main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Celebration VII

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by xanatos1975, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Agreed. However, the reason why remains elusive to me. Perhaps it was the venue, which was way too small for sixty thousand star warriors. Maybe it was the feeling that the fan groups didn't bring their a game (or a-props) perhaps due to Mary Franklin leaving Lucasfilm.

Still, I had a great time and went to some neat panels and shows. It was way better than C2 or C3. But something was off and I'm interested to read the Boss's post as to why.

Jammies
    \everyone saw the trailer but us, and we were there. Weird. They didn't rerun it, and none of us waited four days in line to see it on Wednesday morning.

2. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    Interested here as well.

3. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I did learn that Hutt's are no longer hermaphrodites, maybe that is what has Mika underwhelmed.

4. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    Lol! I wonder why they changed that.

5. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    I guess this one just lacked a "wow factor" for me. Sure we got a great Force Awakens trailer but you can watch that online. The facility was way too small for the crowd and the show floor and the booths seemed very basic and underwhelming. The Celebration Store looked like it was the same size and had the same number of check outs as Orlando but there was a 2hour wait to even get in the store and another 2 to check out. Everything was very inefficient. Long lines for whatever you wanted to do. The facility had a nice connecting plaza outside where con goers could hang out and take pictures and visit and food trucks could park, but if all the people hanging outside would have tried to come in all at once with the people already in there there's no way the Convention Center would have held everyone. The 501st Bash was very basic, large undecorated ballroom with a band playing wedding reception type music. The Rebel Legion Charity Dinner was nice and raised over $8000 for Variety Children's Charity. The autograph area had pretty much the same guests we're used to, would have liked more Clone Wars voice actors, don't need Jabba's left arm or every Ewok to put on a costume. Liked having all the Star Wars authors in one place. If we're lucky we have an author come through the area about once a year so it was nice to have access to so many at once. The costumes were good but as Jammies said to me I'm done with all the Star Wars Mash Up costumes. So yeah the word for CVII was "Underwhelming".

Went to Disneyland after the Con and was underwhelmed by that as well. Very cheezy and dated. I guess I'm just a Universal Orlando guy.

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Ugh, can't get my photos downloaded, really cheezing me off.

Kudos to Appo and Zannah for loaning me their exhibitor badges so I could shop the Celebration Store before the con opened.

This time I went just as a fan and didn't sign up for any commitments with the fan groups and that really worked out well for my mental health, didn't miss trooping at all.

Apparently there were quite a bit of line screw ups in the evenings as well, glad I didn't try to go to the evening panels/events.
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-official-celebration-anaheim-feedback-thread.50029118/page-2

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    One of the highlights for me from Celebration was seeing the Smuggler's Bounty audio drama live. The video is up on the Star Wars YouTube channel. Close your eyes and you'd swear David Collins is Harrison Ford and Tom Kane does a really good C3PO as well.

8. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008