main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Celebration VII

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by xanatos1975, Jul 28, 2013.

1. xanatos1975

xanatos1975 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2004
  2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Anaheim, called it...wish it wasn't so far away, I guess I went to CIV in LA I can go to this. Can't believe tickets are already going to go on sale. I'm more concerned about getting my room and air travel plans squared away. I don't even know if I'll be off that weekend from work or not...it's just too far off. At least it's plenty of time to save up money. Who thinks they might go?

3. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    too far out to say yet for me and the wife. cost of the con, plane, and hotel may be too much for us, even this far out. plus that is during school for me

4. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    We are planning on it. Chuck has family in Arizona... might be time for that month of vacation out west. We'll do Celebration first and finish it with his family. =D=

5. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    Alas, this is probably another I will not be attending. Financial difficulties are worse than ever right now, and I don't see that clearing up any time soon.

6. xanatos1975

xanatos1975 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2004
    I'm in the same boat as twister... don't see me makin it to this one... but who knows... when it draws nearer i may take a look at the budget and see what i got lol

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    So has anyone in the group ever been to Anaheim? Know anybody that has? Have any tips? I'm gonna try asking around work.

8. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Nope. I thought it was a suburb in LA-- but that can't be correct as people in LA were commenting that Celebration wasn't going to be in their town.

9. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  10. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    OH man!! now how is somebody suppose to keep up with what "C's" they went too. I would just be willing to bet, if the fan base raised enough noise it would be returned. (or we could just do a Jedi mind trick on 'em or maybe point a blaster in their direction) Just throwing it out there.

11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  12. Darth Lupine

Darth Lupine Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 14, 2013
    $900 for a ticket?? For that price the Emperor better be there to teach me the Dark Side, along with a real lightsaber. Damn...

VoxDeamonicus likes this.
  13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I wouldn't mind a Jedi Knight ticket. You basically get 3 autograph "line jumps" which can save you hours depending on the celeb, reserved seating for panels (so you don't get shut out), a package drop off service, express check out in the Celebration store which saves even more time, and a VIP lounge to put your feet up and decompress. At CIV when they still had the Hyperspace Fan Club, members got a special VIP lounge and it was really nice to relax and recharge on site without having to go all the way back to your room and a place to toss all your swag was very valuable...who wants to walk around all day carrying their stuff?

14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yup, 30 minutes after they went on sale all the VIPs are sold out. They may have sold out sooner but I didn't get out of the ticket queue for a half an hour.

Since I couldn't get a Jedi Knight I'll just wait til closer to CVII to get tickets (if I go).

15. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    my only problem with the VIP tickets, is that they can hurt those of us who can't afford that much money. There were several panels I wanted to go to, but got shut out because it was filled up with the VIP holders before any of us normal badge holders could even get in.

16. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I miss the fan club, and the fan club lounge.

I'm with Vox on the VIP stuff. Must be nice to be in the 1%.

17. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Well Vox... if you and Beck can swing a months vacation.. your welcome to ride out with us. We have our huge Star Destroyer with full crew compartments. Taking our time out, spending some time at Disney Land, taking our time back. Just throwing it out there. Think about it.

18. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    we'll have to see where we are when we get closer, since money is tight with us. here's hoping!.

19. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  20. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    in this case guys, Ignorance is bliss. I don't know what I have missed so it's hard to miss it....lol.

21. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Looks like you can start getting flights for April now so I have my plane tickets. I have a reserved hotel room, I guess all I need now are con tickets. I'm really going to have to plan out what to take since I just can't haul everything in a car like I did going down to Orlando.

22. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    We are now all planned out as to hotel room, tickets purchased.. just need to map the best route there and back. Yea... chomping at the bit at this point. We are already only 7 and 1/2 months away. Oh muh goodness....!!!

23. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Still planning on driving it?

24. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
  25. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Time to see the country again[face_dancing]