main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Celebration

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by raiza123, Jan 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Ok. Celebration was mentioned in the last meeting and I was wondering when & where that is again? I'd like to go and wanted to gather more info. Any links?? Any & all info. welcome.

Melanie :)

2. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    Nothing "offical" has been posted yet, but unoffically everyones talking about Indy again. The dates are unoffically 4/22 - 4/24, 2005. Some pretty big people are spreading the word and posting all over the Net. I had a friend call one of the ladies his is real close with at Gen Con and she confirmed the above. Now all us Star Wars fans are waiting for is the offical announcement and then watch out. well not really, a lot of hotels wont let you book so far in advance, but Im getting the biggest suite I can. Better end this before someone falls asleep.

3. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Fall asleep??! Never!! We'd be too afraid to! :D Thank you for replying. Indy in April- Brrrr (the Floridian says..) So far away!!!
    Well, it'll be something we can look forward to after Megacon and what else??
    Had a blast hanging with everyone at FX and can't wait to see what is next. I feel dwarfed in your knowledge of collecting but we all have to have our talents, right? We just have to see an inventory of your stuff, compare it against Campbell's and see who is the King Collector. Any bets anyone? Well, all rumors or facts regarding Celebration, please keep us posted!

Melanie

4. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Thank the Maker.
    Here it is, kids, the promised land. The official site has finally officially announced Celebration III. And it's a day longer!

5. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Hyperspace has Celebration's entire itin. each day, every hour, which rooms have what already. WOW! I think I'm going to book the van now. Cheaper that way. Dale, I know you said some hotels don't book this far out but some do. As a travel agent I think I'm going to start looking in my system at work. Did anyone go to this event before and know which hotels I should be looking at?
    All info. welcome regarding Celebration II
    Melanie

6. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    The new logo for C3 has been released. As ESB is my favorite episode, I'm very glad to note that, like the C2 logo, it's a variation on an Empire theme. This time it's the old Vader in flames image. For a look, see TOS.

Another part of 2005's SW calendar comes further into focus.

7. JimmySizzleChest

JimmySizzleChest Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2004
    not nearly as cool as megacon and celebration but this past weekend saw the straw berry festival and two to three weeks befor saw the crawfish festival. if you squint and twist your head around the crawfish can look terryifying ::>

P

8. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I've heard good things about the less-terrifying Strawberry Festival. When in Kentucky look for the Wooly Worm Festival in Bath County.

9. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    That festival sounds so much more fun than the St. Patricks Day festival. Where if you squint your eyes the wrong way you fall over :D
    You wouldn't know anything about that would you Pablo? Or is Jimmy? Or P?

Melanie :)

10. JimmySizzleChest

JimmySizzleChest Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2004
    any of the names are fine :>

11. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    If you're friends with P, well then you're friends with me.

12. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    How cute. :p You're a poet and did you know it?

Melanie

13. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    those weren't actually my words, they were a Rental.

14. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    So has anyone gotten their C3 arrangements made yet?

Melanie

15. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    hey here is the official site...

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/

16. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    For those of us that haven't secured a hotel reservation for Celebration3, and hope to go, it's time to get a move on. Many of the hotels are filling up. Got any good tips on places to stay? Drop a line. -Campbell

17. JediRecon

JediRecon Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2002
    I've heard that www.starwarscelebration.com has reserved chunks of rooms in 1400-room blocks from various hotels. The Hyatt (where Aaron, Ia, my fiancee (Christie), and I want to stay) says it's booked, but that could be due to the enormous booking of www.starwarscelebration.com. That website says rooms will go on sale through them later this summer! So keep a sharp eye out. In Indianapolis, several hotels are hooked up to the convention center with above-ground walkways (I'm guessing due to snow). The Hyatt is one of these. Supposedly the website booked them all in order to make sure starwars fans can all be there together. Personally, Celebration II was awesome and I can't wait for Celebration III!

From http://www.starwarscelebration.com:

Details about programming, guests, activities, entertainment and exclusive merchandise at Celebration III will be released as they are confirmed closer to the convention. The main places to check for information will be www.starwars.com, the official site, and www.starwarscelebration.com. Online ordering for admission to the event and for discounted hotel rooms is scheduled to begin late this summer.

We can?t give many details quite yet, but rest assured that there is a long, long list of exceptional surprises to look forward to. We?ll reveal those surprises in the Community section of www.starwars.com and at www.starwarscelebration.com.

I can't wait!

18. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    You're not alone, Stewart. The air's beginning to buzz a little with the thought of Celebration3. It appears the official hotel of the Orlando System just may be The Courtyard Downtown Indy hotel. Dale and his large gang, Susan and husband, Campbell and his Canadian friend, and Melanie all have reservations there. What other places are people staying? -CE

http://marriott.com/property/propertyPage/INDDC

19. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    How long are you guys going for? The whole week or just the weekend?

L8r

20. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Going up Wednesday and coming back Monday. So almost a whole week.

Dale

21. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Mike, it's a chunk of change, and it requires a fair bit of time off, but this thing is amazing. I went to C2 and didn't know a soul. In the Indy airport I made friends. Everybody there wants to talk about Star Wars. Even standing in line was fun because all of the sudden everybody you saw was a fan.

If you're even close to teetering, start saving now and get thee to C3. CE

22. MarasBlade

MarasBlade Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2000
    We're going up on Wednesday and coming back Monday. I loved C1 and C2-can't wait for C3! I'm sure it will be awesome! I met a lot of really great people at both celebrations.

23. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Tickets, and presumably the official block of rooms thru Lucasfilm, should be on sale around September according to the recent grapevine.

24. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Mike, I know you're busy but do we have a countdown clock for Celebration? We should. Just a suggestion.

Melanie

25. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    When is the exact date/time?

L8r

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.