main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Celebration VII Anaheim & The Literature Forum

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Mar 25, 2015.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    With C7 only a few weeks away now, the initial schedule has been posted via the mobile app (guess they'll have it online soon?). This thread will be for general discussion of news and happenings at the con as they pertain to the NU/EU & Lit folks hovering abouts.

Haven't had time to dig through every schedule entry yet, but it looks like the most notable ones will be on Saturday:

Saturday:
    11:30-12:30- New Adaptations of the Star Wars Saga from Disney Worldwide Publishing
    1:00-2:00- Star Wars Comes Home to Marvel
    2:30-3:30- Star Wars at Del Rey
    4:00-5:00- Tribute to Aaron Allston

Unfortunately the Rebels Season 2 premiere screening is at 5 also, so I might be ducking out of some of these early if I hope to get a seat...

There's also a lot of to be determined Star Wars University panels spread around, which were very interesting last time (particularly Aaron's, alas :( ).

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Please SOMEBODY steal Dave Filoni's hat this time.

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I have a feeling I'd have a harder time convincing him to come to a party this time around if I stole his hat.

EDIT- Or, I suppose, it could be incentive. "Got your hat! if you want it back, come to a party!"

"But... I was going to go anyways!"

Random Comments likes this.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    As much as I really want to see the Rebels premiere, I'm going to find it really difficult to leave Allston's tribute panel early.

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah it's a tough call. Aaron was such a great part of the last 4 Celebrations and I'd hate to miss the tribute. At the same time, I've managed to see every special TCW theatrical screening so far and would like to continue that streak with Rebels... and, quite frankly, the other panel lineups on the other days seem a bit sparse to my interests and the Rebels premiere would balance that out healthily.

Though there is a very real possibility that the line will already be cut off even if I leave the Del Rey panel early, so the choice may end up being made for me.

Come to think of it, I think that happened last time with an EU panel and the TCW screening being almost back to back- I was just lucky enough to know a VIP that could get me in as their +1, but I won't be so fortunate this time around.

6. dragonpiece

dragonpiece Jedi Knight

Aug 4, 2014
    Sorry this is my first year being part of the well..fandom. Are these panels going to be live streamed, or do we just have live tweeters and what not to give us news?

Also, there is going to be a panel with the lucasfilm story group, they could possibly tease things.

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Someone at the Marvel panel ask if there's going to be a "Star Wars" tie in to "Secret Wars"! Marvel has announced a hellova lot of Secret Wars books lately.

Basically, I just wanna see how likely it is we're gonna get a Galactus vs. Death Star book. Which I am totally okay with.

8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    No, you want Ego the Living Planet vs the Death Star!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Damn, the screenings are THAT packed? Well, there's zero chance of being able to run from the end of the Allston panel to make it, then.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

10. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002
    I'm sadly not going to be able to attend Celebration but, everyone will eventually be able to see the Season 2 premiere later. The Aaron tribute will only happen once. It would be an easy choice for me, and I really like Rebels.

11. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Yeah, I didn't go to the TCW screening last time because I had to go wait in line for Mark Hamill's panel. If you're not in line a few hours earlier, you're not going to get in. Heck, I'm worried about not getting a seat for Mark Hamill's panel this time around even with getting in line an hour beforehand. Last time they closed the room a couple of hours in advance.

Also, Jello, I'm very annoyed you're not going to be able to come to our podcast, but I will find you and give you a wristband, dammit.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Sigh. That's awful. But it's at least an easy call to go to the Allston memorial over the premiere.

And seriously, talk about scheduling problems! I'm really bummed about missing the podcast. I will gladly accept the wristband though!

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, the screenings get filled up quickly because everyone wants to go- especially since it's the "red carpet premiere" with cast & crew and such before hand.

And while one can eventually see Rebels S2 premiere at home- this'll probably be the only chance to see it theatrically. They might even edit them together for the occasion too (though they didn't do that for TCW Maul premiere).

But if it ends up being impossible to get in, I'm perfectly happy seeing the Aaron tribute.

My only remaining dilemma is deciding if I should spend the cash (and time) to get Mark to sign (if he is signing) my Rogue Leader (Mindor cover) art print- last time he charged way too much but it'd almost be worth it for that singular piece.

14. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002
  15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    geez, is EVERYTHING on Saturday??

But getting JJM is at least a nice consolation for not being able to make Rebels. I'll aim for the Luceno one too, naturally. I'll have to make some Ars Dangor comment. Although then I'll run the risk of finding out that the Ars Dangor thing had nothing to do with me, and I may have to flee the convention in tears.

16. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    The Ars Dangor thing can't have nothing to do with you, Jello. You are Ars Dangor.

17. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Hope y'all have a good time, look forward to hearing all about the event here. Nice that Aaron Allston gets a tribute, glad I got to meet him at C3.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

You don't no the untold destruction that would cause.

19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    *coughcough* IbetchaheswrittingtheEp.7novelizationsohithimupfordetails *coughcough*

That aside, I was actually only semi-joking about Marvel just cuz I'm one of those weirdos who actually does want to see a Marvel / Star Wars crossover and, seriously, Celebration is probably the best place to ask it.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Hope to get some good books announcements maybe another TCW.

darklordoftech likes this.
  21. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I can't link to Facebook while I'm at work, but Saturday is #AlohaAaron day at Celebration. Del Rey will be giving out copies of Mercy Kill at their booth. Be sure to wear a terrible Hawaiian shirt in honor of Aaron that day.

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    That is indeed the plan!

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

23. DarthBarrister

DarthBarrister Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2014
    My three year old and I (He's going to wind up being a bigger fan than I) are only coming down from Portland for Friday. I am really bummed about the Allston panel being on Saturday. Oh well. He's going to want to go to the Lego thing, and he gets to meet Mark Hamill. That will be a good photo op for me.

24. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    That reminds me; you're my officially-designated swag collector. It's in your ETE contract.

25. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    I hope I can pick up an ARC of Lords of the Sith at this. I need to find out just how much Ryloth has been destroyed.