luster. I'm pretty sure I actually said that before CVI, actually, too...

I kinda get the feeling that I won't be able to go next year (AGAIN...). Ugh.

8. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    ReedPop most likely just wants to start generating money for the convention now, and they know people will buy tickets as soon as they put them on sale. Booking the convention center, booking guests, and advertising are all up front costs that are much easier to deal with when you're already making money from ticket sales.

It's two years from now, not next year.

9. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    The timing of this is very similar to Episode III, at that Celebration they had a montage of scenes which was about 2-3 minutes long. My guess is that they'll do something similar. It may not affect their bottom line too much, but that would be thousands of people who might not see the film on opening day/weekend when they really want turnout to be huge. There would also be the risk of some idiot trying to film it, even just a few minutes, and then put it online. It would be cool, but it is just too damned risky, IMO.

10. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I imagine they want to give people time to save up. I mean it's easy to spend money on the ticket now and then 6 months out from the Con buy your plane tickets and book your room/villa.

11. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    What came with the expensive packages and does anyone have a report on whether it was worth it?

12. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Mary Franklin said when she did the CVII announcement that you really need two years to prepare a Celebration, and that having just one year between CVI and CEII had been too close. My reaction when they announced it was basically "Yes, not in 2014". I'm actually looking forward to spending my holiday next summer on something not SW.

Here's my picture of the reveal, notice that it only says Star Wars Celebration, not SWCVII
    [​IMG]

13. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    So glad it's coming back to the west coast.I've always had to fly across the country "except once" for this.Now it's just a short drive and it's less pressure.Plus Anaheim in April is beautiful and nice,not gross and humid with hurricane warnings every 2 mins.

14. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Great news!! I'm very excited we're going back to the schedule of Celebrations as a lead-up to a film. And of the Disney-related locations in the US, SoCal is a nicer one than central Florida (especially in August).

15. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    YAY for not having to plan flights!!

16. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    I just hope that the TFN Party is going to be A LOT closer to the convention center this year and NOT 5 miles way like it was at C5 and C6.

17. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Glad you're volunteering to host it! :D :D

PrincessKenobi likes this.
  18. Jlowe235

Jlowe235 Jedi Padawan

Jun 11, 2013
    I am in Atlanta and will be there. Tickets going on sale pretty early, but kind of glad to get them early. I just hope they post the packages before the sale starts.

19. Jlowe235

Jlowe235 Jedi Padawan

Jun 11, 2013
    It got you in early to celeb ration store, no waiting in lines and reserved seating for panels & etc. Private shopper, swag. will post detailed list later

20. Jlowe235

Jlowe235 Jedi Padawan

Jun 11, 2013

Jedi Master VIP Package - SOLD OUT!

Limited to first 50 people to purchase

• 1 CVI VIP Badge Featuring Exclusive Poster Art, designed just for VIPS
    • 1 CVI Official Show Poster, rolled and complete with poster tube
    • 1 CVI Souvenir Program Book
    • CVI VIP Concierge (Coat Check / Bag Drop / General Help)
    • Dedicated Entrance to CVI Exhibit Hall
    • Half Hour Early Access to CVI Exhibit Hall
    • Half Hour Early Access to Celebration Store
    • Personal Shopper for exclusive Star Wars merchandise. Your personal shopper will pick up your pre-ordered merchandise at the Celebration Store and deliver it to your hotel room. (Limit one shopping trip)
    • Express Access to CVI Official Store Check-Out
    • Express checkout and autograph line pass for up to six Celebration VI Autograph Sessions. Price of autographs not included.
    • Reserved Seating at Celebration Celebrity Stage
    • Reserved Seating at Digital Stage
    • Private Meet & Greet with voice actors from The Clone Wars
    • 1 of 50 (numbered) original art prints by Dave Filoni
    • Exclusive Jedi Master VIP T-shirt
    • NEW! Exclusive VIP Variant Hat
    • NEW! 10% off Entire Initial Order at Celebration VI Store
    • NEW! Access to exclusive Wednesday Night Celebration Store Shopping Party

Jedi Knight VIP Package - SOLD OUT!

Limited to first 250 people to purchase

• 1 CVI VIP Badge Featuring Exclusive Poster Art, designed just for VIPS
    • 1 CVI Official Show Poster, rolled and complete with Poster Tube
    • 1 CVI Souvenir Program Book
    • CVI VIP Concierge (Coat Check / Bag Drop / General Help)
    • Dedicated Entrance to CVI Exhibit Hall
    • Half Hour Early Access to CVI Exhibit Hall
    • Half Hour Early Access to Celebration Store
    • Express Access to CVI Official Store Check-Out
    • Express checkout and autograph line pass for up to three Celebration VI Autograph Sessions. Price of autographs not included.
    • Reserved Seating in Celebration Celebrity Stage
    • Exclusive Jedi Knight VIP T-shirt
    • NEW! 5% off Entire Initial Order at Celebration VI Store
    NEW! Access to exclusive Wednesday Night Celebration Store Shopping Party

Granger likes this.
  21. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Jeez I didn't know it was that far away.

22. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    TFN party wasn't 5 miles away. One mile at most - you did have to take one of the shuttles to it, but the Wyndham wasn't that far away.

The World Science Fiction convention was at Anaheim in 2006. Nice facility and there is a big hotel RIGHT NEXT to it. Very convenient. I would say that whoever designed the LA Convention Center had a hand in doing the Anaheim one; they're very similar.

I'll be in full spoiler-avoidance mode since I like to see movies as 'cold' as possible. I might have to wear a costume with a helmet on all weekend to do it, but I'll try. Very nice of them to give so much notice for it, so people can save up. Since it's in April 2015, they obviously want positive publicity for the movie release.

23. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Odd that tickets go on sale so soon, having just finished another Celebration event they know lots of people spent a lot of money attending.

I probably need at least a year to save again for this event.

24. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I wouldn't be in a rush, I don't think it's going to sell out. They probably just want to start getting revenue in as fast as possible, since there are so many costs involved ahead of the convention itself.

Jlowe235 likes this.
  25. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    I don't think there going to sell out right away either,but I do think it might once EPVII starts ramping up with trailers etc.I also wouldn't mind if Celebration goes back and forth from Anaheim to Orlando from now on.

Jlowe235 likes this.