main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Celebration: What Do You Hope/Expect To See

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by hippie1kenobi, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    I'm hoping for a trailer, but I definitely think there will be a teaser poster and maybe a behind-the-scenes/photoshoot picture or two. Don't know what the story is with The Avengers trailer tie-in though, considering AoU comes out here a week before it does in the US.

2. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    I think the trailer that will be attached to Avengers will be screened at Celebration. Celebration is only two weeks before Avengers is released (one week before international release dates, apparently), so it's close enough to when it'll be in theaters that it could work. They'll obviously still have to worry about some phone recordings from fans at Celebration, but those would be such low quality that it's pretty low stakes.

Forbidden Island likes this.
  3. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Since they announced the Journey to... books already, it almost seems like they have to show a new trailer at Celebration. They have to announce or show something, don't they? Or do you think the Rebels season 2 debit and Battlefront stuff will be the big stories?

sigh

4. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I just realized I'm going to have to avoid seeing pictures of Celebration because people might be in costumes for the movie.

5. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    The Celebration schedule is nuts. So many conflicts already and there are a few panels still listed as "coming soon." It'll be an exhausting four days for sure.

6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Aw, poor you... [face_plain]

;)

DarthWilliams likes this.
  7. Lanoree

Lanoree Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2015
    Wish I could be there. I'll have to find out all the good stuff from one of my Star Wars podcasts.

8. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Since I have to sell my ticket, the only thing I'm looking forward to about it now is the Battlefront trailer and hopefully some gameplay. Dare I hope for a release date?

9. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    Obviously don't want to derail the topic at hand, but I asked this in another thread: are the podcasts you listen to spoiler-free? If so, what ones do you listen to? I've been looking for some new podcasts but don't want to accidentally be spoiled by listening to one.

10. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I except to see nothing, since I won't be there.

11. Lanoree

Lanoree Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2015

Basically, these days I get all my SW news from The Secrets of Star Wars with Father Roderick, Rebel Force Radio, Radio 1138 and Fangirls Going Rogue and a bunch of other SW related shows under the Shotglass digital banner. They're pretty good about not revealing big spoilers, and Father Roderick is good about that too. If they do, they warn listeners in advance. I wouldn't say they are 100% spoiler free though.

12. hippie1kenobi

Apr 28, 2002
    So, there is a rumor going around, not about the film but about what may happen with the panel with Abrams and Kennedy. Is that cool to talk about since it isn't rumor about the film itself?

13. Bobatron

Sep 3, 2012
    I carefully visited the official site to look at the t-shirts. They sure are better than the ones for Celebration V. I spent my first half hour at CV looking for the merchandise area only to discover The Endless Summer shirt was ridiculously severely distressed.

14. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    I'd assume so. Are you referring to the panel being broadcast to theaters worldwide? Or just the general hope/expectation/assumption that there will be a new trailer revealed?

15. hippie1kenobi

Apr 28, 2002
    The former leading to the latter. :)

I can't imagine they would simulcast a panel at a geek convention unless there is something big to be revealed. I'm hoping for a trailer and the poster, minimum.

16. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    Any word if the panel will be streaming online at all?

17. hippie1kenobi

Apr 28, 2002
    Somebody asked that on (I think) one of the official twitter feeds and never got a response. My guess would be that they still want it to be special so the answer would be no. I still hope/assume that the trailer will be shown and then online shortly after.

18. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    I'd say that's a given. They don't want to spend weeks tracking down and pulling phone-shot videos from YouTube. If they show a trailer, it'll get out there via the Internet, so might as well present it in high quality.

Lando Swarm likes this.
  19. hippie1kenobi

Apr 28, 2002
    No, I'd say it's a Givin.

[​IMG]

20. hippie1kenobi

Apr 28, 2002
    Really starting to regret my decision to not go to Celebration. Bah.

21. Bobatron

Sep 3, 2012
    I would have gone if it were after The Force Awakens opened, maybe.
    I saw the guest list. I expected to see more new cast members but that might have happened if the movie were coming out next month.

22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    TigerCraneFist likes this.
  23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    That's awesome! Makes me slightly less sad not to be there.

EHT likes this.
  24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    And the general consensus / expectation is that the new trailer will be officially online (on YouTube, etc.) immediately after the Thursday panel that Kennedy and Abrams will be at (which is expected to show the trailer first).

25. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Yup, as all exclusive footage will be included in the stream:
    https://twitter.com/starwars/status/588026565709193219

[face_dancing]