main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Cell Phone Number Exchange For Celebration

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TheHuntressDiana, May 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Head over to the Yahoo Group to add your number to the exchange thread.

Thank you. :)

2. Philentqiller

Philentqiller Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    okay being new to this place could you give me a link to this"yahoo" club thingy?
    thanks

3. Philentqiller

Apr 30, 2002
    okay i found it
    and here i was thinking this was a big group only 17 ppl ?

4. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    There are a fairly large number of people here. But I also know that not all of them have signed up with the group and/or been to any of the meetings yet.

And from a friend of mine (Lee), I know that we have a lot of lurkers here, and if you're one of them and are reading this...sign up! It's free ya know! :)

5. Philentqiller

Apr 30, 2002
    I just did. Lurkers suck that Y i joined up the once I Found a Star wars group here but 17 ppl is a bit upseting I thought the # of ppl was going to be in the 100s not just 17(now 18).

6. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    You have to remember...not everyone is willing to sign up with a Yahoo Group...and we don't force anyone to do so.

I also think...once we get our official web site past it's infant stage (what it's at right now), more people will be coming out of the woodwork.

And hey, if you've got friends who are as into SW as we are, tell them about us and encourage them to sign up (here and the Yahoo Group).

I'm going to try and stop at my local comic shop before I leave for C2 and see if I can leave some of our flyers there as well.

7. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I think we're doing pretty good considering that we've really only been doing this for a few months.Like THD said,it's really just a matter of letting people know that we even exist,which is where newbies can be a huge help just by telling your friends or by putting up a few flyers in area comic/games or bookstores.

8. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    What we lack in quantity, we more than make up for in quality! Wait till we unleash our plans for rapid expansion and publicity! Then you'll see hundreds, maybe thousands flock to join our ranks!

(Oops, was I not supposed to bring up the KB kidnapping thing? Oh, shoot, that was a secret, wasn't it? Oh well, it was gonna get out sooner or later. ;) )

M.

9. Midnightguard

Midnightguard Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm all for the slow growth thing myself. I've dealt with real life and online groups and I've noticed that when groups grow to fast then they typically will be more disorganized and not as much fun as was intended.

Slower growth gives the newer people a chance to get to know alot more people and feel more welcome than just getting thrown into a large group of people you don't really know at all and left to fend for themselves (that sort of situation is very stressful for some people). It also gives those organizing things some room to work with as far as planning things (such as where to meet).

Anyway, just my two-bits.

10. SparklerV

SparklerV Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    What's the name of the Yahoo Group so I can sign up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.