main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Celebration

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by raiza123, Jan 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    the dates for C3 are april 21st thru april 24th,,,rooms are open but not thru the fan club yet, and tickets are going to go on sale in september.

more info is on www.starwarscelebration.com

2. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    And now there's actually a reason to venture back to SWC.com- Registration begins in 2 days- that's Monday the 27th, folks. -Campbell

3. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    So I took the plunge.
    They've charged me $97.95 (4-day badge and Vader topper). I can't think of any great reson to have registered so early other than to be one of the first. And to stretch the expenses over a wider swath of time.

To sign up you must register for a Gen*Con login. During the purchase process there is a spot for "discounts." As I clicked on through I thought that there's a decent chance that there will be a discount or 2 offered to me in the next 7 months, but decided to leap anyhow because honestly, based on what I saw at C2, $95 is not an unreasonable price to pay for the fun that'll be had.

If you're considering making this purchase, note that the passes won't be mailed out until about March, so you're paying for an e-mail at this point. The good news is that you've gotten that hurdle behind you. That small peace of mind is worth it to me. -Campbell

Who's even considering it at this point? I imagine Sharon and Dale and I are probably the only definites. Am I right?

4. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Right now I don't think I'll have the finances nor the vacation time available during that time of the year. It does sound like it'll be a blast, though. Especially considering it's on the eve of EIII.

L8r

5. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    I'm still wanting to go. I have to do some creative financing between the upcoming holidays, scuba trips and living expenses. Somewhere in there I need to find a little extra money for C3. So don't count me out yet.

Melanie

6. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I suggest dropping any hokey religions this holiday season and saving a bundle of credits.

7. LoboStele

LoboStele Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2002
    Count me and Ia in! :)

I think our friends Christie and Spencer are planning to go as well.

- Aaron

8. JediRecon

JediRecon Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2002
    Yeah, Aaron we are planning on going. Though I've discovered the unpleasant fact that exams start on April 26-May 2nd. Grrrrr. Road trip up and extremely fast road trip back home!

9. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    No fun. Maybe save your strength at the end of the days (avoid the parties), and get a bit of review in each evening? All best, in that department.

Consider taking up the conversation over here, so we can keep it in one place: http://fanforce.roguezeppo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23&sid=cd81146627dea69c0821183801d018a3
    Anyone have a video set up? Several of us talk about making a fanfilm that never follow through. Well, I'm an idea man, and that's my MO. What say we make a film about the ragtag rebels of Orlando venturing north to Indy?

Expect that same idea to be reposted at the New Republic, RogueZeppo's. -Campbell

10. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Greetings from Eastern NC!

Hey Dale! Hope you had a good holiday. I see you're making the trip to Indy in April. Kevin and I will be heading up there also (as well as a couple of guys I went to C2 with). Have you made any hotel plans yet? I'd love to catch up with you again.

11. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Dalton,

Hey whats going on? Not too much ehre the holidays were good to me, got quite a few Star Wars things, along with a bunch of clothes and gift certificates. How is everything going up in Greenville? Yes Im going to C3 and Ive already got a room at the Courtyard Marriott. So far Im by myself, trying to talk the girlfriend into going. Not sure if is she yet. Let me know what youre up to. Tell Kevin and the rest of the crew I caid hello.

Dale

12. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    so where is everyone staying at celebration? aaron and i need to make plans asap!

13. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    I think I'm grabbing a floor somewhere . . .

L8r

14. MarasBlade

MarasBlade Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2000
    Ric and I are at the Courtyard Marriott by the convention center
    Susan

15. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey Dale -

We're doing well around here. Getting back into the old routine now that the holidays are finally over. We're booked at the Embassy Suites, so we're not too far from you. (Beats the heck out of the Airport Days Inn we were at for C2). Kevin is trying to figure out which costumes he wants to bring. He's got a Royal Guard that's he had and a Darth Vader he just finished. He has some Stormtrooper armor, but it needs a little work. I don't have any costumes, though I've been debating looking into an Imperial Officer or a simple Jedi outfit. I need something close to regular clothes. Anything requiring helmets or a whole lot of bulky clothing might drive me crazy! :p I'm planning on being at the FF/501st/RL party, so I'll see you there if not before. As it gets closer, maybe we can exchange cell numbers beforehand and meet up. Take care!

16. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Dalton,

Sounds good. Maybe Ill be able to bring you those other Star Tours figures that you need also. Just let me know. Take care, and Ill see you soon.

Dale

17. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    So, Dale, I have this cloak sitting around my place in a box and I believe it is yours for a small price....its been right by the door for a few months

hint hint :p

18. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Ia,

Name the place, time and price and ill be there. I was just thinking about that today and was going to post something, im glad you did. Let me know and ill get it off your hands asap. You still got my number, because i dont have yours. ill pm it to you.

Dale

19. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    Was wondering if anyone wanted to carpool up to Indiana. Looking for folks to split the gas and share the driving. I was going to rent a car and drive up. I live in the Daytona Beach area and most of the people there are not going. Any takers. Post it in here, or send me a private message, either one works.

20. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    We were going to carpool, but we fell a person short to make it affordable, so a few days ago we all made arrangements to fly. You might want to post in the Southeastern FanForce area to grab someone else's attention in the Central Florida area.

L8r

21. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Forja- Also, you may want to at least check the prices of flights. Roguescribner and I just purchased ours this week for $141 apiece through Expedia. I was deadset for driving this past year, then out of the blue, the circumstances, and the price ratio of cheap flight versus rising gas costs completely swayed me to the sky. (Might) see you there! -Campbell

22. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    I also just bought two tickets, and only paid 341$ for the set. Same flight time as Mike and Campbell.

23. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    Hey I am the ACR and cheif costumeor for Tampa group, perhaps our groups can hook up at C3. We are planning on flying up the day before and leaving the day after the convention ends. We are flying out of Tampa on Southwestern for $138.40 round trip per person and staying at the Marriott right next to the convention center. We are so psyched for this event and the more the merrier.

24. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    I think there is about 5 of us from Orlando going. We would be glad to hang out some.

25. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Annya, will you be attending the FanForce Party on Friday night? That might be a good place to meet. -Campbell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.