main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Celebration: What Do You Hope/Expect To See

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by hippie1kenobi, Feb 18, 2015.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Right, but I meant that it would be available on its own and separate from the 30 hours of ongoing panel streaming too. :)

2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, what I meant is that that will happen, whether the powers-that-be would want to do it or not, since crafty fans would fix that immediately anyhow. So it's pretty certain TPTB will release it directly.
    Just backing up what you posted :)

3. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Ah, got it. ;) By the way, I doubt that it's too much of an issue here in the NSA forum, but please note the following rule:

---------

2) Policy on Bootleg and Fake Teaser/Trailers/Movie Clips

With a teaser already released and more on the way (hopefully), the following policy will be enforced:

Absolutely NO bootleg copies of teasers, trailers or movie footage will be allowed. If posted, the post will be removed and the user will be banned.

Absolutely NO linking to bootleg copies of teasers, trailers, or movie footage will be allowed. If posted, the post will be removed and the user will be banned.

Asking someone to PM you a copy of a bootleg teaser, trailer, or movie footage is not allowed and your post will be removed.

Any thread that is made with a fake and/or fanmade teaser, trailer, or movie footage -done with intent to trick others or not- will be locked and removed. ONLY officially released teasers and trailers will be allowed to have their own threads.

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    And here I was gonna start a thread or three about a bootleg copy of a fan trailer, while asking people to PM me more links to it.

I guess I'll skip that then.

5. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
  6. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    For those in Central European Summer Time zone, and who are too lazy to look it up, that's 7pm, or 19:00 :)

7. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
  8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

9. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup, 30 minutes to go. [face_dancing]

Darkslayer likes this.
  10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I just wish I could be there! Alas, college :(

11. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    This is one of those times where the tranquillity here may be better than the nonsense in SA. This morning is just people making the same two posts over and over again: asking when it starts, or updating the countdown every 30 seconds.

"You're talking a lot, but you're not saying anything.
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed.
    Say something once, why say it again?" - Talking Heads

Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  12. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    So... 3 minutes, and I'm signing off.
    See you guys on the other side! :)

13. Forbidden Island

Forbidden Island Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2015
    did they make a poster?

14. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    As far as I know no poster has been released.

15. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Posted this in the other applicable (I thought) thread, but I figured it should go here too:

Okay, for all of you unwary travelers heading to the interwebz for Battlefront information, be forewarned that there is a planet spoiler in the preorder information. It looks like the core game can be played early without spoiling anything, but the DLC definitely ties to TFA.

16. hippie1kenobi

Apr 28, 2002
    Yeah, I think it is cool how they are doing that. Nothing too spoilery, but those that are HCSF can skip the DLC until after the 18th.

17. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I guess this is the place to put this, but can anyone tell me if there was anything at Celebration about the movie being in 3D or not.

18. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    It shows at the end of the Teaser 2 trailer that it's in 3D...hope that helps!

19. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    This, however it wasn't shot in 3D.

20. Bobatron

Sep 3, 2012
    Hm. That's good to know.

21. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    That's good, since I'll be watching it in 2D!

22. Bobatron

Sep 3, 2012
    I will want to watch in 3D, but I don't know. I haven't chosen the 3D option of a movie since... that's just it, I can't remember if I saw Star Trek Into Darkness and Iron Man 3 in 3D. If not those then it was Top Gun when it was re-released two years ago.

23. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I saw Pacific Rim in 3D, only because someone else was paying. It was OK I guess? The movie was great without any 3D wizardry.

24. hippie1kenobi

Apr 28, 2002
    If a film sucks, 3D won't save it. If a film is good, 3D can sometimes distract (sepcially when it is post conversion, and not created ground-up with 3D in mind). I'll see TFA in 2D first and may be see IMAX 3D later.

Dewback likes this.
  25. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Only seen one movie in 3D, and that was Avatar. While it's a neat effect at times, I do find it distracting, as well as somewhat headache inducing.
    I'm looking forward to seeing TFA in good ol' 2D :)