main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Celestials and the Force.

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The Shadow Collective, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Shadow Collective

The Shadow Collective Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 21, 2013
    I was thinking about the force and how mysterious and omnipresent it seems to be, but then the celestials are equally mysterious and lived so long ago that nearly no one knows anything about them, and they are supposed to be super-evolved / technologically advanced beings, what if they someone created the force itself. Or discovered it and were responsible for people being force users, by genetically modifying species with their own -nanobot like- creations the midichlorians?

Just a thought as ive always been interested between the link between the two, and the celestials are supposedly meant to go on to "become" the force weilders like the ones, although ive never understood if that is the case, then how comes there are only three force weilders and they are supposed to be a family unit!
    Like i said just my own ideas / theories, as since theres no official info all we have is our own speculation and theories.

Thoughts anyone?

2. The Star Wars Archivist

The Star Wars Archivist Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013
    I can tell you that no one created the Force in Star Wars. Nor did anyone create Midichlorians.

zompusbite likes this.
  3. twowolves

twowolves Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2013
    I've always thought the Celestials (also known as the Architects, right? The ones responsible for creating the Cron Drift, Centerpoint, etc) were so proficient in wielding the Force that they were able to transcend the need for physical bodies. I thought of them as an analog of the Ancients in Stargate.

4. zompusbite

zompusbite Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 3, 2014
    The celestials doesn't exist. It is just a ******** created by TCW to explain their stupid theory about the prophecy of the chosen one. GL is really stupid for allowing this theory to be canon and contradict his films (the midi-chlorians are the only intermediate of the force and no one else).

BARDAN EDIT: Profanity must be starred out.

5. twowolves

twowolves Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2013
    I respect your passion, Youngling, but I still feel the idea of an ancient, unknown race that created things like Centerpoint and the Cron Drift are kind of cool. I like the Stargate-esque vibe. While I agree that the midi-chlorians concept was strained, at best, and at worst, a deus ex machina of the worst kind, let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. Such a race of beings would explain where the Rakata picked up a lot of their technology, since they were known for conquering and assimilating anything useful.

zompusbite and BultarSwan like this.
  6. zompusbite

Sep 3, 2014
    Sorry for that. That will not happen again anymore.

7. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    THANK YOU.

8. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    The Celestial theory already existed in the EU before TCW, zompusbite.

9. zompusbite

Sep 3, 2014
    I have read in the Darth Plagueis's novel this :
    “But Ashla is a perversion,” he went on, “for the dark has always preceded the light. The original idea was to capture the power of the Force and make it subservient to the will of sentient life. The ancients—the Celestials, the Rakata—didn’t pronounce judgment on their works. They moved planets, organized star systems, conjured dark side devices like the Star Forge as they saw fit. If millions died in the process, so be it. The lives of most beings are of small consequence. The Jedi have failed to understand this. They are so busy saving lives and striving to keep the powers of the Force in balance that they have lost sight of the fact that sentient life is meant to evolve, not simply languish in contented stasis.”
    Don't get me wrong. I have no problem with the idea of an ancient race of aliens preceding the Rakata and being at the origin of the creation of technological gems such as Centerpoint. But to make them intermediaries between the Force and other species or whether they are at the origin of the prophecy of the Chosen One, I find this absurd. This is why I hated all the novels and comics after the Yuuzhan Vong War (the charater of Abeloth offended me at the highest point).
    NB: It was stated that the Kwa were at the origin of the technology and knowledge of the Force to the Rakata.

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Did you read the Dawn of the Jedi comic series, zompusbite?

11. zompusbite

Sep 3, 2014
    Not totally, I admit. But where do you want to come General Immodet ?

12. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    The comic series offered some explanations...
    It did not feature the Celestials, but it did feature the Kwa.

13. zompusbite

Sep 3, 2014
    ok got it. Thanks for the news. I will read it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.