main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Celebrity Guests Announcements

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by jeykey, Jan 6, 2016.

1. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Could be a suprise guest. Seams the rumor about Lucasfilm/Disney not wanting TFA singers are true. Considering Rian Johnson gonna be there the filming is defintivly taking a break + John has wrapped.

2. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

I agree that the prices are insane, but we shouldn't blame the talent. They don't determine those prices, the companies that bring them to the conventions and organize the autographing process does it.

That said, they should take a stand against it.

3. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Yeah, and they know they can take a high price for Mark because people are gonna pay it. Covers all expenses for him + other expenses + profit...
    "Greed can be a powerful ally" - Qui-Gon

SensationalSean likes this.
  4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The more I think about the prices, the more irritated I become. If I were to pay for Fisher's and Hamill's autographs, it would cost me more than we payed for the plane tickets between Sweden and England (both ways) for two people.

That's ****ing nuts!

5. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Oh, wow your flight is cheap! (haha)
    I get your point though, prices are crazy high!

6. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014

We should bombard the companies charging this money with this quote.

The problem is that some people will pay this money and that legitimizes the practice. The only way to stop it is to put up a united front and that isn't going to happen.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  7. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    The simple answer is not to pay. If there's no line for Hamill etc. you can be sure that the powers-that-be will reconsider their pricing. But as long as people keep paying the prices, they'll keep increasing until they eventually do cross over that line.

8. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    As a signing/photo op, sadly yes. But I'm hoping they'll be there as surprise guests in the Future Filmmakers/Closing Panel and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if John goes out on the show floor in some sort of stormtrooper or clone mask like he did last year and at SDCC.

9. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    And there is your clue! If somebody is wearing just a mask, it's a celebritiy!

ChrisLyne likes this.
  10. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, I think Mark did it with a Hulk mask at SDCC as well

CaptainRegor likes this.
  11. Luke4soph

Luke4soph Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    I emailed the convention people about mark hamills price saying its disgusting how high it is and that how can they expect people to afford it when we fork out alot for the event any way, they replied with
    Hi

the prices are established by the guest and the event

I am sorry if this puts it out of your price range but the event will have many other aspects for you to enjoy

Regards

Zoe

12. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    I emailed the convention people about mark hamills price saying its disgusting how high it is and that how can they expect people to afford it when we fork out alot for the event any way, they replied with
    Hi

the prices are established by the guest and the event

I am sorry if this puts it out of your price range but the event will have many other aspects for you to enjoy

Regards

Zoe

13. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    This hole event seems to of been ran by idiots who cant organise a thing!! Think it might be my first and last celebration as sad as it is to say! Hasnt met my expectations yet at all

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  14. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    This is a typical buck passing response. Based on a note on the Celebration site's Autograph Hall page, this is the company responsible:

http://www.conventionphotoshoots.com/

Email your grievances to them! I certainly will be.

15. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014

And me

16. Luke4soph

Apr 16, 2016
    Out of curiosity does anyone know if lets say i pay for an autograph off mark hamill, if the queue is short enough will i be able to have a quick photo with him?? Or will he say no pay for a photo op if you want a photo??

17. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Even if it was ReedPop wouldn't allow it. They want you to pay for that! Probably gonna go so far that you aren't even allowed to take a photo of him signing with some random fan

18. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I went back to an old thread from 2007, and managed to find people crying daylight robbery about Mark's price of £85 at the first Celebration Europe. It's funny how times have changed and that £85 is looking pretty good right now. (Similar to people complaining about petrol prices!)

SensationalSean and KendallByrd like this.
  19. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014

Can't believe that! I'd kill for Mark to be £85 at this point. Crazy money.

SensationalSean and KendallByrd like this.