main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Celebrity Guests Announcements

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by jeykey, Jan 6, 2016.

1. jeykey

jeykey Jedi Master

Jun 27, 2013
    maybe it's a bit (too) early,
    but we can start to guess which guests might be coming ?
    i'm wondering if we'll see some actors from TFA

KendallByrd likes this.
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'd think we'd at least see those based in the UK unless they have other commitments.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  3. Glove4sale

Glove4sale Jedi Padawan

Dec 30, 2015
    I think its a bit bad there has been no definite names or talks announced even after most of the days have sold out. As has been said the normal regular UK ones should at least have been cert even if they do drop out last min. I would have thought they could at lest have teased some big names by now.

4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    During the last events the guests, and the whole program, have been announced fairly close to the date. I think too late in many cases, but I guess they count on that information isn't really that important since they don't need it to build excitement and get people to buy tickets. After all the tickets are already sold out.

5. Glove4sale

Glove4sale Jedi Padawan

Dec 30, 2015
    I am sure it will be a great event but feel as you said they don't have to do anything to get us to buy tickets. Shame they can't just tease us with some of the stars they know they have booked.

6. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I don't know if this is the case with Reed Pop/LFL, but sometimes organisers don't want to announce guests too early, as the earlier the announcement, the bigger the chance, that something will come up to prevent the guest from coming - as other work commitments.

Also; do we know who is taking over after OfficialPix?

7. Glove4sale

Glove4sale Jedi Padawan

Dec 30, 2015
    I saw another post about that what does that mean for the event ?

8. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    Likely nothing.

I believe I have read Reed Pop/LFL talking about there being signing guests at the event, so I don't think the absense of Official Pix will mean anything in terms of guests.
    Of couse a new Company could have an entire different way of managing the lines, ticket sales ect.

9. Glove4sale

Glove4sale Jedi Padawan

Dec 30, 2015
    Oh I see on the Star Trek event it was a token system and a few quid for the pic

10. KendallByrd

KendallByrd Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2016
    I actually rediscovered this forum looking for info on this topic. I've been watching all official outlets and even downloaded the app........but it all still shows info for Aneheim from last year. Hopefully they will swing into gear soon, we are only 4 months out! I would think Episode VIII would be wrapped by July, but I do hope the main cast are all there.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  12. Aaron Halvorson

Aaron Halvorson Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 13, 2016
    Well, we're nearly 3.5 months away from Celebration London 2016 and still no guest announcements. Anyone want to shoot a guess as to why they're waiting so long to make those announcements?

CaptainRegor and KendallByrd like this.
  13. KendallByrd

Feb 28, 2016
    I got this non-helpful generic reply from Reed Exhibitions last week after I submitted an email to them:

Hello Ken.

I do apologize we still are finalizing everything for the show. We do not have information yet, but please keep checking back on the website for more information and please sign up to receive the Newsletter for all updates and announcements.

14. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Hopefully they'll announce something soon. I know 2 people who are holding back from getting the tickets until a bit more info is released.

KendallByrd likes this.
  15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I don't know if there are any tickets left. They might have waited too long..

16. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Just checked, there are still single day tickets left. But yeah, it could be sold out soon.

17. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    After they released more tickets (back in January I think) they haven't sold out... "I have a bad feeling about this" you know with overcrowding...
    But on the subject... WHY, Oh WHY! Won't they tell us anything? :_|

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    According to TFN Main, it's now 100 days until Celebration. The article says we should start seeing announcements soon..

jawajames and CaptainRegor like this.
  19. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    From the FAQ on the official site:

CaptainRegor likes this.
  20. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012

Still that could only be the schedule, but no seams like they aren't going to annonce them before that either...

21. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    I hope you're right. But i imagine, if that was the case, it would have said:
    "Celebration's schedule for autograph signings will be published one month from the convention."

There is not much difference and English is not my first language, but I still think there is a difference.

But whether it is one or the other, I hope they get their act together and announce something soon. If it is the guests them self and not the Schedule, then I hope they just use that month as kind of a "latest time" of announcement. I see no reason to wait untill all is in the bag so to speak, before they announce them, They can give them to us in smaller batches af OP did.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  22. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    Will guests be there all three days? I know this year won't be finalised yet but with other years were they there all three days?

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Depends on the guests' schedules. If they are filming or otherwise busy their time might be limited to just the one day. We won't really know until the schedule is published.

Chunkydumb likes this.
  24. KendallByrd

Feb 28, 2016
    Got a response from Lucasfilm PR--no info but shows they do answer--may take weeks but......

Thank you for your patience on a response! As we get closer to the event, information about guests and programming will continue to be announced; you may have seen that Warwick Davis was just announced as the celebrity host for the Celebration Stage! This is quite common for events of this nature. As for concerns about overbooking the facility, I checked with our events team and was assured that the ticket sales reflect a fairly conservative capacity number for the space. It is important to us that our fans enjoy their experience at Celebration, and we wouldn’t want people feeling like sardines on the show floor!

Thanks again for reaching out, we’re glad to know you’re as excited for Celebration as we are!

Chunkydumb and CaptainRegor like this.
  25. Luke4soph

Luke4soph Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    How much closer do they want to get?!?! Would be nice to have abit of info and guest announcements by now

CaptainRegor and KendallByrd like this.